Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea conducts new intercontinental missile test

North Korea conducts new intercontinental missile test

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40757780

North Korea has conducted a new intercontinental ballistic missile test, South Korea and the Pentagon say.

The missile reached an altitude of about 3,000km (1,865 miles) and landed in the sea off Japan, the Japanese national broadcaster NHK said.
    It comes three weeks after North Korea's first ICBM test.

The latest missile flew higher, further and for longer than the one in early July. Its launch has been condemned by a number of countries.
    The test - the 14th carried out by North Korea in 2017 - is the latest to be conducted in defiance of a UN ban.

Jeffrey Lewis, a nuclear nonproliferation expert at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in California, said that initial indications showed the latest missile had a range of about 10,000km - far enough to strike the west coast of the United States and beyond.

The Washington Post reported that Denver and possibly Chicago could now be in North Korea's range.

The latest missile was launched at 23:41 North Korea time (15:41 GMT) from Jagang province in the north of the country, South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.

Korean missile launches at night are rare and it is not clear why it was conducted at this time.

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said the missile flew for about 45 minutes - some six minutes longer than the ICBM tested in early July.
    He said it landed in the sea in Japan's exclusive economic zone - part of the sea that is not within Japan's territorial waters.

NHK said it reached an altitude of about 3,000km - about 200km higher than the previous ICBM. It landed about 1,000km from the launch site, the Pentagon said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do love this North Korea "ICBM" propaganda.

It can reach Guam? "CAPABLE OF REACHING AMERICAN SOIL!!" It reaches an altitude of 3,000 km, meaning we can only say for sure it has a range of 3,000 km (because it's ballistic, and the greatest range you can get out of anything ballistic is when you shoot/launch it at a 45 degree angle)? "IT'S INTERCONTINENTAL AND HAS A RANGE OF 10,000!!" And why do we assume it's intercontinental and can reach beyond the Sea of Japan? "NORTH KOREA SAID IT COULD GO THAT FAR AND THEY NEVER LIE TO US!!"

And since when does U.S. media talk about kilometers, instead of miles? Only when scaremongering us, since using km results in bigger numbers?

The propaganda is getting awfully pitiful. They seem to have become such a pack of idiots they can't even tell when they're insulting our intelligence any more.

I wish Kim Jung Un would declare on NKTV that the next missile they test has a range of eleventy billion km, just so we can watch the evening news anchors trying to say that with a straight face.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I do love this North Korea "ICBM" propaganda.

It can reach Guam? "CAPABLE OF REACHING AMERICAN SOIL!!" It reaches an altitude of 3,000 km, meaning we can only say for sure it has a range of 3,000 km (because it's ballistic, and the greatest range you can get out of anything ballistic is when you shoot/launch it at a 45 degree angle)? "IT'S INTERCONTINENTAL AND HAS A RANGE OF 10,000!!" And why do we assume it's intercontinental and can reach beyond the Sea of Japan? "NORTH KOREA SAID IT COULD GO THAT FAR AND THEY NEVER LIE TO US!!"

And since when does U.S. media talk about kilometers, instead of miles? Only when scaremongering us, since using km results in bigger numbers?

The propaganda is getting awfully pitiful. They seem to have become such a pack of idiots they can't even tell when they're insulting our intelligence any more.

I wish Kim Jung Un would declare on NKTV that the next missile they test has a range of eleventy billion km, just so we can watch the evening news anchors trying to say that with a straight face.
    The article is from the BBC which is the British Broadcasting Corporation. They use kilometers over there.

And why didn't we take it out?

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    And why didn't we take it out?
    Because we know it is not really a threat and we want to propagandize about it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm ok with the US government having a defensive "missile shield"
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    because it's ballistic, and the greatest range you can get out of anything ballistic is when you shoot/launch it at a 45 degree angle
    This is quite true with a classic short range ballistic projectile (mortar or artillery shell without rocket assist) where energy is applied for a tiny fraction of time at the beginning. In the case of a ballistic missile you have powered propulsion over some portion of the time of flight. Traditionally, the flight profile would be near vertical for the first tens of miles. This is to quickly get above most of the atmosphere where energy lost to the friction from air is the greatest. The rocket would then roll over into a more horizontal flight profile to expend the remaining fuel converting into speed parallel to the surface of the Earth. Since NK is launching west to east it get the additive bonus of Earth's rotational speed at the latitude of launch working in its favor, that is the for the duration of flight (however many tens of minutes that ends up being) the Earth is spinning underneath it. Were NK to launch towards the Middle East the same flight profile would yield a shorter range. Its also important to remember that distances will not be straight lines on a map projection but rather great circles. (See any great circle calculator between two locations, simple Google search.)

Journalist and bloggers are such great tools of propagandists because they tend to be incompetent at any math beyond simple arithmetic and disdainful of any science other than that supporting their own ignorant world view.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    This is quite true with a classic short range ballistic projectile (mortar or artillery shell without rocket assist) where energy is applied for a tiny fraction of time at the beginning. In the case of a ballistic missile you have powered propulsion over some portion of the time of flight. Traditionally, the flight profile would be near vertical for the first tens of miles. This is to quickly get above most of the atmosphere where energy lost to the friction from air is the greatest. The rocket would then roll over into a more horizontal flight profile to expend the remaining fuel converting into speed parallel to the surface of the Earth. Since NK is launching west to east it get the additive bonus of Earth's rotational speed at the latitude of launch working in its favor, that is the for the duration of flight (however many tens of minutes that ends up being) the Earth is spinning underneath it. Were NK to launch towards the Middle East the same flight profile would yield a shorter range. Its also important to remember that distances will not be straight lines on a map projection but rather great circles. (See any great circle calculator between two locations, simple Google search.)

Journalist and bloggers are such great tools of propagandists because they tend to be incompetent at any math beyond simple arithmetic and disdainful of any science other than that supporting their own ignorant world view.

XNN
    Don't really follow you on the earth's rotation. The missile would be going with the rotation (chasing it) fired to the east. But the the earth's rotation on the travel time of a missile in either direction is negligible. They travel too fast.
    Last edited by agitator; 07-31-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Is Kim Un some sort of Council On Foreign Relations/CIA creation? Or are we being lied to in the western media about what statements he has actually made? I mean, why would he go on about being able to strike the western U.S. with one lonely missile? They would be instantly flattened for weeks with U.S. bombs, mopped up with ground forces, then turned over to South Korea. So what's the point? Creating some ridiculous caricature of an unstable enemy seems to only benefit NATO narratives and agendas. WTF? Throw me a bone here.
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-31-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Is Kim Un some sort of Council On Foreign Relations/CIA creation? Or are we being lied to in the western media about what statement he actually has made? I mean, why would he go on about being able to strike the western U.S. with one lonely missile? They would be instantly flattened with U.S. bombs. So what's the point? Creating some ridiculous caricature of an unstable enemy seems to only benefit NATO narratives and agendas. WTF?
    You are getting close, China Co-operates with the con because they are part of the Globalist empire.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Is Kim Un some sort of Council On Foreign Relations/CIA creation? Or are we being lied to in the western media about what statements he has actually made? I mean, why would he go on about being able to strike the western U.S. with one lonely missile? They would be instantly flattened for weeks with U.S. bombs, mopped up with ground forces, then turned over to South Korea. So what's the point? Creating some ridiculous caricature of an unstable enemy seems to only benefit NATO narratives and agendas. WTF? Throw me a bone here.
    He has been bragging about being able to strike the US for years. This is nothing new. He and his father threatened to turn the US to rubble for decades.

Basically, North Korea was flattened in the Korean war. 19 of 22 major cities were turned to 85% or greater rubble. So the North Koreans coalesced under one leader, and followed him unquestioningly, which is what any people close to extinction would do. The memory of this destruction is culturally the center point of North Korea's national identity. Therefore, claiming to be willing and able to destroy the United States, if it tries to do this to North Korea again, will always be popular with the North Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    He has been bragging about being able to strike the US for years. This is nothing new. He and his father threatened to turn the US to rubble for decades.

Basically, North Korea was flattened in the Korean war. 19 of 22 major cities were turned to 85% or greater rubble. So the North Koreans coalesced under one leader, and followed him unquestioningly, which is what any people close to extinction would do. The memory of this destruction is culturally the center point of North Korea's national identity. Therefore, claiming to be willing and able to destroy the United States, if it tries to do this to North Korea again, will always be popular with the North Koreans.
    OK I'll buy that.

Fear mongering. War mongering. Hysteria. Another day under the spell of the deep-state media complex.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Trump said he was going to deal with it but has been very quiet other than to tweet about China not doing anything about it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    North Korea's latest ICBM failed an important phase

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/31/north-koreas-latest-icbm-test-failed-in-reentry-phase.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Ch eadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=104621599&yptr=yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-kor...200831200.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    Don't really follow you on the earth's rotation. The missile would be going with the rotation (chasing it) fired to the east. But the the earth's rotation on the travel time of a missile in either direction is negligible. They travel too fast.
    Yep. You are correct. My direction of rotation was bass ackwards. I was confusing the conservation of the Earths radial velocity by launching to the east.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

OMG!!1! North Korea is gonna get us! Hide under your beds! (Hold on, Putin is under the bed, don't hide there! Maybe in the closet? Damn. Lindsey Graham is in there! Boogeymen everywhere).

Just a bunch of neoconservative paranoia.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

US unveils tougher new UN sanctions on North Korea

The council is expected to vote on Saturday on the measures that include a ban on exports of coal, iron and iron ore, lead and seafood by the cash-starved state.

The ban on exports could deprive the Pyongyang regime of $1 billion in annual revenue, roughly a third of its foreign currency earnings, according to a diplomat familiar with the negotiations.
    The draft text would also prevent North Korea from sending additional workers abroad, prohibit all new joint ventures and ban new investment in the current joint companies.
    The diplomat indicated that China and Russia were prepared to support the draft resolution, which would be the seventh set of UN sanctions imposed on North Korea since it first carried out a nuclear test in 2006.
    The proposed resolution would add North Korea's Foreign Trade Bank, which manages foreign exchange, to a UN sanctions blacklist that imposes an assets freeze.

It would also tighten trade restrictions on technology to prevent North Korea from acquiring items that could be used for its military programs.
    North Korean vessels that are caught violating UN resolutions would be banned from entering ports in all countries, under the proposed measure.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-unveil...194847836.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    US unveils tougher new UN sanctions on North Korea

The council is expected to vote on Saturday on the measures that include a ban on exports of coal, iron and iron ore, lead and seafood by the cash-starved state.

The ban on exports could deprive the Pyongyang regime of $1 billion in annual revenue, roughly a third of its foreign currency earnings, according to a diplomat familiar with the negotiations.
    The draft text would also prevent North Korea from sending additional workers abroad, prohibit all new joint ventures and ban new investment in the current joint companies.
    The diplomat indicated that China and Russia were prepared to support the draft resolution, which would be the seventh set of UN sanctions imposed on North Korea since it first carried out a nuclear test in 2006.
    The proposed resolution would add North Korea's Foreign Trade Bank, which manages foreign exchange, to a UN sanctions blacklist that imposes an assets freeze.

It would also tighten trade restrictions on technology to prevent North Korea from acquiring items that could be used for its military programs.
    North Korean vessels that are caught violating UN resolutions would be banned from entering ports in all countries, under the proposed measure.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-unveil...194847836.html
    Gotta love the US policy of sanctioning a poor country, then criticizing them for starving.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Yea, it'll reach all the way to NY... carrying something with a yield of a firecracker.

When the US nuclear program was at the point NK is now it took another 15 years- as the wealthiest country in the world- to develop a true first strike capable ICBM. It seems like a country with no electricity and everyone starving would take longer.

UN imposes tough new sanctions on North Korea

https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-imposes-tough-sanctions-north-korea-191903034.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They did what?

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Kim Jong Un Reacts:

(The US has no trade with North Korea so can't impose any sanctions themselves which basically leaves China which has been unwilling to impose them out of fear of instability in Korea possibly spilling over to them).

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm not sweating it. Just a year and a half ago they couldn't build tp bombs that worked.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...a+toilet+paper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

In the year of 2000 there were seven countries without a Rothschild owned or controlled Central Bank:
    Afghanistan
    Iraq
    Sudan
    Libya
    Cuba
    North Korea
    Iran

The only countries left in 2003 without a Central Bank owned or controlled by the Rothschild Family were:
    Sudan
    Libya
    Cuba
    North Korea
    Iran

The only countries left in 2011 without a Central Bank owned or controlled by the Rothschild Family are:
    Cuba
    North Korea
    Iran

https://www.google.com/search?q=whic...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The United Nations Security Council unanimously imposed new sanctions on North Korea on Saturday
    that could slash by a third the Asian state's $3 billion annual export revenue
    over Pyongyang's two July intercontinental ballistic missile tests.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-no...edName=topNews

more grist for the bustling black market.
    Name 1 country where modern day sanctions have brought a country to its knees.
    It doesn't even work w/ land-locked countries
    much less an asian nation w/ its own ports.
    The double-freeze was the only 'plan' that made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Oops.
    China has voted for sanctions in the past but not enforced them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast