Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We will not pay: the Americans withholding their taxes to fight Trump

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Of course we should have some say. For years we have been sending people to Washington with specific orders to end the scourge of abortion. None of them did anything. Now Trump has taken a baby step in the right direction.

But nonpayment of taxes is not a constitutional way to redress grievances against government.
    LOL they're not going to pay for your $#@!en wall
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is pure liberty gold. Eagerly supportive of this form of protest and civil disobedience.
    No - No - No - No

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a really great documentary about the what Randy Kehler and Betsy Corner went through called An Act of Conscience.

http://www.der.org/films/act-of-conscience.html
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    This is pure liberty gold. Eagerly supportive of this form of protest and civil disobedience.
    Except when the pendulum swings back to the left they'll be right back to advocating for theft because social contracts, muh roads, and it's the price we pay for living in a civilized society.

Peter Schiff's father died in prison over this crap. Literally millions of people are financially devastated after the IRS gets finished with them. But I am supposed to be happy because the snowflake tantrum du jour happens to coincide with my personal beliefs for a few brief moments in time?

Some of you buy happiness pretty cheaply, but I still cannot afford it.

Where was this form of civil disobedience eight years ago, or even four years ago? Making Trump the issue will not make the point that government is the issue.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Where was this form of civil disobedience eight years ago, or even four years ago? Making Trump the issue will not make the point that government is the issue.
    He's Superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Except when the pendulum swings back to the left they'll be right back to advocating for theft because social contracts, muh roads, and it's the price we pay for living in a civilized society.

Peter Schiff's father died in prison over this crap. Literally millions of people are financially devastated after the IRS gets finished with them. But I am supposed to be happy because the snowflake tantrum du jour happens to coincide with my personal beliefs for a few brief moments in time?

True.

Occupy Wall Street: "Right on, down with fascists!"
    Occupy a wildlife refuge: "Send in the drones!"

And I'll bet these tax protesters still rant that the top 1% should have to pay a 99% income tax rate.

many people called for it
    many already do it and have for years
    Craig T. Nelson the actor called for a tax revolt on the tonight show in 2009 for instance

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Then you wake up and realize that this is just partisans doing what they do best. The democrats care about the govt debt when republicans are in office and vice versa, this happens on issues of war, civil liberties,executive power, etc etc. They don't really care about the issue in front of them, just the opponent. The pendulum swings and whatever gain you thought you made evaporates.

This has been such a vicious cycles that the actions of the two parties are becoming very predictable. I have personally given up hope and just here for the lawls now

The Constitution gives us the freedom of peaceful assembly to redress grievances against government. If we arer going to talk about the Constitution, then we have to be as consistent as we expect government to be.
    If we are going to talk about the Constitution, then we should begin with the premise that the Constitution doesn't "give" us the freedom of peaceful assembly to redress grievances against government
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    John has a long mustache. I repeat, John has a long mustache.
    The looters have entered the package store.

This is a good development and should be encouraged. The liberals have been bent out of shape so badly they starting to do somethings right inadvertently.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Nicely put and I agree.

This special snowflake, I am quite sure, has no idea who Ed and Elaine Brown are either.

And if he does, more than likely was all for the government destroying them and throwing them in cages to die.

That said, I am all for actions such as this for one reason, it drives home the basic inequity of government in all it's forms, of "democracy" stealing bread from your table, to pay for $#@! you find morally repulsive.

I have seen leftists carrying signs saying "become ungovernable".

I agree 100%.

By any logical and reasonable assessment, this country already is.

I have thought, over the years, that you took a little too harsh of a stand against "liberals", that your immediate distaste of them and their policies and beliefs was too rigid, too unwelcome to finding common cause, too dismissive of what perhaps were valid concerns and points of view.

Well, mea culpa...I was as wrong about that as I was about political prognostications.

The last few months has shown me one thing, if nothing else: there can be no common cause or common ground with people who are insane.

More than insane, these people are unhinged.

The faster that pendulum swings, the father it swings, the more force it builds up, is the closer we get to the only solution to this problem: break up and dissolution of the nation state called the USA.

The situation is now clearly untenable, unsolvable, ungovernable and no longer has the consent of anybody to govern them.

Not to mention being broke.

Dissolve it, let each state or group of states go its own way.

End it now, before it ends in war and bloodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nicely put and I agree.

This special snowflake, I am quite sure, has no idea who Ed and Elaine Brown are either.

And if he does, more than likely was all for the government destroying them and throwing them in cages to die.

That said, I am all for actions such as this for one reason, it drives home the basic inequity of government in all it's forms, of "democracy" stealing bread from your table, to pay for $#@! you find morally repulsive.

I agree 100%.

I have thought, over the years, that you took a little too harsh of a stand against "liberals", that your immediate distaste of them and their policies and beliefs was too rigid, too unwelcome to finding common cause, too dismissive of what perhaps were valid concerns and points of view.

Well, mea culpa...I was as wrong about that as I was about political prognostications.

The last few months has shown me one thing, if nothing else: there can be no common cause or common ground with people who are insane.

The faster that pendulum swings, the father it swings, the more force it builds up, is the closer we get to the only solution to this problem: break up and dissolution of the nation state called the USA.

The situation is now clearly untenable, unsolvable, ungovernable and no longer has the consent of anybody to govern them.

I agree. We aren't dealing with people like Dave Rubin from the Rubin report or Sam Harris. We are dealing more with the brat children and zombie army of Bill Kristol, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and TYT. Secession of California and tax protesting have been the ONLY sensible and rational actions the left has collectively taken. Basically the accuracy of a broken clock. In general however, they are stark raving mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    I agree. We aren't dealing with people like Dave Rubin from the Rubin report or Sam Harris. We are dealing more with the brat children and zombie army of Bill Kristol, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and TYT. Secession of California and tax protesting have been the ONLY sensible and rational actions the left has collectively taken. Basically the accuracy of a broken clock. In general however, they are stark raving mad.
    This is a broad collectivist statement. Are you a psychiatrist?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    lol angered the shill.

Peter Schiff's father died in prison over this crap.
    No, Irwin Schiff did not go to jail for protesting taxation as a matter of conscience. He was a three-time loser who sold phony tax advice to suckers who relied on it to their detriment.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Trump isn't radical right enough to suit me. I had hoped that he would reset foreign policy but I don't sense that's going to happen. Which is a shame, because the reason he won the primary was because he refused to treat the liberals as sane.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol angered the shill.
    What shill?

Trump isn't radical right enough to suit me. I had hoped that he would reset foreign policy but I don't sense that's going to happen. Which is a shame, because the reason he won the primary was because he refused to treat the liberals as sane.
    I know, it is difficult to see how the foreign policy is panning out somewhat. I see serious problems growing from China/India/Pakistan region, another in house of Saud stability if King Abdulla dies, and its hard to see how Trump is going to respond. Right now it's just saber rattling.

Nicely put and I agree.

I agree 100%.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    -Albert Camus

I know, it is difficult to see how the foreign policy is panning out somewhat. I see serious problems growing from China/India/Pakistan region, another in house of Saud stability if King Abdulla dies, and its hard to see how Trump is going to respond. Right now it's just saber rattling.
    I would like to see him drop all the sanctions against Russia, pardon Snowden to take away Putin's bargaining chip, and watch the domestic fallout from a golf course somewhere.

Agreed. Outside of pardoning Snowden, he needs to keep to his promise of investigating Hillary for SAP, emails, blurting out nuke secrets on live TV, and other crimes specifically the Clinton Foundation for pay to play. Until he does that, he maybe more of the same even though it may just be a slight improvement from the typical president.

Um... I hate to throw cold water on this, but let's be honest here.

Most of these people don't pay taxes now anyway. In fact, if they change their withholdings it just means the government will have less to pay them back. If they were to really stop filing, they wouldn't get their "credits" and the government would end up with MORE money.

Ain't gun' happen.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    No, Irwin Schiff did not go to jail for protesting taxation as a matter of conscience. He was a three-time loser who sold phony tax advice to suckers who relied on it to their detriment.
    You don't figure numerous prosecutions and a lifetime of harassment by the IRS to be a "matter of conscience"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Schiff

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Most of these people don't pay taxes now anyway. In fact, if they change their withholdings it just means the government will have less to pay them back. If they were to really stop filing, they wouldn't get their "credits" and the government would end up with MORE money.

Ain't gun' happen.
    According to the article, Newman plans on altering his withholding (amazing, maybe people can start getting pissed off about that, how about it leftists: "TRUMP KEEPS YOUR MONEY BEFORE YOU EVEN GET PAID!") so as to owe money, and then plans on not paying.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Ain't gun' happen.
    Hey, times are crazy, you never know!

According to the article, Newman plans on altering his withholding (amazing, maybe people can start getting pissed off about that, how about it leftists: "TRUMP KEEPS YOUR MONEY BEFORE YOU EVEN GET PAID!") so as to owe money, and then plans on not paying.
    except for employment taxes.
    -Albert Camus

You don't figure numerous prosecutions and a lifetime of harassment by the IRS to be a "matter of conscience"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Schiff
    Not when he's selling bogus tax avoidance stuff that adversely affects people who rely on it not out of some sort of opposition to taxation but because they really believe the crap he's peddling is a legal way to avoid taxes.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast