Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In the Shopping Cart of a Food Stamp Household: Lots of Soda

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    What blood type is your husband?
    That's rather personal.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That's rather personal.
    Has everything to do with how food effects you.

I'm a Blood Type O and thrive on a Paleo diet. Other blood types have different needs. A Blood Type A should definitely not be eating meat.
    There is no spoon.

I'm a Blood Type O and thrive on a Paleo diet. Other blood types have different needs. A Blood Type A should definitely not be eating meat.
    Type is important, yes, but also very important is the rh factor. Blood types and food is a very interesting topic and I think everyone should research deeper into it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What blood type is your husband?
    at our ages, we really should know that ..
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    on the surface this might seem to make sense to some,,

but it is total bull$#@!.

Much easier (and we are not discussing the industrious) to buy a bunch of good cuts of beef and sell them in the parking lot for half price.
    More cash instantly.
    Sense and drug addiction don't usually go together. What I described has actually been a problem here.

They used to just trade the snap card to the dealer for drugs, but the state starting putting photos on the card. It was well known this was happening because the same people would get a replacement card every month.

There are also well known crooked stores where they can just ring up a transaction and get cash back for a cut.

Admittedly welfare fraud isn't systemic or widespread, but this stuff really does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Type is important, yes, but also very important is the rh factor. Blood types and food is a very interesting topic and I think everyone should research deeper into it.
    I'm A-. I've thought about looking into that diet but I stopped at vegetarian. I might try it for a month and see how I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm A-. I've thought about looking into that diet but I stopped at vegetarian. I might try it for a month and see how I feel.
    That's what I did; try for a week, if a month seems too long.

I had a stomach ache all of my life until I read the book and tried it out. Turns out that wheat flour was killing me.
    There is no spoon.

Just fyi but if you're a neg then you are no animal
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

the concept of this thread feels like the concept of taxing and regulating cheap fast food out of poor neighborhoods.

as a long-time type 1 diabetic, it is tempting to criticize eating habits of other people (particularly those that have acquired type-2 diabetes). in my mind, perhaps a "cure" for my disease would have been developed if all diabetes research funds were allocated to my disease. but there is such a selfish aspect to this viewpoint that I've managed to dismiss it.

on a side note, I just think it's poor form to criticize poor peoples poor choices.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Quick Google fact check:
    I am not going to argue. From experience it's not allowed. Maybe things changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Um.. hi.. I'm a fat vegetarian.. partially due to undiagnosed medical crap but yeah.. we exist
    lol, never said you didn't exist, just that i've never met one. b/c the stereotype has been accurate in my experience. also, i do understand that you can get fat without eating meat. calories in minus calories out; +=gain weight, -=lose weight. doesn't get any simpler.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    lol, never said you didn't exist, just that i've never met one. b/c the stereotype has been accurate in my experience. also, i do understand that you can get fat without eating meat. calories in minus calories out; +=gain weight, -=lose weight. doesn't get any simpler.
    cheers
    Hormonal issues play a big part in it. I never had much trouble controlling my weight until I started having thyroid problems. Now, I have to keep track of every calorie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    cheers
    As Suz says, a number of things can warp the "out" part. Hormones, stress, medications, disease...anything that messes with your chemistry.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Hormonal issues play a big part in it. I never had much trouble controlling my weight until I started having thyroid problems. Now, I have to keep track of every calorie.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    As Suz says, a number of things can warp the "out" part. Hormones, stress, medications, disease...anything that messes with your chemistry.
    Definitely agree. I could NEVER gain a pound when I was younger. Now, something's slowed down and all of the sudden I wake up and have 15 extra pounds. WTF? The 'out' part includes your physiology, for better or worse. But the 'law of the calorie' remains. Solve that and you can also sell your perpetual motion machine!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Um.. hi.. I'm a fat vegetarian.. partially due to undiagnosed medical crap but yeah.. we exist
    I know a lot of fat vegetarians. It's not hard when your diet consists primarily of pasta and bread.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    One problem with that would be the homeless. Rice, pasta, veggies all need to be cooked and can't do that without stove or even microwave. This whole discussion is a trap. Instead of micromanaging social welfare we need to focus more on drawing it down. Focus benefits on the elderly destitute and reduce them everywhere else. Especially necessary is a law that says you LOSE benefits for having additional children rather than gain more benefits. That is the true insanity of the current system. We are encouraging the worst among us to breed.
    It should be eliminated completely. These attempts to control what people are allowed to eat is a step in the wrong direction. Instead of taking power away from a government program, we are giving it more power. Conservatives should not be supporting such ideas. The way things are going buying food with your own money is going to be illegal eventually. We'll all have a food allotment provided by the government, and they will already have the power to control what we eat.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's against the law in my town. Cuts into the trash companies profits.
    So you forfeit your rights to your trash once placed around a publicly accessible space.
    The city claims ownership of such trash, but only so far as such items hold inherent value.
    Yet the city claims you are responsible to remove all items and trash dumped on or around the premise of your property without your permission or knowledge.

I feel like logic has itself broken here.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

We live in a trickle up economy. The poor do not create wealth; they are purely consumers. Similar to SNAP, EIC tax refunds, that go to those who don't pay taxes, also wind up in corporate shareholder accounts. The system is such that middle class taxes subsidize the wealthy.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    I know a lot of fat vegetarians. It's not hard when your diet consists primarily of pasta and bread.
    my diet consists mostly of green things.. leaves and stalks, avocados, peas, green beans, olives (green and black) cucumber, cabbage
    I'm off wheat, corn, oats, rye, barley and white potatoes (I will eat a purple potato though). Occasionally I'll have rice - sweet potatoes about once a week,
    quinoa.. about once a month
    Other colors..
    white.. cauliflower, cheese that has not been colored yellow, organic fresh dairy and yogurt, onions, garlic
    neutral/more than one color.. nuts, organic raw nuts, hemp seeds, bananas, apples, pears, apricots, plums/prunes
    Red.. beets, tomatoes, red peppers, strawberries, raspberries (ok, blue but blueberries) baby red lentils occasionally,
    Orange.. oranges, orange bell peppers when I can find them organic, winter squash, carrots (and the multi color ones)
    brown.. chocolate, yes, chocolate is a food group, coffee (bulletproof)
    my grease is butter, coconut oil and occasionally olive oil
    and I have various herbs around to make "not tea" drinks (oat straw, comfrey, nettles *tastes bad but good for the body, raspberry leaf, red clover etc..
    I eat a lot of soups and salads.
    I am not so much an over eater but an under exerciser - I get about 20 minutes into something.. get so hot I get nauseous and have to stop.. and it's not that way unless I'm off my thyroid meds but then I get arrhythmias and weird skin things going on. bad trade.. no good choice
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    So you forfeit your rights to your trash once placed around a publicly accessible space.
    The city claims ownership of such trash, but only so far as such items hold inherent value.
    Yet the city claims you are responsible to remove all items and trash dumped on or around the premise of your property without your permission or knowledge.

The logic is sound. You see, the people putting out the trash are leaving it out for the trash company to pick it up and recycle. And sometimes the participants get a discount from the trash company. So in essence, taking something left 4 someone else is actually stealing. Imagine how you would feel if you put a mail out to be delivered by Fedex and some no name person takes it and delivers it for you. Even if they do a good job of it, you would still prefer the people you paid did the job.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dial it back to fresh fruits and veggies, meat, maybe rice, pasta and canned goods. Eventually eliminate milk and meat. Never met a fat vegetarian.
    Hah that's not accurate.. Meat doesn't make you fat, carbs make you fat. I've known plenty of fat vegetarians. Vegetarians tend to be more healthy than your average person and tend to be skinnier because they tend to focus on eating real foods - vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains - and less processed foods.. But there are vegetarians who eat too much sugar, too many highly processed grains and such who are overweight.

I lost over 60 lbs after I became vegetarian and stuck to a mostly veg diet for 10 years, but I lost the weight because I started eating healthier, not because I stopped eating meat. Now I am paleo, I eat tons of meat and literally drink fat and am even more trim and have my weight under better control than when I was vegetarian.. that is because I further cut my carb/sugar intake when I became paleo.

That said, meat is expensive and good cuts are a luxury item. Grains are cheap and are good in times of emergency or famon, and if you're on SNAP then you are lucky you are eating at all so IMO, SNAP should only be able to buy beans (dry), rice, flour, masa, pasta, milk, eggs, canned tuna, fresh veg, fruit, spices and meat that is less than $3/lb like chitlins and pigs feet, drum sticks, ground beef and whatnot. For water, they should only be able to buy the $.35/gallon bulk water from the dispenser, not bottled water.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post

The way it works here is that the city contracts a private company for household trash and recyclables. The city has it's own vehicles for limbs and leaves. The contract with the city allows for collecting recycling. So when the recyclables are in the container at the curb they are considered property of the trash company.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    We live in a trickle up economy. The poor do not create wealth; they are purely consumers. Similar to SNAP, EIC tax refunds, that go to those who don't pay taxes, also wind up in corporate shareholder accounts. The system is such that middle class taxes subsidize the wealthy.
    That is an interesting take . Even greater reason to remove govt from such things .
    Do something Danke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123