Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Rand Paul Can Become President

How Rand Paul Can Become President

1. Be the strongest candidate on immigration, stronger than Trump (absolutely must follow through).

2. Use populist trade rhetoric (can go full free trade when he gets into office if he wants).

3. Get a buzz cut.

4. Start lifting heavy weights.

5. Everything else, keep doing what he's doing.

Trump's neocon tendencies play right into Rand's hands. The top comment on Breitbart the last time Trump launched strikes against Syria was "Rand Paul 2020."
    Last edited by FvS; 05-24-2018 at 10:25 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Subdue Kim. I am sure Trump wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FvS View Post
    1. Be the strongest candidate on immigration, stronger than Trump (absolutely must follow through).
    YES

2. Use populist trade rhetoric (can go full free trade when he gets into office if he wants).
    ONLY IF HE FOLLOWS THROUGH, otherwise he should emphasize attempting to win the trade war by removing the handicaps on the US economy.
    You don't run on something like that and then break the promise, we don't want Rand to go down in history as the "Read my lips, many new tariffs" guy who then got only one term because he broke his promise.

3. Get a buzz cut.
    WHATEVER

IT COULDN'T HURT

YES

Trump's neocon tendencies play right into Rand's hands. The top comment on Breitbart the last time Trump launched strikes against Syria was "Rand Paul 2020."
    "Bring them home" should be one of his top campaign slogans if he runs.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

1) Start doing the things his father's base expected him to do

2) Wait 10 years for his father's base to trust him again

3) recreate the grassroots that was already underway and was close to getting somewhere

4) Alternately, travel back in time to 2012 and not kick his father's base in the nuts, and actually try to ride that grassroots wave his father created, instead of torpedoing it
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    1) Start doing the things his father's base expected him to do

2) Wait 10 years for his father's base to trust him again

3) recreate the grassroots that was already underway and was close to getting somewhere

4) Alternately, travel back in time to 2012 and not kick his father's base in the nuts, and actually try to ride that grassroots wave his father created, instead of torpedoing it
    Yea don't do any of this crap, Rand.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ONLY IF HE FOLLOWS THROUGH, otherwise he should emphasize attempting to win the trade war by removing the handicaps on the US economy.
    Yeah, I like this better, but c'mon, you have to break at least one campaign promise. It's tradition.

Like I said last time: grow a beard.

with that said, I have doubts he'll bother running again.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Like I said last time: grow a beard.
    I dunno, if he grew a beard it would probably come in looking like one of the founding fathers, and they had some really weird beards back in the day.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He needs to shed himself of his beta male cuckness and have Trump teach him the ways of being an alpha male. Alpha males know how to get $#@! done while beta males are pussies who always play it too safe. It's no secret that the greatest presidents this country has had were all alpha males even though they weren't an alpha male in the same vain as Trump. Rand should also consider temporarily divorcing from his wife so he can have sex with many girls in their mid 20s.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-27-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2/3 of the adult population don't vote.

http://truthinmedia.com/usa-today-ne...tical-parties/

Rand needs to reach these people.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    2/3 of the adult population don't vote.

http://truthinmedia.com/usa-today-ne...tical-parties/

Rand needs to reach these people.
    Why bother if they don't vote?

Why bother if they don't vote?
    1) Because they can vote.

2) They're disillusioned with the Left/Right paradigm and are looking for voices other than typical democrat or republican agendas.

3) Because they can vote.

1) Because they can vote.

2) They're disillusioned with the Left/Right paradigm and are looking for voices other than typical democrat or republican agendas.

3) Because they can vote.
    LOL, a good portion of his base and his father's base even go out of their way to argue against voting.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL, a good portion of his base and his father's base even go out of their way to argue against voting.
    That is one way to spot wolves among the sheep and useful idiots, if they called for open revolt to overthrow the government I'd have more respect for them but as it is they are just enabling tyranny.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

3. Get a buzz cut.

1. Betray the Constitution and drastically expand the police state powers of the US government.

2. Lie to everyone so no one can trust him. (Also you can't be for free trade and state regulation of immigration. Free trade means all goods and services are able to flow freely without restriction or tariff, including labor.)

3. Become skin head

4. Become a jacked skin head.

5. But otherwise keep being "himself."

So, by becoming a Progressive. Gotcha.

That is one way to spot wolves among the sheep and useful idiots, if they called for open revolt to overthrow the government I'd have more respect for them but as it is they are just enabling tyranny.
    Other way around, jackboot. By voting you are giving a pledge of obedience to an authoritarian government. You help it maintain the illusion of democracy that allows it to continue to expand its power in the name of "the people." You're a useful idiot and the exact type the Deep State depends on to maintain its power.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Other way around, jackboot. By voting you are giving a pledge of obedience to an authoritarian government. You help it maintain the illusion of democracy that allows it to continue to expand its power in the name of "the people." You're a useful idiot and the exact type the Deep State depends on to maintain its power.
    The Deepstate relies on guns and cooperation, if you don't vote and you don't rebel you are cooperating, if you vote you might be able to move things the right direction, if you rebel you MIGHT be able to bring down the whole system and replace it with whatever way of life you think is right.

Tell me oh great and wise wolf among the sheep, how many years of not voting and not rebelling will bring an end to tyranny? How much more free are we today because of the people who didn't vote and just let those in power have their way?

For evil to triumph all that is required is for good men to do nothing, you seem intent on convincing the good people to do nothing, where does that put you?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is that why those people don't vote? I think it is more likely 50% are missing a chromosome, 48% can't be pried away from watching the Kardashians, and maybe 2% are either principled non-voters or "fed up the the Left/Right paradigm".

As a group, people who don't vote or people who are described as undecideds are the least informed people on everything in this country. They should have their address pinned to their shirts so strangers can't help them when get lost. And they should be kept away from glue. Only paste for the average non-voter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Is that why those people don't vote? I think it is more likely 50% are missing a chromosome, 48% can't be pried away from watching the Kardashians, and maybe 2% are either principled non-voters or "fed up the the Left/Right paradigm".

As a group, people who don't vote or people who are described as undecideds are the least informed people on everything in this country. They should have their address pinned to their shirts so strangers can't help them when get lost. And they should be kept away from glue. Only paste for the average non-voter.
    One other option: They just don't care, they want anyone else to deal with the problems in the world so they don't have to.

Not exactly the kind of people you want getting involved in any case, that's why non-partisan "get out the vote" drives make me mad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One other option: They just don't care, they want anyone else to deal with the problems in the world so they don't have to.

Not exactly the kind of people you want getting involved in any case, that's why non-partisan "get out the vote" drives make me mad.
    I think that falls under this.

48% can't be pried away from watching the Kardashians

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think that falls under this.
    But some aren't distracted by such things and just don't care anyway, there were such people long before modern media and celebrities were invented.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    He needs to shed himself of his beta male cuckness and have Trump teach him the ways of being an alpha male. Alpha males know how to get $#@! done while beta males are pussies who always play it too safe. It's no secret that the greatest presidents this country has had were all alpha males even though they weren't an alpha male in the same vain as Trump. Rand should also consider temporarily divorcing from his wife so he can have sex with many girls in their mid 20s.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but in general, it's better to be more masculine than less masculine. Not that Rand is anything close to being an open mouth numale, just that there's always room to improve one's image. It also doesn't mean you have to be sleazeball like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    1. Betray the Constitution and drastically expand the police state powers of the US government.

2. Lie to everyone so no one can trust him. (Also you can't be for free trade and state regulation of immigration. Free trade means all goods and services are able to flow freely without restriction or tariff, including labor.)

3. Become skin head

4. Become a jacked skin head.

5. But otherwise keep being "himself."

So, by becoming a Progressive. Gotcha.

2. Actually obtaining power is the key part. Whatever must be done, should be done. Also, Hoppe disagrees with you. https://mises.org/library/case-free-...-immigration-0

3. Do an image search for "buzz cut." Marvel at all the skinheads.
    Last edited by FvS; 05-29-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Actually, all he has to do is recognize that the country will be turning back inward (as far as the perception of the voters are concerned, at least) as the global dollar reserve standard formally ends and campaign accordingly. This is one of the biggest politician "secrets". Know what's going to happen, campaign on it before it happens, then take credit for it when it does happen. Trump lives and dies by this. Any way, assuming we aren't in full totalitarian police state by then, here's my suggestions:

1. Campaign on state's rights issues/10th Amendment and a return to more state and local control.
    2. Monetary system reform to close the 99%>1% gap. (grab that mantle before Sanders, Warren or Booker does)
    3. More manufacturing and exports. NO TRADE WARS, just free trade, with a goal toward improving American consumption of American goods and less "Made in China".
    4. Lower federal debt and tax burden. (state and local debt and tax burden will increase as Uncle Sugar dries up, but don't mention that part)
    5. Red meat to evangelicals about revisiting Rowe v. Wade, framed in the state's rights/10th Amendment. Trump has all but ignored them unless he can tie it to Israel.
    6. NO SCANDALS, A RETURN TO CONSERVATIVE INTEGRITY, NO AMMO FOR THE LEFT TO HARP ON

That's a few off the top of my head. Feel free to contact me about that 2020 advisor position
    Last edited by devil21; 05-30-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I know you're being sarcastic, but in general, it's better to be more masculine than less masculine. Not that Rand is anything close to being an open mouth numale, just that there's always room to improve one's image. It also doesn't mean you have to be sleazeball like Trump.

2. Actually . Also, Hoppe disagrees with you. https://mises.org/library/case-free-...-immigration-0

3. Do an image search for "buzz cut." Marvel at all the skinheads.
    1. Moly is a moron.

2. "obtaining power is the key part. Whatever must be done, should be done."

You're no better than the people you oppose if that is your philosophy. You'll lead to the same ends they are pursuing.

"The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?"

...We are the priests of power," [O'Brien] said. "God is power. But at present power is only a word so far as you are concerned. It is time for you to gather some idea of what power means. The first thing you must realize is that power is collective. The individual only has power in so far as he ceases to be an individual. You know the Party slogan 'Freedom is Slavery." Has it ever occurred to you that it is reversible? Slavery is freedom. Alone-free-the human being is always defeated. It must be so, because every human being is doomed to die, which is the greatest of all failures. But if he can make complete, utter submission, if he can escape from his identity, if he can merge himself in the Party so that he is the Party, then he is all-powerful and immortal. The second thing for you to realize is that power is power over human beings. Over the body-but, above all, over the mind. Power over matter external reality, as you would call it-is not important. Already our control over matter is absolute."

..."How does one man assert his power over another, Winston?"

Winston thought. "By making him suffer," he said.

"Exactly. By making him suffer. Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.

...If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

Also, Hoppe is wrong. Which isn't surprising. He is perhaps the worst "libertarian" theorist of any notoriety active today. If you want something actually useful on teh subject: https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/...n-immigration/

The Deepstate relies on guns and cooperation, if you don't vote and you don't rebel you are cooperating, if you vote you might be able to move things the right direction, if you rebel you MIGHT be able to bring down the whole system and replace it with whatever way of life you think is right.

Tell me oh great and wise wolf among the sheep, how many years of not voting and not rebelling will bring an end to tyranny? How much more free are we today because of the people who didn't vote and just let those in power have their way?

For evil to triumph all that is required is for good men to do nothing, you seem intent on convincing the good people to do nothing, where does that put you?
    "I'm going to rebel and prevail by playing by the tyrant's rules". Srsly? Not sure if srs. The Fedcoats make ol' King George look like a saint and you're worried about ruffling feathers? Read the DoI. The FedGov does stuff today that's worse than what started a bloody revolution 230+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    "I'm going to rebel and prevail by playing by the tyrant's rules". Srsly? Not sure if srs. The Fedcoats make ol' King George look like a saint and you're worried about ruffling feathers? Read the DoI. The FedGov does stuff today that's worse than what started a bloody revolution 230+ years ago.

Show me a viable actual rebellion you are part of or explain to me what non-voters have accomplished.

Until there is an actual rebellion voting is the only way to make any difference.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast