Thread: Donald Trump cuts red tape

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Great Deregulation amounts to cutting a few minor regulations, mostly passed in the last 8 years.

It's draining the ocean with a thimble.

That giant stack of paper representing federal regs won't be visibly smaller by the end of the Trump administration (if it's smaller at all).

McCain/Romney/BushIII would have "accomplished" the same.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 12-14-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The Great Deregulation amounts to cutting a few minor regulations, mostly passed in the last 8 years.

It's draining the ocean with a thimble.

That giant stack of paper representing federal regs won't be visibly smaller by the end of the Trump administration (if it's smaller at all).

We shall see.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Even if he is embellishing his removal of regulations, not adding regulations is a huge win.

Trump put a guy in charge of the EPA who Rand wrote op-eds with and who Rand called the best cabinet pick of his lifetime. Pruitt would have been Rand's nominee to key regulatory position. Pruitt's been great so far. https://soundcloud.com/siriusxm-news...aul-wilkow-epa

Trump appointed a guy (the first person to endorse Rand for President) to head up that Elizabeth Warren created agency who is basically 9 out 10 on a libertarian scale.

Ending net neutrality is a big deal. Fair is fair. Trump has been surprisingly good on the regulatory front.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Even if he is embellishing his removal of regulations, not adding regulations is a huge win.

Trump put a guy in charge of the EPA who Rand wrote op-eds with and who Rand called the best cabinet pick of his lifetime. Pruitt would have been Rand's nominee to key regulatory position. Pruitt's been great so far. https://soundcloud.com/siriusxm-news...aul-wilkow-epa

Trump appointed a guy (the first person to endorse Rand for President) to head up that Elizabeth Warren created agency who is basically 9 out 10 on a libertarian scale.

Ending net neutrality is a big deal. Fair is fair. Trump has been surprisingly good on the regulatory front.
    Not for r3v. Trumps not a monarchist. Nothing short of a monarchy would satisfy r3v.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not for r3v. Trumps not a monarchist. Nothing short of a monarchy would satisfy r3v.
    Nothing short of a regulatory reform whose economic impact exceeds the cost of the paper on which the announcement's prinited will satisfy me.

Nothing short of a regulatory reform whose economic impact exceeds the cost of the paper on which the announcement's prinited will satisfy me.
    You're in for a lifetime of disappointment. So, by all means, pull your hair out over even trivial gains.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You're in for a lifetime of disappointment. So, by all means, pull your hair out over even trivial gains.
    My expectations are low enough that disappointment is virtually impossible.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My expectations are low enough that disappointment is virtually impossible.
    I don't know. You looked pretty disappointed last year:

Last edited by RJB; 12-14-2017 at 07:06 PM.

The catch is that even removing a regulation requires a regulation removing the previous one which adds to the total number of them.

Trump is touting the Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions. According to data from them, Trump has 3,209 regulations "in play" or proposed for 2017. Some have been acted on, some haven't. They compare that to Obama in 2016 when he had 3,320 regulations "in play". Not that different.

https://cei.org/blog/trumps-new-regu...by-the-numbers

Most of his "cuts" in regulations have been by not allowing proposed new regulations to take place- not by removing existing ones.

(the stacks in the photo-op are all just blank pieces of paper).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-14-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The catch is that even removing a regulation requires a regulation removing the previous one which adds to the total number of them.
    My basement had a rat problem so I dropped in a ton of snakes to take care of them, now what do I do about the snake problem? I think i might feed a bunch of rats tylenol and send them back down to the basement so the snakes eat the rats and then die. What do I do about the rats that don't feel pain now?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My basement had a rat problem so I dropped in a ton of snakes to take care of them, now what do I do about the snake problem? I think i might feed a bunch of rats tylenol and send them back down to the basement so the snakes eat the rats and then die. What do I do about the rats that don't feel pain now?
    Bring in tigers to eat the snakes. Then you need elephants to drive off the tigers. Then you can bring in rats to chase away the elephants. The circle of life.

You need a new regulation to rescind a regulation? I never heard that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Most of his "cuts" in regulations have been by not allowing proposed new regulations to take place- not by removing existing ones.
    I consider that a positive.