Thread: Cop Shoots Through Own Windshield, in a School Zone, with No Hands on Steering Wheel

Cop Shoots Through Own Windshield, in a School Zone, with No Hands on Steering Wheel

For those who thought they had seen it all...

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why was this madman trying to murder people?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Any idea why the chase?

I remember a thread not long ago where most everyone thought it justified to shoot to kill a person that tried to steal your car.

Obviously there must be justifiable reasons to use deadly force.

Is the answer if a cop shoots someone it is wrong but if a citizen shoots to kill they are a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post

Is the answer if a cop shoots someone it is wrong but if a citizen shoots to kill they are a hero?
    Is it acceptable to Fire a weapon on a crowed street ? Without aiming..(because that stupid fool was just blasting in a general direction.. and fortunately hitting nothing of consequence with most of his bullets.)

And for clarification..
    NO,, this is not acceptable.
    That Raging Lunatic needs to be locked in a cage for everyone's safety.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-17-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Any idea why the chase?

I remember a thread not long ago where most everyone thought it justified to shoot to kill a person that tried to steal your car.

Obviously there must be justifiable reasons to use deadly force.

Ethically, I subscribe to the judicious use of deadly force - considering "ability, opportunity, jeopardy". For the protection of property, while I object to killing someone for stealing something, and could not see myself killing someone for such an act, I can say that rational people dont B&E to steal property. I do think someone is within their right to shoot someone for B&E type burglary. Also, criminals are usually social and are like roaches - where there is one, there's likely to be more. So in a dark room, it may be safe to assume disparity of force or numbers, in the case of a B&E.

Of course, these topics come up now - the tribune had an article - in the context of home owners killing burglars. A more interesting article would be one that covers police officers killing people for resisting arrest or non-compliance. To me, that does not agree with what I'd wrote above. Police, as human beings, have the same right to self defense as the rest of us - but that is where it ends. No fking way should a firearm used to force compliance.

We'd had a discussion about qualified immunity some time ago - these officers should be held personally accountable, both in criminal and civil court. If the law is equal, the officer should be making the same considerations as everyone else, and be subject to the same legal scrutiny/process.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

They were chasing burglary suspects which began firing at them from the car. The officer returned fire recklessly thru his own windshield, but was able to shoot one of them and and arrest the other. Every bullet downrange needs to be justified, so I don't see how one could make accurate shots on target while minimizing risk to bystanders. The cop simply lucked out that it turned out the way it did.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Any idea why the chase?
    Capt. Yasenia Yatomi says the chain events began with the fatal shooting of a Hispanic man at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and ended after police traded gunfire with suspects in a fleeing black Expedition that crashed into a wall at an elementary school about two hours later.
    The high-speed chase shut down traffic in an area covering several blocks of downtown Las Vegas.
    Yatomi says a preliminary investigation indicates two officers fired their weapons.
    He says one suspect was shot and killed after he tried to flee on foot from the accident scene at Hollingsworth Elementary School. The other suspect who was wounded had made it onto the school grounds before he was taken into custody without further incident.
    The initial victim who was shot multiple times later died at University Medical Center.
    No names have been released.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    For those who thought they had seen it all...

Wow, that is incredibly dangerous.

I'm glad the Officer is OK.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    They were chasing burglary suspects which began firing at them from the car. The officer returned fire recklessly thru his own windshield, but was able to shoot one of them and and arrest the other. Every bullet downrange needs to be justified, so I don't see how one could make accurate shots on target while minimizing risk to bystanders. The cop simply lucked out that it turned out the way it did.
    What looks like luck to the untrained eye is actually the result of extensive training and professionalism.

You can tell by his form and technique that he frequently practices shooting-through-windshield drills for just this type of occasion.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The "suspects" also killed a man.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The "suspects" also killed a man.
    Who alleges that??

The same guys trying to justify shooting up a town.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Who alleges that??

The same guys trying to justify shooting up a town.
    '
    Capt. Yasenia Yatomi

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6653382
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    '
    Capt. Yasenia Yatomi
    approves of this Kamikaze action?

OK,,
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The officer returned fire recklessly thru his own windshield, but was able to shoot one of them and and arrest the other.
    I'll stand by self defense any day, but I dont think the officer was effective in his spray/pray windshield tactic.

That SUV was already shot up - I suspect that one of the other squads had already been firing on him. If anything, the most damage was probably sustained when the officer exited his vehicle and did a mag dump on the b-pillar as it rolled into the wall.

I agree with you 100% that the officer in the video was reckless. Qualified immunity incentivizes this behavior.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I'll stand by self defense any day, but I dont think the officer was effective in his spray/pray windshield tactic.

That SUV was already shot up - I suspect that one of the other squads had already been firing on him. If anything, the most damage was probably sustained when the officer exited his vehicle and did a mag dump on the b-pillar as it rolled into the wall.

I agree with you 100% that the officer in the video was reckless. Qualified immunity incentivizes this behavior.
    I'd vote to convict, personally.

The hell is his problem?

Attempted left handed, no hands on the steering wheel, fumbling, shooting through his own windshield idiot giving respectable gun ownership and self defense a bad rep.

If I did that, it wouldn't matter who I was chasing or why.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump