Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Oldman self-identifies libertarian, thinks political correctness is crap

He also said he was a libertarian and he put down many of his amazing performances as not good enough.

The jewish remark was a side comment about keeping quiet in Hollywood, as it is dangerous. Now that it is taken out of context, let's hope it doesn't ruin his career.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people.
    This has to be an underhanded dig at the ADL. It's so over-the-top and stupid, but just self-gratifying enough to get past their collective egos.

Also, isn't Oldman an atheist?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Ah, zhe Jews. Listen to zhem. Such sveet music zhey make."

-Gary Oldman, Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Last edited by Philhelm; 06-25-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Oldman says Hollywood is ‘run by Jews,’ then offers over-the-top apology

Philip Weiss on June 25, 2014

Gary Oldman

This reads like French farce. Gary Oldman gave an interview to Playboy in which he said that Mel Gibson was the victim of political correctness, because Jews “run” Hollywood– that story was reported yesterday– and as day follows night, today the British actor has reportedly offered an apology to the Anti Defamation League that praises Jews as the “chosen people,” who are persecuted throughout the ages, who are first to hear the word of god, and…

First, the Telegraph reports on the Playboy interview:
    Oldman said: “Mel Gibson is in a town that’s run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because he’s actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him – and doesn’t need to feed him anymore because he’s got enough dough.
    “He’s like an outcast, a leper, you know?
    ”But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasn’t turned and said, “That f***ing kraut” or “F*** those Germans,” whatever it is? We all hide and try to be so politically correct. That’s what gets me.’

Here is Oldman’s reported letter to the ADL:
    Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:
    I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print—I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler’s superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.
    I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people.
    I would like to sign off with “Shalom Aleichem”—but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace–Gary Oldman.

Full article here:
    http://mondoweiss.net/2014/06/hollyw...s-apology.html

Unrelated

Hollywood fights back against anti-Israeli sentiment

Left, right or center, there's two things nearly everybody in Hollywood agrees on: There's no disease that can't be cured by raising enough money and the state of Israel deserves unabashed support.

The signatories do read like a who's who of Hollywood's elite with a cast that runs from the executive suites to the sound stages and cuts across generations. Among those who signed on are Jerry Seinfeld, Seth Rogen, Robert Duvall, Halle Berry, Sacha Baron Cohen, Lisa Kudrow, Lenny Kravitz, Ed Zwick, Jason Alexander, Chazz Palminteri and David Cronenberg, as well as A-list producers and executives Ron Meyer, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Sherry Lansing, Neal Moritz, Jonathan Glickman, Nina Jacobson, Darren Star, Nathan Kahane and Gail Berman.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/sep...ent/et-cause19

He is still apologizing according to CNN, WaPo, WSJ. Did not know this story was such a big deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpttfdbe9s

Gary Oldman: Still apologizing, this time on Kimmel

CNN-1 hour ago
    (CNN) -- Gary Oldman is doubling down on his apology for his recent Playboy interview. The British actor appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!

'I'm An A-Hole': Watch Gary Oldman Apologize On Jimmy Kimmel
    LAist-2 hours ago
    Gary Oldman showed how far 'anti-PC brigade' sentiment has come
    Opinion-The Guardian-45 minutes ago
    Gary Oldman continues his apology tour — but does he mean it?
    In-Depth-Washington Post-Jun 26, 2014
    Gary Oldman Says He's 'Profoundly Sorry' for Playboy Comments
    Blog-Wall Street Journal (blog)-18 hours ago

Related

Oldman labels himself an ‘A-hole’ for saying Jews run Hollywood

Obama Treks to LA for Hollywood-Heavy Fundraisers - Variety
    Nov 25, 2013 - Both events will be to raise money for the House Senate Victory Fund, a joint committee to raise money for Democratic House and Senate ...

What's up Gillespie's butt? He sounds like a HuffPo editor.

I wonder if Jackie Mason is going to have to apologize?

In a pre-recorded segment, Klein in Israel asks the 83-year-old entertainer from his home in New York to comment on "Hollywood geniuses" like Selena Gomez, Penelope Cruz and Rihanna, who have criticized Israel for its response to Hamas in an ongoing conflict in Gaza.

"They come from these kinds of anti-Semitic, low-class backgrounds where a Jew is the most disgusting thing in the world to them," Mason answers, according to audio obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. "The ironic thing is that it's Jewish people who own these Hollywood studios … And they all hire these people and they depend on them for a living. Every penny they made is made from Jews and they hate every Jew just by nature."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-israel-722625

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I wonder if Jackie Mason is going to have to apologize?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-israel-722625
    Y'know, these Zionists wish people cared enough about them to hate them as much as he imagines. Barely anybody cares or even knows a goddamned thing about them..

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Y'know, these Zionists wish people cared enough about them to hate them as much as he imagines. Barely anybody cares or even knows a goddamned thing about them..
    They seem to both own and not own Hollywood. Depending on their critic. I have a feeling that an ex-Rabbi will get a pass. Kinda like that black persons thingy where they can call each other "n-i-g-g-e-r-s" But no one else can.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    They seem to both own and not own Hollywood. Depending on their critic. I have a feeling that an ex-Rabbi will get a pass. Kinda like that black persons thingy where they can call each other "n-i-g-g-e-r-s" But no one else can.
    It's the same thing. Tiresome to anyone with a semi-functioning brain, like me.

Yeah, I'm bragging about my semi-functioning brain.

Drexl knows exactly where your white ass is comin' from.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Political Correctness is nothing more than Self Censorship.

Sure, there are appropriate times to watch ones mouth, but Im not gonna kiss every $#@!ers ass that gets offended by every little possible thing. There are no mandatory requirements making anyone listen to what anyone else has to say. Then you get words like Retard. Application of the word Retard and other possible interpretations always seem to hurt someones feelings. For me, Retard means Willful Ignorance. If a person is not able to comprehend something due to a physical or mental handicap, that word Retard is NOT directed at them, but they are the group that is getting all butt-hurt every time someone calls someone else a Retard. I'll self censor a little bit, but Im certainly not going to ever stop saying the word Retard. Or $#@!er. Or as many totally offensive words that I know.

Good for Gary Oldman. *props*
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

• Brit star Oldman says 'We're all f***ing hypocrites'
    • 'Mel Gibson is in a town that’s run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because he’s actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him'
    • 'But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasn’t turned and said, “That f***ing kraut” or “F**k those Germans,” whatever it is?
    • Oldman makes comments in new July/August Playboy out on Friday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...interview.html

The father-of-three claimed: 'Well, if I called ( Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives) Nancy Pelosi a c*** — and I’ll go one better, a f***ing useless c**— I can’t really say that.

That was a different era. New America-First MAGA regime has a very different stance on Pelosi and anti-semitism.

Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"

Trump administration launches global effort to fight anti-semitism

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’
    February 12, 2019
    WASHINGTON (JTA) — President Donald Trump called on Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., to resign from Congress for what he said was her anti-Semitism.
    “It’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress, or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “What she said is so deep-seated in her heart that her lame apology, and that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate. I think she should resign from Congress.”

Political correctness has always been crap.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12