Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top ten most manly movies ever.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Now Crocodile Dundee was a wonderfully different kind of manly. Afraid of nothing. With charm.
    I know this has been posted many times, but for the record, the Oz government killed the real Crocodile Dundee for not turning in his guns.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh cut it out...so what?...it's just for discussion, and there are a bunch of movies he missed.
    All I am saying is that the group who compiled your list of so called manly men came from a group of men who are so manly that they think giving a woman oral pleasure is unnatural. Just saying, cos that I think should put everything else into perspective.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know this has been posted many times, but for the record, the Oz government killed the real Crocodile Dundee for not turning in his guns.
    Speaking of Oz, Quigley down under is one of my favorites.

Tombstone?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    All I am saying is that the group who compiled your list of so called manly men came from a group of men who are so manly that they think giving a woman oral pleasure is unnatural. Just saying, cos that I think should put everything else into perspective.
    Yah, duly noted...now, you got a movie to add or discuss or ya just gonna keep on wheezing?

Yah, duly noted...now, you got a movie to add or discuss or ya just gonna keep on wheezing?
    I added Gladiator to the list, did you miss it?

Road House.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The manliest movie I have seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post

+rep

Another Mel Gibson great!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I love me some Bloodsport but any movie that concludes with the two male leads confessing their love for each other is automatically disqualified.
    What's the name of that JCVD movie where he's forced to be hunted for sport by rich guys? His character's name was Chance in that one, IIRC. Might be one to consider for the list, IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Great Escape (1963)

No female characters.

Fantastic cast: Steve McQueen, James Garner, Richard Attenborough, Donald Pleasance, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Gordon Jackson, and David McCallum.

Gripping story, based on an actual escape.

Wonderful musical score by Elmer Bernstein.

60-foot jump on a motorcycle over barbed wire.

Several cast members, including Donald Pleasance, had been POW's during World War II.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Hilarious scene from Billy Jack:

[Billy Jack is surrounded by Posner's thugs]

Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?

Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?

Mr. Posner: [laughing] That's right, you don't.

Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?

Mr. Posner: Tell me.

Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...

[points to Posner's right cheek]

Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

Mr. Posner: Really?

Billy Jack: Really.

[kicks Posner's right cheek, sending him to the ground]

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I added Gladiator to the list, did you miss it?
    Good pick...I saw it.

Master and Commander.

Another epic without a single lead or even supporting female.

More so than just about anybody else, George Lucas is responsible for the emasculation of American movies. The runaway success of Star Wars...
    Maybe it's just a fun movie to watch, but I never did watch Star Wars.

It’s [Smoky and the Bandit] also an aggressively libertarian film, rooted in an abhorrence of stupid federal regulations and even stupider local authorities.

Plus, it’s the only time Sally Fields has ever actually looked hot in a movie,...

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

MAD MAX

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Good pick...I saw it.

Master and Commander.

Another epic without a single lead or even supporting female.
    I am a big Russel Crowe fan but I am yet to see the Master and Commander gonna have to add it to my to watch list. Also I don't necessarily think a woman in a movie makes it less manly. It all depends on how it is handled. Brave heart, Gladiator, The Patriot(I think) all have chicks in it but the man still remained the focus and the chick was mainly background or plot device that did not distract the man from his mission.

I think a manly man, still takes good care of his woman and would kick serious a** if someone messed with her.

The Gladiator
    The Goodfellas
    Pulp fiction (it is the inspiration to my username)

All manly movies to me. I can always tell which movies are manly cos the girls I have dated never seems to care for them

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post

+rep. Absolutely. Mel and Andrew Garfield should have won Oscars for this one.

Jeremiah Johnson

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll add one to the list....

Jeremiah Johnson

and in the same vein...

The Revenant

@shakey1 beat me to Jeremiah Johnson while I was looking for a The Revenant gif.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-10-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Throw in at least one Eastwood spaghetti western.

High Plains Drifter, Josey Wales, Good/Bad/Ugly, etc...
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Anti-hero movies

Walking Tall (the original).

I am a big Russel Crowe fan but I am yet to see the Master and Commander gonna have to add it to my to watch list. Also I don't necessarily think a woman in a movie makes it less manly. It all depends on how it is handled. Brave heart, Gladiator, The Patriot(I think) all have chicks in it but the man still remained the focus and the chick was mainly background or plot device that did not distract the man from his mission.

I think a manly man, still takes good care of his woman and would kick serious a** if someone messed with her.

The Gladiator
    The Goodfellas
    Pulp fiction (it is the inspiration to my username)

All manly movies to me. I can always tell which movies are manly cos the girls I have dated never seems to care for them
    Dat's an excellent choice right dere. Samuel L. Jackson is hilarious and badass in that.

SAY WHAT AGAIN, MOTHERFUCKER, I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA!
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-10-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I see Hacksaw Ridge , Dirty Dozen have been mentioned . Apocalypse Now .
    Do something Danke

Bullitt

Caddyshack

Carl represents the common man fighting against the globalist elites symbolized by the gopher.

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    What's the name of that JCVD movie where he's forced to be hunted for sport by rich guys? His character's name was Chance in that one, IIRC. Might be one to consider for the list, IDK.
    Hard Target.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Unforgiven

I thought Sin City was a pretty manly movie. Bruce Willis' character pretty much was the man (and a cop you could root for) and also Mickey Rourke .
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast