Thread: 2018 US Senate - TX

2018 US Senate - TX

I know its much too early to think about. am i going to have to vote for ted cruz or is a libertarian going to run?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess look for republican primary challengers, but in my mind this race is pretty safe for Ted Cruz at this point..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Kind of funny that the serial killer meme never surfaced much (at all?) here at RPF...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

i just watched the video of cruz on jimmy kimmel and he actually seemed like a pretty likeable guy

Cruz has begun to work to defeat liberty candidates in Texas primaries. He has gone full Neocon and must be challenged and opposed. No matter how futile it may seem to go up against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Cruz has begun to work to defeat liberty candidates in Texas primaries. He has gone full Neocon and must be challenged and opposed. No matter how futile it may seem to go up against him.
    who is running against him?

Surely there is someone who can run against him in the primary. Are there no Republicans in Texas who aren't from a JFK-killing family?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    who is running against him?
    Nobody yet. the election is 2 years away. Most candidates announce 6-10 months or so before the primary.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It's not going to be a libertarian. It's going to be some establishment scab, worse than Cruz.

Maybe some democrats can register and crossover. They have to wait another 20 years to even compete in Texas.

Here's the pitch.

Ted Cruz does not any bills passed.
    We need new important laws & Cruz can't work relationships in congress.
    Cruz is as bad as nativist Trump.
    He called the Leader a liar.

One thing you can thank Trump for, is that little low energy prick G P Bush is probably toast moving to bigger office.

This has been played out already with Cruzer Steve King vs an ethanol lobby guy:

Iowa's 4th District:

Anti-immigrant obstructionist Steve King vs Sensible Consensus Building Iowa-values Rick Bertrand"
    http://iowainformer.com/politics/201...rtrand-debate/

• King boasts of Obamacare repeal bills, taking down ACORN

• King supports Bertrand’s defamation lawsuit against a previous political opponent

Later, the candidates discussed how much they liked each other. Bertrand said he didn’t personally find King unlikable. King argued that “likability,” like the word “fair,” was a very “ambiguous” term.

• Both candidates make it clear they’re opposed to abortion
    • King fondly recalls the Mexican wall prop he showed off on the House floor

• Bertrand struck a slightly softer note than King on immigration, saying it was time to do the “Christian thing” by abandoning rhetoric and helping undocumented immigrants with certain things like workforce visas, but not offering them a path to citizenship.
    • Bertrand trusts Donald Trump on terrorism

• Debate moderator dances around use of the word “torture” as King and Bertrand take hardline stances on national security
    • King takes heat for never having chaired the House Ag Committee
    • “He’s no longer the speaker of the House, so if that opportunity arises again, my chances of being the chairman of the ag committee get significantly greater.”
    • Bertrand piled on: “People say this to me in the cattleyards, they say this to me at the ethanol plants, why is a junior member from Texas [chairing] that committee?”
    • Bertrand jokes about the controversial tweet King sent out before the Iowa caucuses
    • Earlier, Bertrand was asked about how his endorsement of then-Texas Gov. Rick Perry — like Cruz, an RFS foe — for president in 2012 was any different from King’s support this cycle for Cruz.Bertrand said that Perry had simply asked to host an event at his business in Sioux City to discuss the military, and Bertrand obliged: “He left, I shook his hand, I never saw him again.”

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...map/house/iowa
    Republican

100% Reporting

Winner S. King (i) 64.7%
    R. Bertrand 35.3%

Republican

100% Reporting

Winner S. King (i) 64.7%
    R. Bertrand 35.3%
    Last edited by RandallFan; 06-19-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

i'll take cruz over an establishment guy if that's true

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I guess look for republican primary challengers, but in my mind this race is pretty safe for Ted Cruz at this point..
    Yep - the LP will give a nomination to someone if possible, but it is Cruz's race to win as long as he runs.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    I know its much too early to think about. am i going to have to vote for ted cruz or is a libertarian going to run?
    My guess is yes . I doubt anyone would waste any FRN's running against him.

would y'all vote for him?