Thread: We Live in a Hopeless World . . .

We Live in a Hopeless World . . .

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...opeless-world/

. . . now that Barry Soetoro, the Kenyan/Indonisian Demo-Communist in the White House, will not be able to issue any more “executive orders” as of January 21. So says Michelle Obama in an interview with Poprah Winfrey. “We now know what having no hope feels like,” she droned. Poprah, whose net worth is in the hundreds of millions, responded by nodding her head in agreement.
    'Now we're feeling what not having hope feels like. Hope is necessary,' she said in her first direct response to the November 9 election result.

In her interview with Oprah, the First Lady said the president needs to be someone 'who can say to you in times of crisis and turmoil: "hey, it's gonna be ok"'.

She said she was assured her husband had achieved his goal of setting a hope-fueled agenda because of the contrasting mood brought by Trump's victory.

'Your husband's administration, everything, the election, was all about hope. Do you think that this administration achieved that?' asked Winfrey.

In a lengthy reply, Mrs Obama said calmly: 'Yes. I do. Because we feel the difference now.

Mrs Obama maintained a firm quietness on Trump's win for weeks

'Now, we're feeling what not having hope feels like. Hope is necessary. It's a necessary concept.

'What else do you have if you don't have hope?'
    [...]
    'What do we do if we don't have hope, Oprah?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Good... I hope all of the Marxists are feeling hopeless. I am quite full of hope that they will be out of power for a long while and that their bad policies are rolled back. Hopefully Trump will reduce government interference in our lives and just let people do business. Let the hope of the Obamas and their followers dry up and blow away.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    the First Lady

So says Michelle Obama in an interview with Poprah Winfrey.
    From one fat pig to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Michelle Obama: Americans will miss 'having a grown-up in the White House'

The first lady spoke with Oprah Winfrey in likely her last interview of the year, and drew a clear contrast between Barack Obama and Donald Trump

America is now a country without hope, Michelle Obama has said.

Asked by Oprah Winfrey if her husband’s administration had lived up to its promise of hope, the first lady said yes, adding: “Because we feel the difference now. Now we’re feeling what not having hope feels like. Hope is necessary.”

She added: “And Barack didn’t talk about hope because he thought it was a nice slogan to get votes. He and I and so many believe ‘what else do you have if you don’t have hope? What do you give your kids if you can’t give them hope?’”

In what is likely to be Obama’s last interview of the year, she suggested that Americans would miss “having a grown-up in the White House”, drawing a clear contrast between her husband and the man who will replace him on 20 January, Donald Trump.

And she compared the nation to a toddler who falls over and looks to their parent to know if they should cry or not.

“I feel that Barack has been that for the nation in ways that people will come to appreciate,” she said. “Having a grown-up in the White House who can say to you in times of crisis and turmoil ‘hey it’s going to be OK, let’s remember the good things that we have, let’s look at the future, let’s look at all the things that we’re building’.”

On Thursday, the first lady played that role herself to a group of students, many of them young black women, who had gathered at the White House for a screening of the film Hidden Figures, which documents the role of black female mathematicians in the space race.

“Look at this eight years,” she said. “We were supposed to be hidden. People didn’t even want to believe we were real. But here we are, eight years later.

“But it’s up to all of you, our young people, to continue that legacy. It’s your turn now. All right?” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...w-donald-trump
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul