Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking - St. Louis prosecutor announces charges against the McCloskey couple

Exclamation Breaking - St. Louis prosecutor announces charges against the McCloskey couple

St. Louis' top prosecutor says she's charging couple who flashed guns at crowd marching to mayor's office

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-...r-gardner-guns

Mark and Patricia McCloskey say they were defending themselves against violent demonstrators

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner said Monday she's charging the couple who flashed guns at a crowd marching to the mayor's office last month with felony unlawful use of a weapon.

Gardner, the city's top prosecutor, told The Associated Press that Mark and Patricia McCloskey also faced a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree assault over the June 28 incident. "It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said.

However, the McCloskeys have said many times they were defending themselves, with tensions high in St. Louis and other cities over race and law enforcement. They said that the crowd of demonstrators broke an iron gate marked with "No Trespassing" and "Private Street" signs, and that some violently threatened them.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "...Mark and Patricia McCloskey have fought for the civil rights of clients for decades and support the Black Lives Matter movement.

We are Black Lives Matter people; it’s just the way they came in and were so aggressive,” Patricia said, speaking off camera Tuesday.

Yeah, they supported BLM until the iron gate didn't work any more. I wonder if Burn, Loot, & Mayhem will convince any of these die hards that cities are for Bolsheviks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I don't think that @TheCount is showing enough outrage for the anti 2nd Amendment harassment that this couple is facing. TheCount should spend equal time and outrage on this thread as the Portland arrest thread.

It'll get dropped quietly in the future when things cool down. That is how it always goes in cases like this. Worse case they get a pardon. They didn't break any laws.

That said the wife needs to learn to keep her finger off the trigger.

America’s @ war. Enemy is inside showing face every day

Kim Gardner's master is George Soros

these Maoists are being enabled by corrupted officials all over the country

A waste of time and taxpayers money..
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

The craziness of the left is absolutely maddening. These people did nothing wrong defending themselves and their homes.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-20-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It'll get dropped quietly in the future when things cool down. That is how it always goes in cases like this. Worse case they get a pardon. They didn't break any laws.

That said the wife needs to learn to keep her finger off the trigger.
    But that's not the point. The point is to intimidate homeowners from defending their property in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    But that's not the point. The point is to intimidate homeowners from defending their property in the future.
    And there you have it.

Nobody will ever hear that they got pardoned or that nothing happened.

All they will remember is they got arrested for defending their home against a violent mob.

The day is rapidly approaching where self defense will be a felony hate crime...especially force used against one of the Anointed.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And there you have it.

All they will remember is they got arrested for defending their home against a violent mob.

The day is rapidly approaching where self defense will be a felony hate crime...especially force used against one of the Anointed.
    I guess they should have just gone inside and called for the police. At least that is what those so called gun owners lawyers would have recommended

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I guess they should have just gone inside and called for the police. At least that is what those so called gun owners lawyers would have recommended
    Of course they already tried that.

I think I would have hung back, under cover, armed and ready if anybody crossed the line.

I think I would have hung back, under cover, armed and ready if anybody crossed the line.
    Well I certainly wouldn't have run out in the yard like an idiot with my finger on the trigger waving a handgun around, even thought it is legal and I support their right to do it. I also wouldn't have engaged these "protesters" at all. If they trespassed on my property with intent to damage it, they would be dealt with as the law allows me to. I don't look for trouble. but can handle it. My state as many do explicitly allows the use of deadly force to prevent arson and property damage.

Anarcho-tyranny continues unabated.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    CHILLING
    and its unlawful
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I don't think that @TheCount is showing enough outrage for the anti 2nd Amendment harassment that this couple is facing. TheCount should spend equal time and outrage on this thread as the Portland arrest thread.
    I think we all know who the RPF leftists are by now.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Schmitt/sta...50569977274369
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/GovParsonMO/stat...59839120699393
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

There's a reason the McCloskeys became unglued. Their proper dinner party support for BLM turned into zoo escape.

It's one thing to watch the animals behind bars. It's quite another to watch them in your own backyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    There's a reason the McCloskeys became unglued. Their proper dinner party support for BLM turned into zoo escape.

