Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Dishwashers Great Again

Making Dishwashers Great Again

In my think-tank work in Washington, D.C., I witness the ongoing, heroic battles of Trump appointees trying to tame the weeds of the thoroughly entangled bureaucracy. So much time and so much work is required to make even the smallest progress in rolling back the behemoth.
    Right now, for example, the rule solving the dishwasher crisis is opening for comment. Back in the 1970s and 80s dishwashers were an efficient product, cleaning the vestiges of last night’s dinner party off dishes and silverware in under an hour. Then regulations began, demanding less water be used, then less and less. The regulation specifically included a clause saying no later administration could roll it back.
    As the water allowance shrinks, the dishes take longer and longer — two to three hours on average today. This great modern convenience has turned into a nuisance. The Trump people were committed to solve this problem, but how?

Here is the solution they came up with to try and outmaneuver the strictures of Bizarro World. First they ascertained that there were none of the old, fast washers in stock at any of the American manufacturers. Since there weren’t, they could now be reinvented. So the rule, now being moved through the comment process, says as follows: a new category will be recognized, under the heading “Fast Dishwashers,” defined as machines capable of completing a washing cycle in under 60 minutes.
    The new category of “Fast Dishwashers” will not be subject to the restrictions extant on the plain vanilla category of “Dishwashers,” thus allowing them to use sufficient water to complete the load in an hour or less. After years of retreat from our inventions, we can now behave normally again — but only if we follow an abnormal yellow brick road that was paved back in the day when we thought Oz was really a Wizard and Sam was really an Uncle.

More at: https://spectator.org/making-dishwashers-great-again/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It wasn't the 1970's when dishwashers became inefficient...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    It wasn't the 1970's when dishwashers became inefficient...

When my dishwasher starts acting up, I find a belt usually fixes it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Most of the time a good lube job will fix a squeaky agitator...

A belt with lubrications?

Now you piqued @Suzanimal 's interest.
    Last edited by Danke; 09-06-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

My dishwasher is already great.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Do what we do: Wash dishes in the sink. Hardly any regulations.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

But your dishwasher can vote, be careful.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Washing dishes will soon be outlawed in Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    But your dishwasher can vote, be careful.
    That can be fixed with duct tape.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Washing dishes will soon be outlawed in Ca.
    It's a relic of the white patriarchy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's a relic of the white patriarchy.
    Yes it is, and where racism got it's first foothold, that and personal hygiene.

Yes it is, and where racism got it's first foothold, that and personal hygiene.
    Baths and showers must be banned to save the whales.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That can be fixed with duct tape.
    Avoid Ace Hdwe brand, it gets gooey and tends to fall off.

Which reminds me;

Officer pulls man over on hwy;

Officer; Sir did you lose a passenger about two miles back ?

Driver; Oh my God officer, yes, that was my wife, thank goodness, I thought I was going deaf......

Baths and showers must be banned to save the whales.
    But first they will make us wash our dishes in the 'gray water' from our showers, then we flush our toilets
    with what's left, and of course they'll want us to filter that water and use it as drinking water ,
    before drinking water can be fully banned.

But first they will make us wash our dishes in the 'gray water' from our showers, then we flush our toilets
    with what's left, and of course they'll want us to filter that water and use it as drinking water ,
    before drinking water can be fully banned.
    It's already happening. They are pissing on their dishes with rumoured as "sterile urine" in Frisco to clean them.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    It's already happening. They are pissing on their dishes with rumoured as "sterile urine" in Frisco to clean them.
    So trendy....,,,

So trendy....,,,
    Citiots...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Plenty of regulations.

Fedgov fatwas decree how much water can pass through your faucet, how big your hot water heater can be, how hot it can make the water, it's mode of operation, how much pressure in the line is allowed, drain size, make and material...all this and more are under federal fatwa.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Bash him all you want, on this, Trump is trying at least.

It's about time somebody pushed back against the regulatory ayatollahs.

The noise coming out of my dish washer usually subsides after the trash is taken out. That is, until she finds something else to carry on about.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Donald Trump has revisited his vendetta against energy-saving lightbulbs, ascribing them the blame for his orange hue while extending the focus of his ire to include showers, dishwashers and toilets in a wide-ranging rally speech in Milwaukee.
    Despite claiming an aide had warned against mentioning lightbulbs ahead of his address, Mr Trump complained “the new lightbulb costs you five times as much and it makes you look orange”.
    The president appeared to win his battle with energy-efficient lightbulbs in September, to environmentalists’ dismay, when he rolled back Obama-era legislation decreeing a transition towards their use.
    But his fight against ill-performing household appliances continued.
    “I’m also approving new dishwashers that give you more water, so you can actually wash and rinse your dishes without having to do it 10 times – four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10,” he said, likely attacking Department of Energy regulations.
    “Sinks, toilets and showers, you don’t get any water. They put restrictors on and now they made them permanent.
    “You go into the shower – and I have this beautiful head of hair, I need a lot of water – and you turn on the water [and] drip, drip, drip. I call the guy, ‘something wrong with this?’ ‘No, sir, it’s just the restrictor’. So you’re in there five times longer than you’re supposed to be, you use probably more water and it’s a very unpleasant experience. We’re getting rid of the restrictors, you’re going to have full shower flow, full sink.”
    While also joking about running for president again in 10 years, he conceded the talk of appliances probably wouldn’t make it into a state of the union speech.
    “I’ll leave it out because I want to get praise,” he said. “You cannot make a brilliant speech, where they say ‘that was such an incredible, elegant speech’, where I’m talking about dishwashers, sinks, toilets, lightbulbs.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-renews-...113230094.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you lived in CA there are now.

Donald Trump has revisited his vendetta against energy-saving lightbulbs, ascribing them the blame for his orange hue while extending the focus of his ire to include showers, dishwashers and toilets in a wide-ranging rally speech in Milwaukee.
    Despite claiming an aide had warned against mentioning lightbulbs ahead of his address, Mr Trump complained “the new lightbulb costs you five times as much and it makes you look orange”.
    The president appeared to win his battle with energy-efficient lightbulbs in September, to environmentalists’ dismay, when he rolled back Obama-era legislation decreeing a transition towards their use.
    But his fight against ill-performing household appliances continued.
    “I’m also approving new dishwashers that give you more water, so you can actually wash and rinse your dishes without having to do it 10 times – four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10,” he said, likely attacking Department of Energy regulations.
    “Sinks, toilets and showers, you don’t get any water. They put restrictors on and now they made them permanent.
    “You go into the shower – and I have this beautiful head of hair, I need a lot of water – and you turn on the water [and] drip, drip, drip. I call the guy, ‘something wrong with this?’ ‘No, sir, it’s just the restrictor’. So you’re in there five times longer than you’re supposed to be, you use probably more water and it’s a very unpleasant experience. We’re getting rid of the restrictors, you’re going to have full shower flow, full sink.”
    While also joking about running for president again in 10 years, he conceded the talk of appliances probably wouldn’t make it into a state of the union speech.
    “I’ll leave it out because I want to get praise,” he said. “You cannot make a brilliant speech, where they say ‘that was such an incredible, elegant speech’, where I’m talking about dishwashers, sinks, toilets, lightbulbs.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-renews-...113230094.html
    I heard him in the other room about that...good.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Had a really fat dude rent from me in a newer house with tank water restricted flush. I told him to flush while he took his big dumps. Had two plumber calls (expensive) to unclog his big dumps.
    Last edited by Danke; 01-16-2020 at 03:59 AM. Reason: tyro
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    So woke...

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Had a really fat due rent from me in a newer house with tank water restricted flush. I told him to flush while he took his big dumps. Had two plumber calls (expensive) to unclog his big dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Plenty of regulations.

Fedgov fatwas decree how much water can pass through your faucet, how big your hot water heater can be, how hot it can make the water, it's mode of operation, how much pressure in the line is allowed, drain size, make and material...all this and more are under federal fatwa.
    Good thing you can be more energy efficient by going with a tankless hot water system which has the added benefit of as much hot water as you could ever want.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Good thing you can be more energy efficient by going with a tankless hot water system which has the added benefit of as much hot water as you could ever want.
    I have a well. Not nearly enough water pressure to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Already got one, it's incorporated into the oil burner for the HWBB heating.

That's not the point, of course.

What right does some faceless bureaucrat have to write fatwas that dictate how much of my water or my fuel or my electricty I may use in my home as I see fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast