Thread: Breaking: Rand Paul will vote against Trump's pick for attorney general

Breaking: Rand Paul will vote against Trump's pick for attorney general

Collins was wrong if this is true!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...o-barr-1164436

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like he has found his spine again!

Too bad he didnt have it during the Pompeo and Kavanaugh nominations though.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Looks like he has found his spine again!

Too bad he didnt have it during the Pompeo and Kavanaugh nominations though.
    Don't worry Matt. You weren't alone about your concerns. 80% of us thought he would vote for Barr.

To stop the nomination, Rand needs to be joined by four more Republicans and all the Democrats. Nobody else seeming to join him.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Not even Ted Cruz or Mike Lee?

They were anti-police state if I'm not mistaken and not foreign lobbies firsters.
    Cruz really went downhill. Lee is up there with Rand most of the time, but slightly less liberty-oriented.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

The biggest problem is that the NRA is ignoring the situation completely because they support the anti-gun measures Barr supports.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Cruz really went downhill. Lee is up there with Rand most of the time, but slightly less liberty-oriented.
    Lee is liberty oriented, and he is a good guy. But he is weak politically speaking. I think a lot of that has to do with his caucus system back home... he really doesn't want to stick his neck out or take a risk because he probably feels he could easily be tossed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This really bothers me actually. It's a show vote to make his people feel better. Doesn't change anything. When he is empowered to cast a decisive negative vote, he won't do it. I think if his vote decided the outcome of the nomination, he'd be a vote to confirm. Rand is playing politics up there. I guess it's working if he really has Trump's ear on foreign policy and maybe that's worth it. Idk. Smdh.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    This really bothers me actually. It's a show vote to make his people feel better. Doesn't change anything. When he is empowered to cast a decisive negative vote, he won't do it. I think if his vote decided the outcome of the nomination, he'd be a vote to confirm. Rand is playing politics up there. I guess it's working if he really has Trump's ear on foreign policy and maybe that's worth it. Idk. Smdh.
    You've been here 12 years and this is your first post? lol Talk about making multiple accounts ahead of time in case you get booted. Kudos!

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Tonight, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) released the following statement after voting against cloture on the nomination of William Barr to become the next U.S. Attorney General:

“I am unable to support Bill Barr’s nomination to be the next Attorney General. While I support President Trump and have supported most of his nominees, I have too many concerns about the record and views of this nominee. Bill Barr was a leading proponent of warrantless surveillance, and his overall record on the Fourth Amendment is troubling to me. I remain concerned that Bill Barr does not agree with our bipartisan efforts to reform our criminal justice system. Finally, Bill Barr has a troubling record on the Second Amendment. For these reasons, I voted today against his nomination for Attorney General.”
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-...arr-nomination

Sadly I think this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    You've been here 12 years and this is your first post? lol Talk about making multiple accounts ahead of time in case you get booted. Kudos!
    Oh really? I had thought I said something at one point. I just didn't have anything to say until now. I'm like those kids whose first words are "please pass the salt" when they're 9. When asked why they didn't talk before it's because "everything was fine until then"

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Not even a question, Collins is always wrong.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Not even Ted Cruz or Mike Lee?

They were anti-police state if I'm not mistaken and not foreign lobbies firsters.
    I think you're mistaken.

loveshiscountry

Oh really? I had thought I said something at one point. I just didn't have anything to say until now. I'm like those kids whose first words are "please pass the salt" when they're 9. When asked why they didn't talk before it's because "everything was fine until then"
    Why it all makes sense now. (thats sarcasm btw)
    Whomever you heard that from, don't copy them anymore. It sounds like something someone says that climbs down from the mountains twice a year.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whomever you heard that from, don't copy them anymore. It sounds like something someone says that climbs down from the mountains twice a year.
    Look at you two. You just met, and already it's like you're old friends.

I think it's Steven Pinker, but I don't have the book anymore and can't really check.

loveshiscountry

I think it's Steven Pinker, but I don't have the book anymore and can't really check.
    You attribute a quote to someone you can't really remember, from a book you don't have and you're too lazy to research.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Look at you two. You just met, and already it's like you're old friends.
    Pattern confirmed.

SuperEro, you're turning over a new leaf. Congrats. I don't know what happened to brighten your life, but keep on this path you're on for sure.

To joy and success!

Your friend,

H_H

You attribute a quote to someone you can't really remember, from a book you don't have and you're too lazy to research.
    I did not attribute a quote. But basically, yeah. I did make some token research efforts.