It's one thing to watch the animals behind bars. It's quite another to watch them in your own backyard.
    good post, will rep.

This encompasses many suburban whites. They will be woke until the mob comes for them, and then cry for the police which they wanted to defund. Pure hypocrisy.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

And there you have it.

We'll especially never hear of similar situations involving homeowners of lesser means, no media exposure, and an unsympathetic governor.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Well I certainly wouldn't have run out in the yard like an idiot with my finger on the trigger waving a handgun around, even thought it is legal and I support their right to do it. I also wouldn't have engaged these "protesters" at all. If they trespassed on my property with intent to damage it, they would be dealt with as the law allows me to. I don't look for trouble. but can handle it. My state as many do explicitly allows the use of deadly force to prevent arson and property damage.
    I think that they were foolish in how they went about things, but why should we hold private citizens defending their homes to a higher standard than we hold government-trained individuals such as law enforcement?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Anarcho-tyranny continues unabated.
    https://imgflip.com/i/48wjuy
    Last edited by Philhelm; 07-20-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NorthCarolinaLiberty again
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt on Monday moved to dismiss charges brought by St. Louis’ top prosecutor against a couple who pointed guns at a crowd marching to the mayor’s home last month, Fox News has learned.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner, the city’s top prosecutor, said Mark and Patricia McCloskey – both personal injury attorneys in their 60s – will be charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon following the June 28 incident.

"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner -- that is unlawful in the city of St. Louis," Gardner said in a statement. She added that she was recommending a diversion program as an alternative to jail if the McCloskeys are convicted.

Gardner declined to discuss to why Missouri’s “castle doctrine,” a law that justifies deadly force for those who are defending their homes from intruders, didn’t apply.

Within hours of the ruling, Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt filed a brief seeking to dismiss Gardner’s charges against the McCloskeys on the grounds that their Second Amendment rights are being violated.

“The right to keep and bear arms is given the highest level of protection in our constitution and our laws, including the Castle Doctrine, which provides broad rights to Missourians who are protecting their property and lives from those who wish to do them harm,” Schmitt said in a prepared statement provided to Fox News.

“Despite this, Circuit Attorney Gardner filed suit against the McCloskeys, who, according to published reports, were defending their property and safety. As Missouri’s Chief law enforcement officer, I won’t stand by while Missouri law is being ignored,” Schmitt said.

The brief filing says the attorney general “respectfully requests that the Court dismiss this case at the earlier possible opportunity.”

The McCloskeys have said they were defending themselves, with tensions high in St. Louis amid nationwide police protests sparked by the police custody death of George Floyd. The McCloskeys said that the crowd of demonstrators broke an iron gate marked with "No Trespassing" and "Private Street" signs and that some violently threatened them.

An attorney for the couple, Joel Schwartz, called the decision to charge "disheartening as I unequivocally believe no crime was committed."

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-...-guns-at-crowd

Not a dime's worth of difference
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

A slung rifle at low ready is a perfectly safe and legal way to make it known you are armed.

A slung rifle at low ready is a perfectly safe and legal way to make it known you are armed.

Yup.

"Patricia McCloskey and her husband, Mark McCloskey, have said the handgun Patricia McCloskey waved at protesters was inoperable because they had used it as a prop during a lawsuit they once filed against a gun manufacturer. In order to bring it into a courtroom, they made it inoperable.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Folks the evil Government is taking our constitutional rights away.
    Its a basic human right to defend your private propery!

I’m sure there are a few of you out there that don’t think CCW insurance is even necessary. For some of you, this may actually be true, but only if you’re somehow stuck in a state that doesn’t recognize the Second Amendment and you are limited to shooting your firearms at the range.

On top of that, you also need to have decided that you will never use a firearm in self-defense, even at home. If you meet those conditions, then CCW insurance might not be for you.

For literally everyone else, you should probably at least check out the most basic options available, even if you don’t carry, concealed or otherwise, because if you ever need to discharge your firearm, whether it’s at home, in your car, or in the sketchy parking lot outside of that equally sketchy Denny’s, you’ll wish you were covered.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/conce...parison-chart/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast