Thread: Tribute to UFC President Dana White (BLM and more..)

Tribute to UFC President Dana White (BLM and more..)

Last night Dana White gave a press conference that was just phenomenal, it's 30 minutes long but I highly recommend watching the whole thing.

Sometimes you see somebody in a certain job or position and you just can't imagine anybody else on the entire planet being able to do it better. This is Dana White of the UFC, imo.

Dana was fielding a lot of tough questions from reporters. A few high profile fighters have either announced retirement or are threatening to retire over money. In a time when the UFC can't even hold events with a live audience. In a time where no other sports are able to broadcast or have live events.

Dana gives us some inside baseball on the reason why other sports are having a difficult time getting going. The answer is money. Other sports are trying to re-negotiate contracts with players because they can't afford to pay them if they aren't going to be getting any ticket revenue and the players are balking.

The UFC has not re-negotiated any contracts and has continued to pay its employees full salaries - but some of the fighters are now deciding they want to ask for a bigger piece of the pie.

The UFC has had countless government agencies and sports organizations try and stop them from putting on their fights, and they have worked tirelessly to put on their events. The logistics involved in getting a location for an event, getting the fighters to the event, having protocols and testing in place for COVID-19 to keep the fighters and staff safe, etc, etc, has been mindblogglingly difficult.

He handles all the questions spectacularly.

But if you watching nothing of this press conference, at least watch the question at the 27:50 mark from the SJW about whether UFC would be making a statement on the BLM protests.

I don't think anybody could have reacted to and answered her more perfectly. The UFC has fighters who are very pro-BLM and have been vocal about it. Then you have fighters like Jon Jones (black fighter) who is the light heavyweight champ actually went out and took spray paint cans from Antifa, got a team together to go out and protect his community from looters and put together a team to help clean up small businesses. Another fighter had his family's business destroyed by looters.

In this environment, you can't praise the protests without insulting the people who are being hurt by the rioting and looting, and you can't say what needs to be said without being attacked by the other side, by taking statements out of context, etc..

Dana reacts perfectly in this situation..

Last edited by dannno; 06-07-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Watching it now. When he sold the UFC a few years back I was worried about the direction it would take and how it would be run. Sometimes the new owners in a business are smart enough to keep what works. This is one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Watching it now. When he sold the UFC a few years back I was worried about the direction it would take and how it would be run. Sometimes the new owners in a business are smart enough to keep what works. This is one of those times.
    I think Dana White/UFC had handled the thing with Floyd pretty well no potical woke statements expect maybe a fighter did kneel last night but dispute that the UFC did a lot better by not supporting SJW statements etc.

Thanks, this was a nice watch. Mr. White is extremely impressive, I was unaware of the recent success. I was never into UFC, but I am now.