Thread: Trump swipes at Greta: President tells Davos he rejects environmental 'prophets of doom'

Trump swipes at Greta: President tells Davos he rejects environmental 'prophets of doom'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is OK. Trump says we are #1 not just in the world, but the entire universe!

Greta is nothing more than an actor reading off a script. Take it away from her and you see how truly clueless she is.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Aw, that big bad president picking on a little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Kick up, don't kick down... Is what I have learned.
    "I am a bird"

A little girl with a huge backing from Mr. Soros.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ree-initiative

Trump announces the US will join 1 trillion tree initiative

President Trump on Tuesday announced the United States will join the One Trillion Trees Initiative launched at the World Economic Forum as world leaders seek to combat climate change.

Trump made the announcement during an address to global business leaders gathered for the annual event in Davos, Switzerland.

"We're committed to conserving he majesty of God’s creation and the natural beauty of our world," Trump said, adding that the U.S. "will continue to show strong leadership in restoring, growing and better managing our trees and our forests.

The announcement that the U.S. will join the initiative drew some of the most sustained applause of any portion of Trump's 30-minute speech, which focused mostly on his administration's accomplishments and the strength of the U.S. economy. That economic message contrasted with other world leaders who used the forum to highlight issues like climate change and global collaboration.

Climate change was a central issue leading up to this week's World Economic Forum. The One Trillion Trees Initiative followed remarks by an ecologist last year that planting 1.2 trillion trees could neutralize carbon dioxide emissions.

Trump has been asked repeatedly at gatherings with foreign leaders about his views on climate change and the environment. He declared Tuesday that he's "a very big believer in the environment" and earlier this month told reporters he does not believe climate change is a hoax, as he once claimed.

But environmentalists have been alarmed his administration's policies, including rolling back regulations meant to curb air and water pollution and withdrawing the U.S. from the Paris climate agreement.

Trump is right . Prophets of environment doom should not be paid attention to . Maybe some of the forum leftists can step in and tell us how bad it will be .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think trees is a good idea. I am sure there are other ways to remove co2 from the air. Nuclear power using thorium and possibly fusion power could provide ways of pumping the water from the ocean and desalination and possibly even removing carbon from the o2. Treat the problem instead of pretending you can force countries to go back into the stone age.

As a propaganda tool, that is why she is so useful.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think trees is a good idea. I am sure there are other ways to remove co2 from the air. Nuclear power using thorium and possibly fusion power could provide ways of pumping the water from the ocean and desalination and possibly even removing carbon from the o2. Treat the problem instead of pretending you can force countries to go back into the stone age.
    Higher co2 leads to increased vegetation growth. Warmer weather also increases the length of the growing season. It will be a lot easier to figure out how to relocate a bunch of people from their beach homes than fix starvation due to overpopulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Higher co2 leads to increased vegetation growth. Warmer weather also increases the length of the growing season. It will be a lot easier to figure out how to relocate a bunch of people from their beach homes than fix starvation due to overpopulation.
    I guess we could implement some sort of artificial kidneys to process salt water and genetically modify plants to grow with salt water. Eventually we will run out of fresh water in a lot of places though.

I guess we could implement some sort of artificial kidneys to process salt water and genetically modify plants to grow with salt water. Eventually we will run out of fresh water in a lot of places though.
    Higher temperatures will result in more evaporation from the ocean, we won't run out of fresh water.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Besides what SS said, there is this thing called:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Higher temperatures will result in more evaporation from the ocean, we won't run out of fresh water.
    Once places pump too much out of the ground the ground sinks. The rains from evaporation doesn't necessarily go on land either. Places are already running out of water. Cities don't manage the water and even when the federal government pays for the city to manage their water they spend it on other stuff.

Once places pump too much out of the ground the ground sinks. The rains from evaporation doesn't necessarily go on land either. Places are already running out of water. Cities don't manage the water and even when the federal government pays for the city to manage their water they spend it on other stuff.
    Water tables can rise and do.

There are problems with over concentration of population in various places but they are not a matter of "climate change".
    As you mention, they are often government problems.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-21-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Besides what SS said, there is this thing called:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
    Thats what i was saying but that takes lots of energy. I prefer nuclear in this scenario but solar could work. Pumping water long distances uses energy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Water table can rise and do.

There are problems with over concentration of population in various places but they are not a matter of "climate change".
    As you mention, they are often government problems.
    Well we should cut more federal government than. As it is now we are paying enough money for them to do this and they are wasting it. We are supposedly paying the government for access to clean water and they are selling it to corporations for pennies on the dollar and we are buying it for dollars on the pennies from corporations.

they already developed rice that can grow in salt water. and since mangroves can process salt water, I don't think its a stretch either. GMO might not even be necessary.

I prefer the Prophets of Rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ad4MH7fMLs

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.