Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bud no longer in top three selling brands of beer in US

Bud no longer in top three selling brands of beer in US

Overtaken by Miller Lite in the No.3 spot . US beer sales down 1 percent in 2017 while wine and spirits remain flat . Budweiser sales of 14.4 million barrels is less than a third of the brands peak sales. It had remained in the top three since data tracking began in the 70's . Coming in at No.'s 6 through 10 are , Natural Light , Busch Light , Miller High Life , Busch and Keystone Light .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anheuser Busch stock down today another one percent to 114.10 . I hope the Texan will be OK in retirement .

They may have also overspent when they ordered those 40 tesla trucks .....

I am trying to think if they own a beer better than Modelo which I think they have now . Probably not . So , the best product they have is a Mexican beer ?

Natural Light , Busch Light , Miller High Life , Busch and Keystone Light .......

I don't even drink beer but I especially don't drink those.

...because its DISGUSTING!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The big beer companies use their clout to guarantee shelf space in stores.
    There is a reason why 3/4 of the beer aisle in supermarkets is all mass produced piss water, and the remaining 1/4 is taken up by fake microbrew brands made by those same companies, leaving you with 1/8 of the aisle devoted to real beer.
    There's also a reason why that 1/8 of the aisle is at the back of the store.

If that hadn't been happening for the last 25 years, I'm pretty sure none of those large breweries would even exist today.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Overtaken by Miller Lite in the No.3 spot . US beer sales down 1 percent in 2017 while wine and spirits remain flat . Budweiser sales of 14.4 million barrels is less than a third of the brands peak sales. It had remained in the top three since data tracking began in the 70's . Coming in at No.'s 6 through 10 are , Natural Light , Busch Light , Miller High Life , Busch and Keystone Light .
    All non-American companies.

I don't drink fake American beer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they stayed out of politics rather than piss off their base of drinkers, otherwise they would have remained in the top 3.

Mrs O likes my Dos Equis .

What about @Danke ? As a union employee is he required to buy American beer in his contract ?

Fake beer.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Wait, isn't Bud Light still #1 tho?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I blame spuds.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Natural Light , Busch Light , Miller High Life , Busch and Keystone Light .......

I don't even drink beer but I especially don't drink those.
    They make that Leinenkugel's over in Wisconsin. They probably have that up there where you are ? I saw a 4 lb box of wild caught , cooked , frozen , canadian crab leg clusters at my butcher shop today for about 31.90 , is that a good price ?

All 20 of those are nasty.

With the exception of the Yueungling perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wait, isn't Bud Light still #1 tho?

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-23-2018 at 05:23 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    All 20 of those are nasty.
    Yes , bud lught is still no. 1 , but it looks like Dannnos chart changed quite a bit from 2015 to 2017. Have you tried any Yeungling ?

Bud Lite Lime Straw-Ber-Rita

Obviously, catering to the LGBTQIROIVOAkaslkgvu56Iol and Soy-Boy community.

And begs the question whether it causes low-T, or appeals to sufferers of low-T.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Bud Lite Lime Straw-Ber-Rita

Obviously, catering to the LGBTQIROIVOAkaslkgvu56Iol and Soy-Boy community.

And begs the question whether it causes low-T, or appeals to sufferers of low-T.
    That and this crowd:

Bud Light isn't a bad beer. It serves a purpose in being cheap, low ABV and easy to find.

I remember spending 8 dollars on a 22 oz Devil's Piss IPA one time when the fad was first emerging and did not finish but a cup of it.

You know what was good? Colt 45.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Big Beer trying to maintain market share buy buying up successful craft beers.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...-to-blame.html

Craft beer sales slowing, and big-beer buyouts are to blame

Are big brewers' acquisitons of the little guys messing with the craft community?

The Brewers Association revealed Tuesday that craft beer production is still on the rise — but it’s slowing due to big-beer buyouts of independent breweries.

The organization reports that, in 2016, craft brewers produced 24.6 million barrels of beer, or 1.4 million more than the previous year. However, the craft beer industry also lost out on 1.2 million barrels that would have been considered “craft beer” had their breweries not been acquired by larger corporations prior to the start of the year.

Thanks largely to those buyouts, craft beer production only grew by 6 percent in 2016, which is down from 13 percent in 2015 and 18 percent in 2014, reports Fortune.

MAKERS OF KONA BEER SUED BECAUSE IT'S NOT BREWED IN HAWAII

“As the overall beer market remains static and the large global brewers lose volume, their strategy has been to focus on acquiring craft brewers,” said Bart Watson, chief economist of the Brewers Association.

“This has been a catalyst for slower growth for small and independent brewers and endangered consumer access to certain brands,” added Watson.

Still, Watson is quick to note that the craft beer industry is growing at a faster rate than they’ve shrunk — they added 1.4 million barrels but only lost out on 1.2 million — because smaller breweries are picking up the slack.

In fact, 2016 saw a 16.6 percent increase in the number of total breweries in the U.S., and independent breweries account for around 99 percent of them, the Brewers Association reports.

On the other hand, Fortune suggests that craft beer’s popularity is its own biggest problem: As more and more customers turn to craft beer breweries for their beer, more global beer brands become interested in buying out those smaller breweries.

“Major brewers took notice, and all four of the biggest players that operate in the U.S.— Anheuser-Busch InBev, Molson Coors, Heineken and Constellation Brands — have been on a craft-brew buying-spree,” writes Fortune.

Despite these acquisitions, the Brewers Association estimated that craft beer sales totaled $23.5 billion in 2016, which accounts for 21.9 percent of the total beer market.

But as Watson stated in a media presentation, it’s a “long shot” that craft beer will ever account for 20 percent of the volume market share of beer, which is a what the Brewers Association was once hoping to accomplish before smaller breweries started getting bought out.

"Those breweries are now gaining advantages in the marketplace and displacing independent breweries," said Watson, reports USA Today.

To meet the Brewers Association’s criteria for a craft beer, a brewery must: produce less than 6 million barrels per year; not be more than 25 percent owned or controlled by a non-craft brewer; and brew beer using only "traditional or innovative" ingredients.

I am trying to think if they own a beer better than Modelo which I think they have now . Probably not . So , the best product they have is a Mexican beer ?
    Modelo is imported but Anheiser Bush has their US distribution rights.

They make that Leinenkugel's over in Wisconsin. They probably have that up there where you are ? I saw a 4 lb box of wild caught , cooked , frozen , canadian crab leg clusters at my butcher shop today for about 31.90 , is that a good price ?
    Hubby says if you like snow crab it's probably an ok price. We see it here for about $8 a lb so its not much of a bulk discount but he's an independent operator so he's gotta make a bit more than a big chain.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Hubby says if you like snow crab it's probably an ok price. We see it here for about $8 a lb so its not much of a bulk discount but he's an independent operator so he's gotta make a bit more than a big chain.
    If he is delivering it I imagine he has to pad it for that too . Gas is back near 2.70 down here today.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Bud Light isn't a bad beer. It serves a purpose in being cheap, low ABV and easy to find.

I remember spending 8 dollars on a 22 oz Devil's Piss IPA one time when the fad was first emerging and did not finish but a cup of it.

The absolute best beer of my youth was Stroh's.

Hamm's on tap was pretty good at my local tavern until they caved in to the Anheuser cabal.

When we were in a financial jam, Carling's Black Label was only $3.99 a CASE. Returnable bottle deposit was $5.00!

The absolute best beer of my youth was Stroh's.

Hamm's on tap was pretty good at my local tavern until they caved in to the Anheuser cabal.

When we were in a financial jam, Carling's Black Label was only $3.99 a CASE. Returnable bottle deposit was $5.00!
    I drank a lot of Strohs when I was younger . It did not cost more than the cheaper beer and it was better . Americas Only Fire Brewed Beer , I think is what it said on the label .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-23-2018 at 06:45 PM.

I remember going to a bar out in the sticks near Aberdeen Maryland in the summer of '87 a few nights a week and getting two pitchers of Strohs and a pound of peel & eat shrimp for 12 bucks . That was dinner .

I drank a lot of Strohs when I was young .
    And it didn't hurt you either, did it?

Good stuff.

Do you know if the Pabst version of Stroh's is any good?

I can't get it around here.

And it didn't hurt you either, did it?

Good stuff.

Do you know if the Pabst version of Stroh's is any good?

I can't get it around here.
    I have not tried it but it should be the same . I guess in Detroit here in the past couple years they have a Bohemian Pilsner Strohs too that is supposed to be the 1800's recipe but I have not tried it .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-23-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

Colt 45 was my road trip beer leaving work early on a sunny spring day , Indianapolis to Louisville to go fishing at the Falls of The Ohio back in the early 80's . It was dirt cheap if you bought it cold in quarts. So we would all pool our change for a box of quarts and bait .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast