Thread: RIP Neil Peart

RIP Neil Peart

Neil Peart, Rush Drummer Who Set a New Standard for Rock Virtuosity, Dead at 67
    Hall of Fame drummer succumbs to brain cancer

By Brian Hiatt - January 10, 2020

Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67, according to Elliot Mintz, a family spokesperson. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three-and-a-half years. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.
    More: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ituary-936221/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-10-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    That is a damn shame. Great drummer. Seemed like a good human as well.

Here is one of my favorite lyrics he wrote...

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

RIP
    Do something Danke

A helluva drummer. RIP.

Neil Peart, personal history, drums and some philosophy.

A Work in Progress is Neil Peart's 2-DVD box-set, documenting the "work in progress" of recording Rush's Test for Echo album, as well as an extensive discussion of the fundamental reinvention of Peart's percussion technique by the tutelage of the expert Freddie Gruber. Neil's special approach to drums is featured in various individual songs from Test for Echo. Other topics include a discussion of Neil's DW drumset, his approach to odd times, playing with a vocalist, and a "guided tour" of Neil's warmup routine.

FJB

This ultrasucks.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Missed them at a small venue in NH a few years back.

Always thought I'd have the chance to catch them one last time...I thought wrong.

Lesson learned: Don't procrastinate on $#@! like this.

RIP Neal.

From a better, vanished, time...

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

RIP
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Missed them at a small venue in NH a few years back.

Always thought I'd have the chance to catch them one last time...I thought wrong.
    I made the same miscalculation with Miles Davis. Yeah, he was a bit of an $#@!, but boy could he blow a mean horn.

I had at least 30 opportunities to see him, but being young I was always busy busy busy. I always said I'll catch him next time, until there were no more to catch.

Ginger Baker and Neal Peart in one year... two of the greatest. I dread the day Bruford goes... and Cobham... and Chambers. Of course, Jim Gordon is long gone, another great.

Neil Peart... This is almost as bad as when Lou Reed died.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

“We are only immortal, for a limited time.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgaCVoFTrYM

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I made the same miscalculation with Miles Davis. Yeah, he was a bit of an $#@!, but boy could he blow a mean horn.

I had at least 30 opportunities to see him, but being young I was always busy busy busy. I always said I'll catch him next time, until there were no more to catch.

Ginger Baker and Neal Peart in one year... two of the greatest. I dread the day Bruford goes... and Cobham... and Chambers. Of course, Jim Gordon is long gone, another great.

Neil Peart... This is almost as bad as when Lou Reed died.
    Hate to break it to you, but one of the biggest is next in the infamous “they come in threes”. Eddie doesn’t have long.

RIP

A great musician and human being...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Kurwa :'( R.I.P. Been reeling about this since yesterday. Meanwhilings, the worst people in the world today are commonly septuagenarians and older. WTF? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Great percussionist... RIP

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Every Rush fan wishes they could be at this dinner. So many bands are full of drama. No drama in Rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjbvZJaxcbw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but one of the biggest is next in the infamous “they come in threes”. Eddie doesn’t have long.
    Eddie? Jobson?

PS: Having never seen Rush perform live is one of my musical regrets... and Miles Davis.

Eddie? Jobson?
    Eddie, one of the greatest guitar players of all time! Equal in talent and influence to Neil Peart. Just a guess, but I feel it is imminent.

PS: Having never seen Rush perform live is one of my musical regrets... and Miles Davis.
    Saw them twice. Coincidentally, was hanging out with two of the guys I went to that first show with so many years ago, the day before Peart’s death was announced, and the only thing we could remember was that we were far back on the upper level.

Also saw them on the R30 tour. Spectacular show. Best drum solo of all time. That show is available on DVD.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-13-2020 at 02:28 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.