Thread: Sens. Feinstein, Burr, Loeffler and Inhofe Accused of Insider Trading

Sens. Feinstein, Burr, Loeffler and Inhofe Accused of Insider Trading

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/03...-plunge-899304

Sen. Dianne Feinstein is reportedly part of a small group of senators who sold off millions of dollars worth of personal stock days before the market crashed due to the coronavirus crisis.

The California Democrat and three of her Senate colleagues sold major holdings in February just before the stock market plunge, according to U.S. Senate disclosure records.

Feinstein, the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, along with Republican Sens. Richard Burr of North Carolina, Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma, all sold off stock around the same time, though a spokesman said Feinstein wasn’t directly involved in the transactions.

The report about Feinstein, whose home city of San Francisco was just put under a “shelter-in-place” order along with the state of California, emerged as Burr has come under fire for dumping more than $1.6 million from his personal portfolio just ahead of the market crash.

Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, reportedly sold off the stocks in a series of more than 30 transactions according to ProPublica which first reported on the sale, prompting calls for his resignation.

“He dumped his shares in hotel stocks so he wouldn’t lose money, and then he stayed silent,” Fox News host Tucker Carlson said Thursday. “Maybe there is an honest explanation for what he did. If there is, he should share it with us immediately. Otherwise, he must resign from the Senate and face prosecution for insider trading.”

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    It's a big club, and you ain't in it.
    H/T O.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-20-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should 'insider trading' be a crime? It is actually a useful market signal.

Though I would dearly love for Burr to be prosecuted or hounded out of the Senate. My principles don't run too deeply on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

Though I would dearly love for Burr to be prosecuted or hounded out of the Senate. My principles don't run too deeply on this.
    Should politicians be allowed to get their trades in before they pass bills which have a direct effect on stock prices?

What will become of us if we don't say no to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Should politicians be allowed to get their trades in before they pass bills which have a direct effect on stock prices?

What will become of us if we don't say no to that?
    Congress people have been doing it for years... it's very hard to prove and they have usually got away with it. This time it might be different because of the pandemic,

I see it as a non-violent crime that is selectively used by prosecutors.

To use some as an example ? I am ok with it if they use Feinstein . Otherwise , I could care less . Anyone should have been dumping stock when the Dow got to 29 K .
    Do something Danke

Should 'insider trading' be a crime?
    It is certainly Morally contemptible.. and Dishonest Business.

I suppose it depends on what you view as crime.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It is a flagrant violation of the public trust. Any government personnel that engage in such activity should be stripped of all authority, and proscribed from running for office for the rest of their lives.

They should be recused from being part of any hearing or council and from voting (or must abstain their vote) on any social-political-economy matters in which they hold a financial interest in that is greater than say $100 in value; else be subject to an official recall by their constituents.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not really news. Every politician does this.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Not really news. Every politician does this.
    But not all get caught red handed in a crisis of their own making.

The spin might be interesting.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    But not all get caught red handed in a crisis of their own making.

The spin might be interesting.
    It will get buried in the daily doom and gloom reports.

Six months later in a tiny article, we will see they got a slap on the wrist

Insider trading should not be a crime for the plebs but should definitely be for elected officials.

I think an argument can be made that since they are being paid so much to be good NOT corrupt, they don't need to be investing into any businesses either (ban on investments and any profiting while in office). Thats the hand-off if you're truly attempting to "serve" the public, its truly serving and nothing else. More of the good will rise to the top, its like volunteer work, you're there because of passion not riches.
    Last edited by eleganz; 03-21-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Congresscritters should be doubly prosecuted for violating the laws they pass.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Congresscritters should be doubly prosecuted for violating the laws they pass.

If Democrats can call for Feinstein to be jailed, the least we can do is call for neocon Inhofe to be jailed with her.

They use bipartisanship to jail us. Why can't we use bipartisanship to jail them?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-21-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If Democrats can call for Feinstein to be jailed, the least we can do is call for neocon Inhofe to be jailed with her.

They use bipartisanship to jail us. Why can't we use bipartisanship to jail them?
    Sounds reasonable.
    "I am a bird"