Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Liberal Invasion of Red State America

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And also lose their privilege to run for office.

I know people in rural areas who say the first thing some of the city liberals do is run for office when they move in. They are parasites, looking for a new, and often naive host. Local areas with small governments have a lot of potential for “growth” of government and petty fiefdoms.
    In most places you have to be qualified to vote in order to run for office.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 02-23-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well Tucker did that piece and 19 Republi an governors are still taking in and want more refugees including my own...

It's an uphill battle it seems. Most people I talk to dont seem concerned about massive amounts of poor english speaking refugees pouring in. I see all these small rural towns being taking over. Culture totally being destroyed and the town recognizes problems but dont do anything about it.

Libertarians arguing against the free movement of people- even within their own country. Interesting.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Libertarians arguing against the free movement of people- even within their own country. Interesting.
    I'm not a big or small 'L' libertarian and my argument is hinged on keeping dissimilar kinds out.

Your "free movement" is fine just don't light, keep movin' because you're not welcome in these hills.

Seems to me the argument is against the movement of a specific ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    Seems to me the argument is against the movement of a specific ideology.
    So freedom of thought should be restricted instead then. Also very Libertarian!

"You can think whatever you like- as long as you agree with me!"

So freedom of thought should be restricted instead then. Again- very Libertarian!
    That strawman ain't never going to be the same. Ideology is the opposite of free thought.

That strawman ain't never going to be the same. Ideology is the opposite of free thought.
    Only one ideology at a time!

Only one ideology at a time!
    No, ideology as an inculcated schematic, or grid, imposed upon human thought is, in general, the opposite of free thought. This is accomplished through the educational apparatus. The people subject to it lose their humanity, per se, and in the cogito sense, and become essentially production models with a few different features. This is disregarding, for a moment, the artificial nature of this inside migration. Thus it is: the people moving would be welcome, their ideology (being contrary to extant local thought) is not.

I note that you haven't answered my question.
    Last edited by bv3; 01-23-2020 at 07:54 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thus it is: the people moving would be welcome, their ideology (being contrary to extant local thought) is not.
    You only want people who have the same ideology you do so you would like to restrict theirs.

I note that you haven't answered my question.
    There was a question?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2020 at 08:22 PM.

You only want people who have the same ideology you do.

There was a question?
    I live in a major metropolitan area, so much for that .

Yes, there was a question. You received a quote notification, saw the question, and ignored it. So I suppose, anyways. Do you believe that an incoming group should have the ability to impress their ideology upon an pre-existing group, by force?

You seem to recognize the governance involves the use of force, and you obviously recognize that ideology is essential in the form of that governance. So it seems to me, little ol' me, that you support coercion by ballot--but embrace libertarian ideas elsewhere.
    Last edited by bv3; 01-23-2020 at 08:27 PM.

There was a question?
    Yes, I had one in another thread that you must have mistakenly overlooked. You seemed to take offense when I said you tend to lean more prochoice. I apologise if I was wrong. Are you more prochoice or prolife?

So freedom of thought should be restricted instead then. Also very Libertarian!

"You can think whatever you like- as long as you agree with me!"
    Zippy is capable of introspection?

Is it permissible that a migrant population to use the ballot to impose laws on an indigenous population?

Is it permissible that a migrant population to use the ballot to impose laws on an indigenous population?
    Better ask the Injuns.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Better ask the Injuns.
    They considered it an act of war.

Thanks for bringing them up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Better ask the Injuns.
    Appeal to tradition. So, by drawing that parallel are you saying the implicit goal of these migrant populations is to bring under subjection the indigenous populations?

It was wrong then and its still wrong.
    Last edited by bv3; 01-24-2020 at 12:17 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Appeal to tradition. So, by drawing that parallel are you saying the implicit goal of these migrant populations is to bring under subjection the indigenous populations?

It was wrong then and its still wrong.
    What indigenous populations are we talking about? 'Murikans ain't indigenous.
    There is no spoon.

I see, so a person born in America is native to _______________.?
    Last edited by bv3; 01-24-2020 at 08:46 PM.

We are now.

If you go back far enough there are no indigenous populations.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How should you deal with it? Maybe freedom of movement should be restricted to protect communities? Build a wall around them and only let certain ones in?
    That's a good idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12