Thread: Dropping Leaflets over NK reported by NK to b from US bombers

Dropping Leaflets over NK reported by NK to b from US bombers

I can't read Korean so let me know if this is false from what this says:

http://beforeitsnews.com/war-and-con...k-2446026.html

South Korean officials are telling the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) that B-2 stealth bombers are currently dropping leaflets over the city of Pyongyang warning its citizens of an impending attack. At the time of this posting, the U.S. government or its military has not made a statement regarding this late breaking story.

34-year-old Paul Horner who is in Donggang, China on business told CNN that it is possible to see the leaflets being dropped over Pyongyang. “I went up to the roof of my hotel where they have a telescope that allows you to view different parts of North Korea. Right now there are literally thousands of packages being dumped everywhere in Pyongyang. I can’t see the planes, but these packages have parachutes attached to them and then when they get close to the ground they open up or something because suddenly there is just paper everywhere. It’s actually quite an amazing site to see.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Source? (you forgot the link...)

From a practical standpoint: Why use a billion dollar airplane (B-2) for such a trivial activity? And why use two flags and such a retro style paper?

I'll call BS on this. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

I always wondered how our government set forth their propaganda without media control...

If it is true, I doubt the U.S. has anything to do with it. North Korea would more than likely do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post

From a practical standpoint: Why use a billion dollar airplane (B-2) for such a trivial activity? And why use two flags and such a retro style paper?
    A group of defectors in South Korea used baloons to send propoganda leaflets northward recently (February).
    http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226579453299

NORTH Korean defectors in the South have launched 200,000 anti-Pyongyang leaflets across the tense inter-Korean border.
    The defectors used gas-filled balloons to float the leaflets along with $US1 notes across the western border town of Imjingak on Saturday, the birthday of the North's late leader Kim Jong-Il.

The balloons were inscribed with slogans such as "Stop provocative acts with missiles and nuclear tests", "North Koreans rise up" and "The Kim dynasty will soon collapse".

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz2Q672SbT0
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    If it is true, I doubt the U.S. has anything to do with it. North Korea would more than likely do something like this.
    I was thinking it was entirely possible it was NK propoganda. Obama moved the missile test to not alarm NK, I can't see dropping pamphlets. It was 'Before It's News' which usually traces to a real report, but North Korea media itself is a weak link, obviously.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    A group of defectors in South Korea used baloons to send propoganda leaflets northward.
    http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226579453299
    Ah.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The flier does look old too. The alleged translation:
    http://superofficialnews.com/u-s-ste...ing-of-attack/
    ATTENTION NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE. EVACUATE PYONGYANG NOW!
    Read this carefully as it may save your life or the life of a relative or friend. In the next few days, the city of Pyongyang and its surrounding military bases will be destroyed. Unfortunately, bombs have no eyes. So, in accordance with America’s humanitarian policies, the United States Air Force, which does not wish to injure innocent people, now gives you warning to evacuate Pyongyang and save your life.

Your military leaders have refused to quite their threats of a nuclear war against South Korea. Kim Jung-Un has been warned multiple times to end his rhetoric of nonsense and pull back his military forces but refuses. The actions of this insane, immature, reckless, evil dictator will no longer be accepted by the U.S. and the rest of the world. This aggression will not stand, man.

The American people and the rest of the world truly feel for you innocent people who are being held against your will. Hopefully by destroying Kim Jung-Un and most of the military your country can start fresh. This attack will give your people the ability to rise up and claim your country as your own. You will no longer have to fear the prison camps and being tortured for speaking out against your ruthless leaders. You will never have to listen to the propaganda and lies that your government tells you on a daily basis. You will be free to own your own business and make your own money. You will be free to disrespect your leaders if you do not agree with them without fear of being tortured and your family imprisoned. You will no longer be shut off from the rest of the world. Unfortunately though, all of this is up to you. America and it’s allies will be sending NO ground forces to North Korea. The only attacks will be bombs dropped from overhead, just like this leaflet that has come into your possession. America is not fighting the North Korean people but is fighting the military clique which has enslaved your people. Hopefully after this is over, a new, better and free North Korea will emerge. You can restore peace by demanding new and good leaders. It is your country. This is your time to rise up and take what is yours. Every one in the world wishes you nothing but the best.
    EVACUATE PYONGYANG NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ah.
    Not saying these were the fliers they sent- only that they could have used this method if they wanted to spread fliers instead of a super expensive bomber. That article was from February. They did a similar thing last year too.

This thing sounds like NK propoganda.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-10-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ah.
    Except that group is south korea individuals. They can't flew planes like b2s...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not saying these were the fliers they sent- only that they could have used this method if they wanted to spread fliers instead of a super expensive bomber. That article was from February. They did a similar thing last year too.

This thing sounds like NK propoganda.
    Oh, I thought that was a current report. I guess I'll have to change the heading again

Sorry about that- after reading my post I see how you would assume it.

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post

This is far less trivial than flying in circles.

All a waste of money though.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

http://www.psywarrior.com/leafbomb.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborn...let_propaganda

After World War II

Even though leaflet propaganda has been an effective “weapon”, its use has been on a decline. This decline is a result of the advance of satellite, television, and radio technology. Six billion leaflets were dropped in Western Europe alone during World War II. One billion were used during the Korean War while only thirty one million have been used in the war against Iraq. Other conflicts where leaflet propaganda has been used are Vietnam, Afghanistan (both during the Soviet and more recent NATO invasions), and the Gulf War. Leaflets encouraging Iraqi troops not to fight were dropped during the first Gulf War, which contributed to eighty thousand Iraqi troops surrendering in 1991.[citation needed]

Advantages of leafleting

The printed words on the leaflets were more authoritative before the advances in technology.
    One leaflet has the potential to reach many civilians.
    Leaflets can be hidden and easily destroyed in case of emergency.

Disadvantages

Due to illiteracy not all civilians are capable of reading the leaflets.
    In order to have accurate delivery, aircraft need to fly at low altitudes and low speeds making them easy targets for the enemy.
    Leaflets can be destroyed or altered by the enemy.
    Messages must cater to the cultural norm of society.
    Weather conditions can alter the message being delivered to civilians.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...tions/m129.htm

M129E1/E2 Psychological Operations Leaflet Bomb

A Leaflet Bomb is a device used for dropping large quantities of propaganda leaflets from high flying aircraft, to insure their reaching their targets with a minimum of drift caused by air currents. The M129 is dropped from fixed wing aircraft including B-52s, F-16s, F-18s and A-6s. The Air Force has been using the 200-lb. M129 leaflet bomb for many years, but the canisters are aging and the inventory is being rapidly depleted.

The M129 dispenser is 7.5 long and 16 inches in diameter. Its empty weight is about 52 kilograms (115 pounds) and when loaded with leaflets, approximately 100 kilograms (225 pounds). The cylindrical bomb body has an ogical nose and a tapered aft section with fins. The dispenser consists of two longitudinal sections, held together by four latches on each side. The nose fuse well accommodates various airburst mechanical fuses. The fuse ignites a booster and detonates a primacord strip which separates the two body halves, detaches the fins, and allows the leaflet material to scatter.

The M129 is capable of holding approximately 60,000 to 80,000 leaflets. It can carry approximately 30,000 13 x 20-centimeter (51/4 x 8-inch), 16-pound, machine-rolled leaflets. Before the leaflets are placed in the bomb, the detonating cord is placed in the seam between the two halves. When the bomb is released, the fuse functions at a predetermined time, detonating the primer cord separating the two body sections, detaching the fins, and releasing the leaflets. The bombs explode at a lower altitude through the use of a timer allowing the rolled leaflets to be released and scattered.

-t

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    34-year-old Paul Horner who is in Donggang, China on business told CNN that it is possible to see the leaflets being dropped over Pyongyang. “I went up to the roof of my hotel where they have a telescope that allows you to view different parts of North Korea. Right now there are literally thousands of packages being dumped everywhere in Pyongyang.
    You can't see Pyongyang from anywhere in China,Telescope on rooftop or no.
    It's that old curvature of the earth problem.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    You can't see Pyongyang from anywhere in China,Telescope on rooftop or no.
    It's that old curvature of the earth problem.

Certainly not Pyongyang.

The papers would be of a material that is water-resistant.

U.S. aircraft were dropping pamphlets over Baghdad before the air strikes in Desert Storm and again in 2003. It is interesting that the reported translation is very similar to the ones dropped over Iraq.

LOL beforeitsnews.
    Last edited by CPUd; 04-10-2013 at 05:15 PM.