Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austin Petersen to run for U.S. Senate in Missouri?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Like Dave Brat running in a Primary against Eric Cantor?
    No because Dave Brat did everything right and Cantor did everything wrong which caused Brat to get lucky. AP doesn't have a clue how to win an election. Not to mention a statewide election is a very different ballgame than a district election.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No because Dave Brat did everything right and Cantor did everything wrong which caused Brat to get lucky. AP doesn't have a clue how to win an election. Not to mention a statewide election is a very different ballgame than a district election.
    Oh piss off you blowhard. AP would be WORTHY of our support. Your selfish, ego-driven, 'my way or the highway' horse$#@! is getting tiresome. This forum needs to support AP just like we did Rand in 2010. This is the FIRST time I have felt the desire to actually spend my time and money on a campaign that could make a real difference in a long god damned time. AP actually inspires and walks the walk.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Bryan ? Can we discuss adding this to the site so we can support him? He's literally Rand Paul 2.0

Edit: Ok he's not Rand 2.0, but he's pretty damn close and I like him
    Last edited by jllundqu; 06-29-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Oh piss off you blowhard. AP would be WORTHY of our support. Your selfish, ego-driven, 'my way or the highway' horse$#@! is getting tiresome. This forum needs to support AP just like we did Rand in 2010. This is the FIRST time I have felt the desire to actually spend my time and money on a campaign that could make a real difference in a long god damned time. AP actually inspires and walks the walk.
    You obviously have no idea how to get someone elected. Because if you did you wouldn't even remotely be considering supporting AP.

If you want to support a liberty candidate for Senate, try Eric Brakey in Maine. He is in the best position to win. I am still not going to hold my breath, but he does have a lot more going for him than AP, who literally has nothing going for him.

Why don't you take some classes and learn what it takes to win an election so that you can become educated on the subject?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You obviously have no idea how to get someone elected. Because if you did you wouldn't even remotely be considering supporting AP.

If you want to support a liberty candidate for Senate, try Eric Brakey in Maine. He is in the best position to win. I am still not going to hold my breath, but he does have a lot more going for him than AP, who literally has nothing going for him.

Why don't you take some classes and learn what it takes to win an election so that you can become educated on the subject?
    Why don't you take your 'holier than thou art' self and go play in traffic.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Thumbs down

Fail.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...the stinking republicans deserve the ted cruz-loving petersen...and his stinking 'penny plan,' capping federal spending at 18% of gdp, his insults directed at marijuana users, his OBVIOUS IGNORANCE of our monetary order [typical ludwigger] etc..

...petersen, boob barf, wayne allen root, etc., are great examples of stinking conservative republicans infesting the LP...ugh...

Well he's running as a Republican. He's already torpedoed his own campaign in Missouri as far as I'm concerned.

As I’ve said elsewhere, my vision for America is one where gay married couples can defend their marijuana fields with fully automatic machine guns. Technological and social changes notwithstanding, this is ultimately the kind of world that the Founding Fathers envisioned — where all lives matter from conception to death, and where all people are given the opportunity to make the most of their inherent liberties as rational human beings.

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/ed...159554424.html

Not to be a Collinz but this is not how you win a conservative seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Well he's running as a Republican. He's already torpedoed his own campaign in Missouri as far as I'm concerned.

Not to be a Collinz but this is not how you win a conservative seat.
    Looks like he wants to force us all to accept two left shoes as a pair of shoes, despite our rights to perceive reality as it is. So no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Looks like he wants to force us all to accept two left shoes as a pair of shoes, despite our rights to perceive reality as it is. So no.
    And he seems to think the founding fathers did too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Yea, start small. Effect change at the lowest levels first and foremost.
    Through that, you can grow a reputation and then head onto the big pond. This may be a big waste of time, resources, and money.
    ^^^^THIS ^^^^

He should demonstrate that he is competent as dogcatcher or city council member before he attempts to insure McCaskill's victory.

Austin Petersen at least has a campaign strategy. The early fundraising numbers and donor numbers are on par to double his entire Presidential run. Running as a Republican opens the possibility of 50% plus voting for him versus less than 10%. The heavy hitters are not running at this juncture. So, let us all move past his growing pains running in his inaugural campaign and give him a chance.

Austin Petersen US Senate campaign is about organizing. After all, he did listen to Rand Paul's original campaign manager in 2010 yesterday. Got to be willing to travel everywhere in Missouri, meet voters face to face, set up phone banks, canvass door to door, robo calls, and all that is needed for a modern grassroots statewide campaign.

Why I’m running as a Republican for U.S. Senate
    By Austin Petersen

Since President Donald Trump’s unexpected victory last November and Republicans’ triumphant return to congressional majority, Washington has returned to business as usual. After running on repeated promises of minimizing government and ending federal micromanagement of American lives, Republicans have shown themselves unable to pass any substantive reforms.

Missourians deserve better than this. They deserve a government that faithfully represents them, not one that favors lobbyists and special interests. They deserve a government that pushes for real reform, not one that accepts milquetoast, watered-down solutions. Above all, they deserve a government that trusts them to manage their own health care, their own religion, their own finances and their own lives.

This is why I’m running to represent Missouri in the United States Senate. I want to give Missourians — and indeed all Americans — the kind of government that is worthy of them. Although I ran for president in 2016 as a Libertarian, I intend to make this run for the Senate as a Republican. I have made this change in large part because after personally reaching out to over 4,000 of my supporters, more than 98 percent of them said that the party of Lincoln was the best fit for my pro-life, pro-liberty, pro-Constitution stands — and more importantly, the best way to bring change to Washington.

I bring a great deal of experience to the table, both inside and outside of the political arena. Outside the political arena, I created and currently run my own business — an online magazine dedicated to promoting the ideas of liberty — and I know too well just how hard the government makes it for ordinary citizens to do this. Inside the political arena, I’ve worked as a producer with one of the nation’s foremost experts on the Constitution, Judge Andrew Napolitano. I’ve helped manage grassroots campaigns and campaigns for public office. And in 2016, I ran for the highest office in our nation, fearlessly challenging establishment opponents for the Libertarian Party’s nomination.

Because of this experience, I offer a kind of commitment and clarity that few other politicians do. I make no bones about expressing my disagreement and fighting for my beliefs. I have critiqued both previous and current administrations, and I refused to endorse the Libertarian Party’s vice presidential candidate, Bill Weld, in 2016, despite massive pressure from party donors.

In a time when both social and mainstream media obscure the truth and obfuscate the facts, our state needs a voice that is unafraid of controversy and unafraid of being honest. What’s right isn’t always what’s popular, and what’s popular isn’t always what’s right. I am ready and willing to be that voice.

Ultimately, I’m running because I have a passion for liberty. Although I’ve spent a good deal of time analyzing the establishment elites in Washington and New York, at the end of the day, I’m a homegrown Missourian, a proud graduate of Missouri State and a longtime resident of Kansas City. I was born in Independence, and I grew up on a horse farm in Peculiar, a short drive from a town called Liberty.

I deeply believe in our core Missouri values of hard work, freedom and individualism. There is no worse insult than to tell people that they’re incapable of caring for themselves, bettering themselves and making their own decisions.

As I’ve said elsewhere, my vision for America is one where gay married couples can defend their marijuana fields with fully automatic machine guns. Technological and social changes notwithstanding, this is ultimately the kind of world that the Founding Fathers envisioned — where all lives matter from conception to death, and where all people are given the opportunity to make the most of their inherent liberties as rational human beings.

If I am elected, I will strive to put Washington in its rightful place — as the protector of our most basic liberties, not our political policeman — and put the people in their rightful place — as the true governors and shapers of their lives and destiny.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ...the stinking republicans deserve the ted cruz-loving petersen...and his stinking 'penny plan,' capping federal spending at 18% of gdp, his insults directed at marijuana users, his OBVIOUS IGNORANCE of our monetary order [typical ludwigger] etc..

...petersen, boob barf, wayne allen root, etc., are great examples of stinking conservative republicans infesting the LP...ugh...
    Yeah, liberal libertarians like Gary Johnson are so much better.

I'm a fan of Peterson. He's certainly a much stronger libertarian than Gary "bake my damn cake" Johnson. As others have said though, perhaps he would have a better chance to get elected to a political office if he started out lower.

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    Austin Petersen US Senate campaign is about organizing. After all, he did listen to Rand Paul's original campaign manager in 2010 yesterday. Got to be willing to travel everywhere in Missouri, meet voters face to face, set up phone banks, canvass door to door, robo calls, and all that is needed for a modern grassroots statewide campaign.
    None of that really matters if you don't have a narrative or some sort of claim to fame prior to running for office

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    None of that really matters if you don't have a narrative or some sort of claim to fame prior to running for office
    So, if Peterson did "everything right", he wouldn't need a prior claim to fame.

It's a long shot, but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Petersen seems half decent from his speeches, but the last thing we need is more narcissistic career politicians and I'm afraid he falls in that camp. Go get a job and prove yourself as a successful leader in the private sector before running for office. Otherwise you just seem like another leech.

If anyone disagrees please tell me what his qualifications are.
    Last edited by brandon; 07-08-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfLiberty View Post
    They should start small like Rand Paul. Oh wait Rand Paul became a senator with no political experience.
    Political experience makes me want to vote against people. I want to vote for people that have proven themselves in the private sector. What has this dude ever accomplished in his life other than having a pretty face and reciting the talking points you agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post

What are you talking about? He wants to end the Fed.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

I follow him on twitter and he says he has 6 days to decide whether or not to run for Senate in 2018..... man he would be a definite PLUS. Can you imagine him in there with Rand and Lee kicking ass??

Can we get some support for him on this site??
    Not from me. An actual liberty candidate is running in that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So, if Peterson did "everything right", he wouldn't need a prior claim to fame.

It's a long shot, but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet...
    He could "get lucky" but that is like playing the lottery. Not to mention that I guarantee you that Mitch is not going to let the NRSC sit silently and just allow another Rand/Cruz/Lee ally to get elected. They are actively recruiting, or already have a candidate who has a good narrative and who can raise millions of dollars. Now this of course assumes that McCaskill is vulnerable, she may not be. And if that's the case then the NRSC isn't going to lift a finger, with the possible exception being that they will want to keep the GOP nominee from embarrassing the GOP so they may play in the primary even if they know the incumbent isn't going to lose.

But campaign school 101 is that you have to be well known for doing something prior to running. Especially if you are running for a large seat. There are very rare exceptions (Bentvolio, Brat, etc) but that is not the situation here.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Petersen seems half decent from his speeches, but the last thing we need is more narcissistic career politicians and I'm afraid he falls in that camp. Go get a job and prove yourself as a successful leader in the private sector before running for office. Otherwise you just seem like another leech.

If anyone disagrees please tell me what his qualifications are.
    Yeah and that is the downside. I mean I would vote for him, but yeah his ego is massive. He has no credibility or name recognition or narrative and the question becomes "why should I know who this guy is?" to the average Republican primary voter.

Again, he should be running for smaller office and build up some history or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Not from me. An actual liberty candidate is running in that race.
    Who?
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Who?
    He's probably talking about Paul Curtman, a state lawmaker from Missouri.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...ign=user-share

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    He's probably talking about Paul Curtman, a state lawmaker from Missouri.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...ign=user-share
    Yes! Paul Curtman is an ACTUAL Ron Pauler. Peterson probably stuck his thumb in to stop actual liberty from succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Yes! Paul Curtman is an ACTUAL Ron Pauler. Peterson probably stuck his thumb in to stop actual liberty from succeeding.
    Thanks.

Btw, there seems to be some sort of back story with Petersen. Tons of people here hate him and I don't know why. What did he do?
    Amash>Trump

Thanks.

Btw, there seems to be some sort of back story with Petersen. Tons of people here hate him and I don't know why. What did he do?
    Hated on Ron Paul, hates the NAP, embarasses the entire liberty movement any time he opens his pie-hole.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast