View Poll Results: In a hypothetical general election, which party would you vote?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Libertarian - Johnson, McAfee or Peterson. TBD

21 65.63%
  • Republican - Trump

4 12.50%
  • Democrat - Hillary

1 3.13%
  • Other

6 18.75%

Thread: Hypothetical general election poll

Question Hypothetical general election poll

If Hillary gets the nomination and so does Trump, which party would you vote?

If other please post who or what.
    Last edited by afwjam; 04-15-2016 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where's the poll? And it needs more options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Can you not see the poll?

Libertarian, easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Can you not see the poll?
    Now I do.

still needs more options
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

If Darrell Castle gets the CP endorsement tomorrow, he'll be my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignMN View Post
    If Darrell Castle gets the CP endorsement tomorrow, he'll be my guy.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LP, easy choice

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Voted "Other", I'm probably going to abstain from voting in the presidential election unless the CP puts forth someone worth supporting.

Frank Luntz approves this message. Enjoy 8 years of Hillary Clinton, suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I'm going to take Ron Paul's advice and not waste my vote. I'll just let it roll over to the next election where there might be a candidate worth more than warm piss that I can cast my accumulated votes for.
    Yeah, I'm hanging onto my hypothetical vote for now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Frank Luntz approves this message. Enjoy 8 years of Hillary Clinton, suckers.
    Clinton sucks but she doesn't swallow.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Obviously I mistimed this poll and should have waited till today to add a Constitution party option with Darrel Castle, with that option and an abstaining option, I think it pretty well would have covered most of the forum. Interesting that Trump has only gotten two votes so far, based on the amount of Trump discussion on the forum you would think there was more support. The Trump support and posting does seem to increase during the weekdays rather then weekends, so I expect more Trump votes Monday morning when people start work. Thank you to those that chose to participate in this poll and those that will.

Johnson/Peterson/McAfee is a pretty unfair lumping. Peterson is a real Libertarian. McAfee is almost a libertarian with a lot of weird baggage. Johnson is nothing but an open borders Republican with a fondness for weed. Given the range of options from good to absolutely horrible within the "Libertarian" category, the replacing the Libertarian choice with the Constitution Party would make sense at least until we find out who is going to be the actual LP nominee.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NOBT!

And +Rep for not having an option for "Not voting".
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'll likely vote for the Libertarian Party candidate, whoever it is. Certainly won't be voting for Hillary or Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    And +Rep for not having an option for "Not voting".
    LOL
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

This poll is encouraging, especially since one of the 4 people saying they'd vote for Trump is TheTexan. But in reality there are more than those. It looks like a lot of the Trump supporters are abstaining out of shame.

Unless I'm part of the Electoral College, my opinion doesn't matter. Not that I'm against the Electoral College. Actually, how do I become a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    How about a box of Franzia.

At least a glass of wine or something will be in the equation for me on election night. I'm not wasting the gas on this Circus this year.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Unless I'm part of the Electoral College, my opinion doesn't matter. Not that I'm against the Electoral College. Actually, how do I become a member?
    Depends on your state. We had some people in 2012 up for Elector in a state or 2.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    This poll is encouraging, especially since one of the 4 people saying they'd vote for Trump is TheTexan. But in reality there are more than those. It looks like a lot of the Trump supporters are abstaining out of shame.
    Or the people that you think are Trump supporters actually aren't supporting him, but rather making remarks on how a Trump presidency would differ from one of the other useless clowns running.

Still not sure, but definitely neither Clinton nor Trump.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I'm going to take Ron Paul's advice and not waste my vote. I'll just let it roll over to the next election where there might be a candidate worth more than warm piss that I can cast my accumulated votes for.
    Accumulated voting would be kinda cool. If one were allowed to save political "capital", so to speak, then there could be some interesting consequences. If I choose not to vote for "any of the above" on a ballot then I could keep "one in the pocket" for the next election. So if in the next election there was someone that I liked my vote would be counted as two votes. This proposition would make for an interesting system.

If Peterson wins the nomination, he has my vote.
    Stop believing stupid things

I'd consider not voting, if I could vote twice in the next election.