Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Rate Drops to 33-Year Low

Murder Rate Drops to 33-Year Low

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95379&page=1

Read another article saying that it is possible violent crime is the lowest since pre-prohibition. Also noteworthy, it is much easier to get a gun now than in the past. I don't think one has to do with the other but it would seem in a normal world gun control would be less of an issue given this data.

The U.S. murder rate last year hit the lowest level since 1966 as the number of serious crimes committed nationwide fell for the eighth year in a row, the FBI said today.In its 422-page report detailing final U.S. crime statistics for 1999, the FBI said the murder count stood at 15,533 last year, or one murder every 34 minutes.
    The murder rate worked out to six murders for every 100,000 U.S. inhabitants, the lowest level since 1966 when there were 5.7 murders for every 100,000 people.
    The overall violent crime rate sank to a 21-year low — 525 murders, rapes, robberies and assaults for every 100,000 residents. The last time the figure was lower — 498 in 1978 — came well before an epidemic of crack cocaine sent violent crime soaring in the mid-1980s.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In spite of leftist Bolsheviks running amok, an armed society IS a polite society.

Aren't cops' murder rates down too?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I don't think one has to do with the other but it would seem in a normal world gun control would be less of an issue given this data.
    I disagree.

I think the more people armed and carrying those arms has made a clear, demonstrable and rapid impact in violent crime reduction.

But, but, what about the beaner-pocalypse?

Weren't we were all supposed to get murdered and used as taco filling by the invading foreign hordes...?

Well, weed is practically legal in half the country now so..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Steadily trending down.

https://www.odmp.org/

There is no "War On Cops", outside of the usual havens of diversity in NY and CA and FL and TX.

PS: Interesting to note that cops deaths by auto crashes has decreased significantly as more "no high speed chases allowed" rules were put in place.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-17-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Weren't we were all supposed to get murdered and used as taco filling by the invading foreign hordes...?
    Amazing how it went down as we increased throwing them out.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The illegals are still responsible for more than their fair share, they still need to go even if the murder rate drops 90% more.

And politics is still the main reason they need to go.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    [IMG]https://static01.********/images/2018/02/21/us/up-myth-criminal-immigrant-promo/up-myth-criminal-immigrant-promo-facebookJumbo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2018/02/21/us/up-myth-criminal-immigrant-promo/up-myth-criminal-immigrant-promo-facebookJumbo.jpg[/IMG]

Nice try, we all know the difference between legal and illegal immigrants.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, the one group puts in their visa applications before the quota is met; the other, afterwards.

Yes, the one group puts in their visa applications before the quota is met; the other, afterwards.
    One group follows the law and the other doesn't give a fig for it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One group follows the law and the other doesn't give a fig for it.
    The immigration laws, as distinct from laws prohibiting real crimes, like murder.

The immigration laws, as distinct from laws prohibiting real crimes, like murder.
    Most don't make that distinction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Most don't make that distinction.
    Well, I guess you'd better pack up the potheads, jaywalkers, and other lawbreakers and ship them to Tijuana.

They break laws, therefore they will murder us all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I guess you'd better pack up the potheads, jaywalkers, and other lawbreakers and ship them to Tijuana.

They break laws, therefore they will murder us all.
    We can't do that with citizens even if statistics did show that people like that commit more real crimes like they show about illegals, citizens have a right to be here and are innocent until proven guilty, illegals are also innocent until proven guilty but they are guilty of illegal entry and don't have a right to be here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We can't do that with citizens even if statistics did show that people like that commit more real crimes like they show about illegals, citizens have a right to be here and are innocent until proven guilty, illegals are also innocent until proven guilty but they are guilty of illegal entry and don't have a right to be here.
    So, you are or aren't claiming that non-criminals like pot-smokers, jay-walkers, or border-crossers are more likely to commit violent crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Actually the illegal immigrant rate was also still going up while the murder rate was going down.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

So, you are or aren't claiming that non-criminals like pot-smokers, jay-walkers, or border-crossers are more likely to commit violent crimes?
    Border-crossers are, I haven't seen any studies that say that about jay-walkers or pot-smokers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Border-crossers are, I haven't seen any studies that say that about jay-walkers or pot-smokers.
    Show me these studies about border-crossers.

*Note that Breitbart articles aren't studies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Actually the illegal immigrant rate was also still going up while the murder rate was going down.

Just think how far the murder rate would have dropped without them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

While you're looking for those studies, @Swordsmyth, here's some other data to ponder:

The darker colors represent higher murder rates.

As you can see, Louisiana has the highest murder rate in the country.

If we deported all Louisianans, the US murder rate would drop.

Therefore, we should deport all Louisianans. If you disagree, you want people to die.

...see if you can spot the flaw in this reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Unfortunately, there's still no improvement in the number of cops that die to dog attacks each year.

It's still the same as it ever was.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Show me these studies about border-crossers.

*Note that Breitbart articles aren't studies.
    I and others have posted them before, I get tired of posting the same things over and over again because you open borders cultists pretend not to remember anything you don't like.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

While you're looking for those studies, @Swordsmyth, here's some other data to ponder:

The darker colors represent higher murder rates.

As you can see, Louisiana has the highest murder rate in the country.

If we deported all Louisianans, the US murder rate would drop.

Therefore, we should deport all Louisianans. If you disagree, you want people to die.

...see if you can spot the flaw in this reasoning.
    The citizens of Louisiana have a right to be here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just think how far the murder rate would have dropped without them.
    Well you support murder anyway as long as it's killing "illegals" so why are you bothered by a murder rate whatever it is?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I and others have posted them before, I get tired of posting the same things over and over again because you open borders cultists pretend not to remember anything you don't like.
    I remember lots of posts about imaginary Somali riots in Minnesota and the like.

Are those the ones you mean?

The citizens of Louisiana have a right to be here.
    If we deported them, fewer people in the US would die.

Therefore, by opposing their deportation, you want more people in the US to die.

...however can you sleep at night.

That's great. Now let's compare it with the 1950s. Or even the late 19th Century:

NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well you support murder anyway as long as it's killing "illegals" so why are you bothered by a murder rate whatever it is?
    Shooting invaders isn't murder no matter how many times you say it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast