Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scarborough Sings Rock N Roll

Scarborough "Change You Can Believe In tour?"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bump for an original autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I've heard the stage diving does get pretty intense.
    Scarborough/Mika: Total Domination

OMFG. A Dead Kennedys gig cannot even compare. It's a paradigm shift. No more fern bars. Scarborough incites change at a level that can't even really be called "grass roots." It's beyond roots.

Last edited by anaconda; 03-11-2017 at 02:40 AM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Bump for an original autograph.
    There's a great deal on ebay right now... Signed autograph, only 70 $

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MORNING-JOE-TV...-/181973310984
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There's a great deal on ebay right now... Signed autograph, only 70 $

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MORNING-JOE-TV...-/181973310984
    Hate to see it become commercialized.

I just re-discovered this thread. So reminiscent of a young Bob Dylan.

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

WOW! With all the Peter Max artwork and Max painted piano... I wonder if Peter Max is going to do an album cover for Joe??

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    WOW! With all the Peter Max artwork and Max painted piano... I wonder if Peter Max is going to do an album cover for Joe??
    If Andy Warhol doesn't get the gig. I hear it's between the two of them.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a great photo. I wonder if there's a high res version, it'd make a great poster
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

That's a great photo. I wonder if there's a high res version, it'd make a great poster
    His showmanship is, as Trump might phrase it, "like nothing we've seen before." Notice the shredded guitar strings in the photo. Yet probably still coaxing sheer magic from that thing.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-01-2017 at 10:47 PM.

loveshiscountry

Scarborough/Mika: Total Domination

OMFG. A Dead Kennedys gig cannot even compare. It's a paradigm shift. No more fern bars. Scarborough incites change at a level that can't even really be called "grass roots." It's beyond roots.
    Was going to go with Roots:The Next Generation but too many are a wee bit sensitive to the culturally appropriated stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Was going to go with Roots:The Next Generation but too many are a wee bit sensitive to the culturally appropriated stuff.
    If Mika decides to join the band, let's just say Linda McCartney or Yoko Ono and leave it at that.

Last edited by anaconda; 09-01-2017 at 11:12 PM.

If Mika decides to join the band, let's just say Linda McCartney or Yoko Ono and leave it at that.

Yoko or Linda?
    I'm not sure you fully appreciate Mika's talents, and how she meshes with big daddy Joe and the boys.
    Go back and listen to her '72-'75 stuff. It's like someone rolled her in funk and then lovingly beat her with a saxophone -beautiful stuff.

More like Donna and the Dead. I know that's also controversial, but whatever.

Mika can hold her own, as long as she stays away from the junk.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

His showmanship is, as Trump might phrase it, "like nothing we've seen before." Notice the shredded guitar strings in the photo. Yet probably still coaxing sheer magic from that thing.
    Thanks for posting! Wow!

He uses some FAT gauges for that tone he gets, I would think it near impossible to break those things!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    That's a big "if." We've seen her slip one too many times.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-03-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks for posting! Wow!

He uses some FAT gauges for that tone he gets, I would think it near impossible to break those things!
    As Trump might say: "Scarborough accomplishes the impossible."

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yoko or Linda?
    I'm not sure you fully appreciate Mika's talents, and how she meshes with big daddy Joe and the boys.
    Go back and listen to her '72-'75 stuff. It's like someone rolled her in funk and then lovingly beat her with a saxophone -beautiful stuff.

More like Donna and the Dead. I know that's also controversial, but whatever.

Good memory and very germane points. I've been trying to find that bootleg of Mika performing several numbers live with Miles Davis. Mostly Bitches Brew material. I wanna say it was the Fillmore East or maybe Tokyo but don't quote me on that.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-03-2017 at 05:42 PM.

I forget how many weeks this song has topped the charts. Is it 177 or 178 weeks now? Scarborough's songwriting and producing know no earthly limits. I haven't seen this phenomena since perhaps Dylan, Lennon & McCartney, or maybe Psy. Chicks dig him. And all the men want to be him.

That song is amazing.

And yes, chicks dig Scar.
    - Kim Kardashian

Now that Scarborough has bid farewell to the Republican Party, I expect a new evolution in his music:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...lbum-love-song

WOW, what a preformance on The Late Show! With his cool look, glasses, suit and tie, he's dwarfing his predecessors like Elvis Costello and Donnie Iris, lol. Leaving them in the dust. And his music crosses all styles... Did you dig the saxophone player with cowboy hat??

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Did you dig the saxophone player with cowboy hat??
    Homage to Bono on the '87 tour?

Last edited by anaconda; 10-15-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Now that Scarborough has bid farewell to the Republican Party, I expect a new evolution in his music:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...lbum-love-song

And we see Mika opting for kind of a grunge version of Annie Lennox with a bit of Orange County thrown in. Very cool.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-16-2017 at 06:15 PM.

And we see Mika opting for kind of a grunge version of Annie Lennox with a bit of Orange County thrown in. Very cool.

Dear anconda, I see you started this thread and have been keeping it alive. I've made a few contributions to it being a big Scarborough fan myself... Also I see we are both 2007 RPF members which has prompted me to reach out to you.

anconda, I am concerned you have started to let Scarborough turn into an obsession as opposed to just being the fanboy we all are with him, his music and his life. Seriously there is more than just obsession over every portion of his life/music, even trickling down to wife, band members and who knows what other deep seeded thoughts you deal with. PLEASE get control of yourself back and start to enjoy him in a much healthier mindset. You may find yourself down a path of no return unless you regain some semblance of control. Take down some of the posters and pictures you have put on your walls albeit shrine worthy he is. Try listening to say, The Beatles (the 2nd most popular band of all time). I know it's hard but for gods sakes we care about you here!!!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where was the fork in the road?

Where was the fork in the road?

I think two important moments was when he married his first wife in '86 and when he joined Dixie Mills around '89.

It's such a shame that him and Melanie didn't work out. I'm sure they had their reasons - my guess is that Joe had outgrown her intellectually and creatively, and just drifted apart.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast