Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Campaign Manager Charged With Battery of Reporter Michelle Fields

The day Trump killed the fact

By Alexandra Petri March 29 at 6:21 PM

It’s Tuesday, March 29, 2016, and facts are dead.

They had a good run.

It used to be that when people said “Who are you going to believe, me, or your own eyes?,” they were joking. Not the Donald Trump campaign. It remains stubbornly impervious to reality.

“But we have video footage of this happening,” you can say. “Look, here it is!”

“Ah,” the Trump campaign says, bending eight spoons and then vanishing into a telephone, “but what if the whole world exists only as a figment of our minds?”

The Trump campaign has been an ongoing test of how few things people are willing to Google.

On Tuesday, Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski was charged with simple battery for allegedly aggressively grabbing reporter Michelle Fields out of the way in a manner that left visible bruises.

First the Trump campaign denied it. Never mind that reporters were there and said it happened, including The Post’s Ben Terris.

Now there’s video, from the security cameras, where you can see the incident unfold. The Jupiter (Fla.) Police Department felt sufficiently confident after watching footage from Trump’s own security cameras that it charged Lewandowski with simple battery.

But that is not sufficient for Donald Trump.

*shrieks incoherently*

Who do you believe, me or your own eyes?

Scroll through the comments beneath Trump’s tweets and you will see people who can see the actual video footage and still don’t believe it. Or they think this is how you should behave and it’s fine.

Even though just days ago Trump was insisting the whole incident was a fabrication and Lewandowski was saying either that he had never seen or touched Fields or that he’d mistaken her for a member of the hostile mainstream media (depending upon who asked and when). Which is it? Does it matter?

No. What matters is that you never apologize. If you never apologize, you are never wrong.

If George Orwell had known that all that was necessary to get us to question the reality presented to us by our own eyes was to have Trump loudly declare the opposite, he could have saved a lot of money on the Ministry of Truth. You don’t need torture. You don’t need that ominous machine with the dial of pain. Just get Trump in there to tell you how many fingers O’Brien is really holding up, and you will start to doubt everything.

The Red Pill isn’t just a Reddit forum full of Trump supporters any more. It’s something you have to take in order to comprehend the campaign. Maybe everything is subjective! Maybe NOTHING has any objective existence whatsoever! Maybe all facts are lies! Maybe we can bend the fabric of reality so that the same reporter is simultaneously a “delusional” stranger we have never met and never touched and never seen AND actually the one who was really assaulting Trump and also the video is wrong. She’s a human mobius strip! “That makes sense,” she said, as her eyes melted and fire began pouring from her ears.

WE ARE LITERALLY LOOKING AT VIDEO OF THIS HAPPENING.
    ENOUGH VIDEO THAT POLICE DETERMINED HE COULD BE CHARGED
    BUT TRUMP SAYS IT’S NOTHING
    SO
    (shrug)

Perhaps this explains Trump’s philosophy. If you, yourself, are subjectively the ultimate arbiter of reality, then only what you permit to be true is actually true. Everything is made up and nothing matters! Whee! Hang up all the fact-checkers. Shut down all the Truth-o-Meters. We have been going about this wrong. All that you need for something to be true is for Donald Trump to say that it is so. And as soon as he says it is false, it is false again. We are in the position of Kate in the fifth act of “The Taming of the Shrew.” (“Sun it is not, when you say it is not; And the moon changes even as your mind. What you will have it nam’d, even that it is, And so it shall be so, for Katharine.”) Sure. Seems right.

This is fine. Trump says so.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...lled-the-fact/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

video of Trump doing a mock dramatic reading of the Fields statement, vigorously defending Lewandowski at CNN townhall, making Anderson Cooper look awful and getting the audience on his side... he's scarily good at this

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-doe...cnn-town-hall/

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Impromptu Donald Trump Press Conference: Reacts to Scott Walker Endorsement & Assault Charge - FNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b340UaWj_Bw

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I lost all respect for her over this. The Secret Service told her twice to stay back. Instead she moved up and put her hand on Trump. His campaign manager pushed her back from him. All this makes sense. Then she starts this $#@! about being pushed down and it being one of the most horrible things in her life, melodrama. Bull$#@!.

I do think the Trump camp handled it wrong, but this was a non-event that Fields blew all out of proportion. If anything, she should be in hot water for going against the Secret Service's orders.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I lost all respect for her over this. The Secret Service told her twice to stay back. Instead she moved up and put her hand on Trump. His campaign manager pushed her back from him. All this makes sense. Then she starts this $#@! about being pushed down and it being one of the most horrible things in her life, melodrama. Bull$#@!.

I do think the Trump camp handled it wrong
    , but this was a non-event that Fields blew all out of proportion. If anything, she should be in hot water for going against the Secret Service's orders.
    10 seconds, the day it happened, this would be a non issue. Take the high road, get it out of the way so they can deal with real issues. Problem is, Team Trump does not care to deal with real issues, and that's the point. Only trump fans care who got touched, pushed, grabbed etc.

greta van sustern says only reason corey charged is because he is associated with trump...no way a jury would ever convict on this.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...ndowski-video/

Tonight former homicide detective Ted Williams and former prosecutor Katie Phang joined Greta to discuss the case.

Greta and her guests all agreed there is no way they can win this case in court and the only reason Corey was charged was because he is associated with Donald Trump. Greta said,
    “In my wildest dreams I don’t see how a jury ever convicts on this with all the ambiguity. In fact, it looks like two Secret Service who were protecting Donald Trump are reaching for her. I don’t know whether or not that is what is provoking the bruises or not. That’s the problem. Here’s your reasonable doubt right there.”

She must be a hemophiliac.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Attack poodle strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Keep them coming, it is driving the trumpers nuts. They don't like it when they are not controlling the information being posted about trump.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is Trump's definition of "touch":

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Attack poodle strikes again.

It would be sincerely appreciated if the level of discourse in this topic would increase a bit.
    "I am a bird"

Obvious assault, reminds me of the horrors in my past, like when at the theater and the worker put her hand on my back and pointed to the location of the movie I purchased a ticket for. Horrible. I recall black Friday, I was easily assaulted 40 times, people bumped into me without my consent, like I'm an object to be moved at their pleasure. I don't know how I'm still functioning, no person should have to endure all the assualts I've endured, I know what it's like to be a victim of ISIS, there is no way what they do could be worse than what I've endured. Poor Michelle Fields now understands my life. I pray she can recover from this horrible experience, maybe one day powerful white men won't feel they have the right to batter everyone they want. We shall overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Obvious assault, reminds me of the horrors in my past, like when at the theater and the worker put her hand on my back and pointed to the location of the movie I purchased a ticket for. Horrible. I recall black Friday, I was easily assaulted 40 times, people bumped into me without my consent, like I'm an object to be moved at their pleasure. I don't know how I'm still functioning, no person should have to endure all the assualts I've endured, I know what it's like to be a victim of ISIS, there is no way what they do could be worse than what I've endured. Poor Michelle Fields now understands my life. I pray she can recover from this horrible experience, maybe one day powerful white men won't feel they have the right to batter everyone they want. We shall overcome.
    I hope Trump can recover from the assault of a women touching the back of her hand against his suit!!!! The horror. "I am scared of her!!" says no balls trump. Alpha male HA!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

So what was done to her is bad but approaching Trump is good. How do you square that circle?

Trump aside - i don’t see how anyone is unable to see through this BS!

Between 5 and 6 PM last night, CNN was covering the simple battery charge as if it were a story about an in-progress, mass shooting! They were calling it “Breaking News” and couldn’t go more than a few minutes without talking about it. Honestly, I think they were just trying to drum up attention for their stupid candidate town hall special. Michelle Fields is part of the neocon crowd, regardless of what she may have implied in the past. And do you all realize that she has a book coming out?

The audio transcript from the day of the incident (3/10/16) sounds totally contrived. This audio was released before any video came out. Did they assume there would be no video?
    Fields: Holy **** .
    Terris: Yea. He just, like, threw you down.
    Fields: I can’t believe he just did that. That was so hard. Was that Corey?
    Terris: Yeah, like, what threat were you?
    Fields: That’s insane. I’ve never had anyone do that to me from a campaign.

Lewandowski never even looks at her. It’s likely he had no idea what she was referring to when he first heard about the accusation.
    Here’s what WaPo reporter Ben Terris wrote about it:
    …Michelle Fields, a young reporter for Trump-friendly Breitbart News, pressed forward to ask the Republican front-runner a question. I watched as a man with short-cropped hair and a suit grabbed her arm and yanked her out of the way. He was Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s 41-year-old campaign manager.

Fields stumbled. Finger-shaped bruises formed on her arm.

“I’m just a little spooked,” she said, a tear streaming down her face.

“No one has grabbed me like that before.”

She took my arm and squeezed it hard. “I don’t even want to do it as hard as he did,” she said, “because it would hurt.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...74e_story.html

(In other words, "ooohooo...sniff... I-I-I'll be allright...sniff...")
    In a later interview she says she already knew Ben Terris and he was there just to do a story about Lewandowski. He found one.
    (skip to 1:39)
    "Obviously, no one wants to be touched and violated like that"
    "I would just ask him to just put himself in my shoes and imagine if I was his daughter"

(In other words, "ooooh...whine, whimper, moan...I'm just a pathetic wittle girl... Please don't hurt me...)
    (skip to 1:39)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q86pWeEuTU
    It seems clear to me that Michelle Fields is a pathetic little princess using stereotypes of female fragility to attract attention and manipulate people into feeling sorry for her! She’s using this disgusting ploy to affect public opinion because she dislikes Trump. I must admit, I'm mystified that it's doesn't look as obvious to everyone else, as it seems to me.

No, I am NOT a Trump supporter, but this “poor little girl” crap sickens me and is degrading to women in general.
    The worst part is, she's likely to use the same ruse to discredit some candidate we all support, one day.

As far as apologies - I find public "apologies" of this sort, meaningless. It's a pointless game of coercion for the sake of optics - more phoniness. Apologies have value only when they come from someone you know and/or wish to get along with.

If Fields can't bear a minor bruise, she should choose a more dainty career.
    Last edited by Valli6; 03-30-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Attack poodle does what an attack poodle does.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lewandowski Prosecutor is part of Hillary's 'Florida Leadership Council'

There ya go.
    LEWANDOWSKI PROSECUTOR OUTED AS HILLARY SUPPORTER
    Put on Florida Democratic Party's campaign-endorsing council

NEW YORK – The Florida prosecutor who brought battery charges against Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, supports Hillary Clinton’s campaign for president.

An article published by the Palm Beach Post on Nov. 17, 2015, has been circulating since Tuesday evening because it lists Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg as a member 150-member Florida Leadership Council, which was established by the Democratic Party to promote Hillary Clinton’s presidential candidacy. http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/lewandows...lary-supporter
    Clinton’s 150-member Florida team a little thin on Palm Beach County backers
    November 17, 2015
    In case there was any doubt about Hillary Clinton‘s overwhelming Democratic establishment support, her campaign this morning rolled out a 150-member “Florida Leadership Council” that includes most of the state’s big Democratic names... Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg and Tax Collector Anne Gannon are also part of Clinton’s Florida team http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeach...ounty-backers/

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I hope Trump can recover from the assault of a women touching the back of her hand against his suit!!!! The horror. "I am scared of her!!" says no balls trump. Alpha male HA!
    She was wielding a PEN too.

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    She was wielding a PEN too.
    The pen could have been laced with Ebola.

To those men here defending the Trump campaign and Lewandowski. Imagine your wife/daughter/sister/mother was "brushed" in the way that Michelle Fields was and had bruises like hers. Would you accept this behavior? Or would you step in and defend them? Now imagine that the man who "brushed" this loved one then went around town telling everyone that it never happened. Then imagine they were caught in their lie and then changed the story to her having it coming.

What would you do? Better yet, what would you want to do?

Those of you defending this are disgusting cowards. I know what I would be doing.

Never mind the fact that Lewandowski has a pattern with this type of thing.
    Last edited by fcreature; 03-30-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    To those men here defending the Trump campaign and Lewandowski. Imagine your wife/daughter/sister/mother was "brushed" in the way that Michelle Fields was and had bruises like hers. Would you accept this behavior? Or would you step in and defend them? Now imagine that the man who "brushed" this loved one then went around town telling everyone that it never happened. Then imagine they were caught in their lie and then changed the story to her having it coming.

What would you do? What would you want to do?

Those of you defending this are disgusting cowards. I know what I would be doing.

THIS ^^ Couldn't have said it any better.
    "I am a bird"

All those meetings the GOP held devising desperate plans to stop Trump? This is part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post

What would you do? Better yet, what would you want to do?

And add that the paper was so trump biased that they attacked her instead of questioning who was speaking the truth.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The pen could have been laced with Ebola.
    Oh god! Oh god!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    All those meetings the GOP held devising desperate plans to stop Trump? This is part of that.
    I thought you generally based yourself on facts ?
    "I am a bird"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic