Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trump Picking Pence As Running Mate

Quote Originally Posted by andy2044 View Post
    Part of me thinks he's going to change his mind on the VEEP now because of this attack and go the national security route and pick someone like Flynn.

Or this gives him time to back out of Pence (who his campaign people like) versus Newt (who his kids like) and others
    My guess has been Newt- but we shall see........
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is too much of a Chris Christie hugger, Giuliani is on his fantasy presidential team too. He's connected to these globalists no other way he would get so much preferential treatment in the media. The solid money is on Chris Christie, I don't even doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy2044 View Post
    Part of me thinks he's going to change his mind on the VEEP now because of this attack and go the national security route and pick someone like Flynn.

Or this gives him time to back out of Pence (who his campaign people like) versus Newt (who his kids like) and others
    We will know for sure about Pence tomorrow, if he files to run for reelection, it won't be him.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    We will know for sure about Pence tomorrow, if he files to run for reelection, it won't be him.
    Would Pence accept a cabinet position? That could also be a reason not to file for re-election. Or he might not file because he will likely lose re-election.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...e-pence/211531
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I've never -neg repped anyone either.
    Last one I got from you was on 4-29-16. LOL.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Last one I got from you was on 4-29-16. LOL.
    Not true- I have never neg repped anyone- not my thing.
    There is no spoon.

CNN says it's a done deal -
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/politi...ential-choice/
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

better than Christie, but Newt would have been far better. Pence too establishment, and if anything goes wrong would give Trump no protection from impeachment. When Nixon picked Ford to replace Agnew his fate was sealed. Chaney protected Bush 43

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Who is doing the lying about what people said? You accused CPUd of lying here:

Emphasis added.

Nobody said Trump would quit. So how is you accusing CPUd of lying on the basis of 'Trump never said he would quit' anything but a lie in itself?
    You are splitting hairs. Trump never said he would or could quit. Period. Yet, the claim has been made on here several times that he did.

You may be ferocious enough, but you are not correct. How long are you going to keep thumping this tub? Are you capable of admitting you were wrong?

Trump NEVER SAID he could or would quit. Interesting that you are still trying to further this lie.

This. Plus all manner of passive-aggressive behaviors which are leading to infractions being passed out like candy. Three cheers for the neocon duopoly; looks like they're finding a way to divide the populace against itself again.

I can't claim to still be amazed at how rank-and-file Republicans get themselves played, over and over, again and again. I got used to that. What I can't seem to get used to is how proud they seem to be of getting played. Again and again.
    I know the Republicans suck. Do you know the Libertarians do too?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    I mean he is boring. Few Americans know him, and the media will have no interest covering him. Trump realizes that he has an advantage over Hillary in nearly every facet of the race. Voters like his policies better, they like him better, and all he has to do to win this thing is not screw up by doing or saying something crazy over the next few months. Conversely, Hillary's only hope is that Trump and his team DO commit some blunder and she is able to successfully demagogue it.

Christie or Newt are high profile guys with huge egos that might well give Hillary that crazy or controversial sound bite she's looking for. Flynn is a straight shooter with no political experience and you could easily see him making a huge mistake too. Pence is boring, experienced politician unlikely to say anything off script. And he's so uninteresting to the public and press that in the odd event he did say something interesting, there's a good chance nobody would be around to cover it anyway.

It is the 4th Quarter, Trump has the lead, and now he's just trying to run out the clock. Pence is the perfect pick for that. Objectionable to no one, boring, disciplined, and sure to be forgotten by next week and play little to no role in the campaign.
    He's objectionable to me. He's a neocon. Kristol's anointed one. He's not as bad as Johnson's pick, Bill Weld, but sheesh. This ain't good. So, no celebration going on here if he does in fact turn out to be Trump's VP pick.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Not true- I have never neg repped anyone- not my thing.
    -rep
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    -rep

I've GOTTEN a few of those.

LOL
    There is no spoon.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 12:20 PM.

//

Quote me where he says he will quit. Retarded questions being posed to him does humor me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The Supreme Court is another issue that I see no other way around it than voting for Trump. I pulled the quote below from another thread and he makes a good point. How do you anti-Trumpers reconcile opposing Trump so vehemently that you are so willing to give Hillary the power to nominate Supreme Court justices?
    If you live in 40 of 50 states, it doesn't matter who you vote for between Trump and Clinton. Choosing a palatable 3rd party and getting big numbers (double digits) to vote for them is the ONLY vote people will notice in non swing states.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    If you live in 40 of 50 states, it doesn't matter who you vote for between Trump and Clinton. Choosing a palatable 3rd party and getting big numbers (double digits) to vote for them is the ONLY vote people will notice in non swing states.
    That's the fact.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Quote me where he says he will quit. Retarded questions being posed to him does humor me.
    It's been answered several times.

CPUd
    This guy could even be POTUS on Day 2. Trump has said he could resign if he got elected and didn't feel like doing the job. Otherwise, he would be VPINO:

Trump Adviser: Trump Will Outsource Being President to His VP

torchbearer
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us...dent.html?_r=0

Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out

Ender
    The Times cites a recent interview with the presumptive GOP nominee in which a scenario was posed to him about declining the presidency right after defeating Hillary Clinton. Trump, the report says, "flashed a mischievous smile," then says, "I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens."

The story goes on to say that this could've been simply another of the real estate mogul's bids to gain media attention, though notes that the idea that Trump's competitive desire to win the highest office in the land might surpass his interest in actually serving in it wouldn't exactly be wildly inconsistent with how some might look at this most unusual of campaigns.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...lege/86807474/

cajuncocoa
    It IS true, dammit. Stop badgering people.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/08...president.html

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf..._as_presi.html
    And the specific word was "could", not "would".

Here is the link CPUd referred to where Trump's advisor states that Trump will "outsource the President's job to his VP":

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...o_day_job.html
    Last edited by Ender; 07-15-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    There is no spoon.

This guy could even be POTUS on Day 2. Trump has said he could resign if he got elected and didn't feel like doing the job. Otherwise, he would be VPINO:

Trump Adviser: Trump Will Outsource Being President to His VP
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    That's not what CPUd said, so why should I be expected to find such a quote? Reading comprehension is your friend.
    Pray tell me what does this quote mean then ? Does it not contain words Trump said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

It's been answered several times.

And the specific word was "could", not "would".
    So then you lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    So then you lied.
    Nooooo....... CPUd specifically said: COULD.

I merely showed the links that support that.
    There is no spoon.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 12:21 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Lol he picked this neocon ?? How can people keep defending him???
    I am not defending this...but did Ronald Reagan really want George H. W. Bush?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Reagan was a charismatic puppet.
    There is no spoon.

Regardless, we got Bush as a president eventually. And his son. And 9/11 and the Department of Homeland Security and the surveillance state and the Iraq War and Afghanistan and Al Qaeda and ISIS and Bataclan and Nice. Could Pres. Clinton be much worse?

One or two more terrorist acts on Western soil in the next 3 months and Trump/Pence is our president regardless. It's funny how this pattern always plays out.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

In the beginning of his campaign I believe he believed he could make a difference. When he was elected (by a landslide), in his first 100 days he was making a difference. Then John Hinkley took a shot at him. Just sayin'
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Getting shot 3 months into your term tends to dim one's enthusiasm. Reagan was a huge disappointment but it wasn't as clearcut as you think.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

In the beginning of his campaign I believe he believed he could make a difference. When he was elected (by a landslide), in his first 100 days he was making a difference. Then John Hinkley took a shot at him. Just sayin'
    Nancy knew. Nancy hated the Bushes.

http://www.infowars.com/why-nancy-re...e-bush-family/

Wayne Madsen Reports was told by a longtime national security aide to then-President Ronald Reagan that First Lady Nancy Reagan told White House staff that “I never want to see the Bushes again.”

The comment came after Bush family friend John Hinckley attempted to assassinate Reagan on March 30, 1981, some seven weeks after the presidential inauguration. Mrs. Reagan apparently was convinced that Vice President George H W Bush and Second Lady Barbara Bush were somehow connected to the assassination attempt.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic