Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tx. Baptist church mass shooting.

Ender:

Right- killing a relative of someone who did a wrong is sooooo Christian. We'd probably all be dead if that was a law.

WAKE UP

"Through blah blah blah"
    "neutralize them..."
    ""Hoo-hoo ah-ah""
    "WHAT YOU REAP"
    "HOO-HOO AH-AH"
    "IS WHAT YOU SOW!!!"
    "HOO-HOO AH-AH!!!!"

So, that is the, ahem "lyrics" of the monkey skreeching? You actually felt the need to post them? I really shouldn't use Western musical terms to describe this jungle noise, though. It's cultural appropriation, I know. I am ashamed. I'll try to do better.

What's the matter, Ender? Feelin'.... triggered?

My point is pretty simple. Really simple! It usually is, and it assuredly has to be when talking to you. Here it is, kindergarten-style:

1. Murdering people is bad.
    2. You need to minimize the amount of going-around-murdering-people going on in your community, if you're to have a civilization.
    3. The proclivity to senselessly murder people is highly genetic. It is. Look it up.
    4. Hanging murderers and thus preventing them from a) being alive any more, and b) having any children, is one really effective, proven treatment for the problem. It minimizes it really well, by pruning the undesirable genetic stock. You especially see the results after a few centuries of the pruning. We, today, are the beneficiaries of centuries of this process.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 11-07-2017 at 04:26 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    That could be pretty useful, when deciding who in your "movement" to trust. Don'tcha think?
    So, you're saying to trust the one who expressed a wish that a woman and her child would have been "taken out" so two others would (magically I guess) not have died?

I'd think most people wouldn't trust that person to be within 1,000 miles of them, regardless of genetic provenance.

As a point of pity h_h, I truly hope you aren't sentenced to re-reading your own RPF posts for all eternity.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On that point, specifically (which is all I thought you agreed with)?

You believe that this person, who dishonorably killed a bunch of folks in their church, deserves a legacy and deserves a progeny?

ORLY? I thought it was based on a post by undergroundrr about what a wonderful ray of sunshine it is that he killed two random people instead of his own wife and kid. Like, somehow it would be worse if he killed them?

Serves to make a pretty pointed point about how I feel about murderers. Serves as well as to show, perhaps, how some other people feel about them.

That could be pretty useful, when deciding who in your "movement" to trust. Don'tcha think?
    Goddamn you are painfully dense.

Someone needs to nominate you for a Margaret Sanger award.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

[COLOR="#ffccff"]3. The proclivity to senselessly murder people is highly genetic. It is. Look it up.
    4. Hanging murderers and thus preventing them from a) being alive any more, and b) having any children, is one really effective, proven treatment for the problem. It minimizes it really well, by pruning the undesirable genetic stock.
    So hang the baby? You should take a breather and re-examine your premises h_h.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

On that point, specifically (which is all I thought you agreed with)?

You believe that this person, who dishonorably killed a bunch of folks in their church, deserves a legacy and deserves a progeny?

ORLY? I thought it was based on a post by undergroundrr about what a wonderful ray of sunshine it is that he killed two random people instead of his own wife and kid. Like, somehow it would be worse if he killed them?

Serves to make a pretty pointed point about how I feel about murderers. Serves as well as to show, perhaps, how some other people feel about them.

""Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin." I'll leave it to God, as perhaps you should.
    Consider me, then, "untrustful" in your movement. For yours and mine, apparently, are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, Ok CNN

HH never said that, and neither did Donald Trump.
    He didn’t posit that the murdering of the shooter’s child (while many are reporting it’s actually his stepson in the first place) wouldn’t be a tragedy and rather it would be a benefit as his genetics (with certainty) are tainted?

By that same token HH should sterilize himself so as not to curse this world with progeny so goddamned dumb that I’m tempted to smack people with textbooks.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Lol, Ok CNN

HH never said that, and neither did Donald Trump.
    Read much?

Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener
    So there's not much we can do. Exactly. But if he had chosen to take out his own family, well, good riddance. One less risk for the rest of us, and he clearly proved himself unworthy to populate the future. He doesn't deserve a legacy. He doesn't deserve a progeny. I'm sure you'd agree.

And, very importantly, the time taken to murder his own kid would have given him that much less time to murder anyone else.

It's cold, but the case is air-tight.
    And no one was talkin' about Trump. Sorry to disappoint.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    He didn’t posit that the murdering of the shooter’s child (while many are reporting it’s actually his stepson in the first place) wouldn’t be a tragedy and rather it would be a benefit as his genetics (with certainty) are tainted?
    Yes but with the qualification that while he was murdering his children, he wouldn't be able to murder other innocent people.

I don't know that I would attempt to make the case that his children would be murdered is preferable to innocent people being murdered like HH did - but I know that I certainly cannot make the opposing case, which is that it would be preferable for innocent people to die over the murderer's children.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    ""Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin." I'll leave it to God, as perhaps you should.
    Oh, I said multiple times the son should not be killed. As, somewhere in your brain, you know. But another part is suppressing that info. But it's OK, luckily it's a written convo not a spoken one, so you can just look back and see. Solved!

I am wondering specifically if you think this murderous scum, well, now I wonder an additional thing. Namely:

1. Do you think he was a murderous scum?

And then the original thing:

2. Does this murderous scum "deserve" a legacy? Does he "deserve" a progeny?

If you actually do think this (I didn't think you did), then that raises another question:

3. What did he do to deserve it? When so many others are deprived, through infertility, or war, or feminism making traditional mating and family practices extremely difficult or nonviable, or, well, senseless slaughters like this. What makes Atheist Rambo so great, so deserving?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Read much?

And no one was talkin' about Trump. Sorry to disappoint.
    Exactly, HE DID NOT SAY WHAT YOU SAID HE DID.

Donald Trump did not say what you said he did about murdering murder's (terrorist) family members.

You have a bull$#@! fake news problem.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes but with the qualification that while he was murdering his children, he wouldn't be able to murder other innocent people.

I don't know that I would attempt to make the case that his children would be murdered is preferable to innocent people being murdered like HH did - but I know that I certainly cannot make the opposing case, which is that it would be preferable for innocent people to die over the murderer's children.
    So a murder's child in guilty until proved innocent?

WTF planet am I on?
    There is no spoon.

So a murder's child in guilty until proved innocent?

WTF planet am I on?
    You are on a bull$#@! fake news planet, because you keep saying bull$#@! that nobody ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    As a point of pity h_h, I truly hope you aren't sentenced to re-reading your own RPF posts for all eternity.
    ! Mercy is for the weak! MAKE ME READ!

As long as I can edit them, to add in additional material about how Martin Luther King was a Disgusting, Criminal RAPIST. Then that'll be OK.

Maybe after he murdered his family he then goes on to do exactly the same amount of carnage? It isn’t either or.

They are equally innocent. Only a Margaret Sanger social planner would even pontificate such evil.

You are on a bull$#@! fake news planet, because you keep saying bull$#@! that nobody ever said.
    WTF are you talking about?

HH is espousing that it is better for the murder's child to die so as not to spread bad genes and Trump was not mentioned.
    There is no spoon.

HH is espousing that it is better for the murder's child to die so as not to spread bad genes and Trump was not mentioned.
    He didn't say that. You are making that up. The post you quoted him on DID NOT say that. That is why you are fake news.

What it did say was that if the murderer had murdered his children INSTEAD of killing other innocent people, who are allegedly not mass murderes, who may have more children in the future who will be less likely to be mass murderers...THAT would be preferable.

But clearly you did not take the time to read and soak in the post in its entirety, you chose to cherry-pick it like you do with Donald Trump.

And regardless of what you think of that position it is NOT the same as saying we should kill the murderers child like you and several others claimed he said.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That is cherry-picked bull$#@! fake news.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And regardless of what you think of that position it is NOT the same as saying we should kill the murderers child like you and several others claimed he said.
    Yes, they spew bull$#@! then back off spewing a little less bull$#@! sometimes, forgetting how much bull$#@! they have already spewed.

Well, to be technical, a child is the one type of person you KNOW is innocent. And to go further, males really do seem to do more violent crime than females (I'm sure Milo and Stef have told you otherwise) so only killing adult males in the church would really have achieved h_h's aims most effectively.

To accept h_h's argument ("air-tight" as he put it) you also have to accept that the murderer wouldn't have built another 10 minutes into his schedule to "take out" his family before he headed to the church. It's reasonable to contend that would just have been two additional murders. Anyway, maybe that's where Kelley was headed next, so h_h should be very disappointed indeed in the intervention of two Texan gun-owners (they were clearly uninformed in the latest genetics findings!) who got in the way of what should have been the proper course of things.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 11-07-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: clarity

Maybe after he murdered his family he then goes on to do exactly the same amount of carnage? It isn’t either or.

They are equally innocent. Only a Margaret Sanger social planner would even pontificate such evil.
    The assumption that killing his own family would lower the kill count elsewhere is the flaw in HH's logic, but if it was an either/or then it would be slightly less bad if he killed them instead of others while still being an evil act that it would have been better if it hadn't happened at all to anyone.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh, I said multiple times the son should not be killed. As, somewhere in your brain, you know. But another part is suppressing that info. But it's OK, luckily it's a written convo not a spoken one, so you can just look back and see. Solved!

I am wondering specifically if you think this murderous scum, well, now I wonder an additional thing. Namely:

1. Do you think he was a murderous scum?

And then the original thing:

2. Does this murderous scum "deserve" a legacy? Does he "deserve" a progeny?

If you actually do think this (I didn't think you did), then that raises another question:

3. What did he do to deserve it? When so many others are deprived, through infertility, or war, or feminism making traditional mating and family practices extremely difficult or nonviable, or, well, senseless slaughters like this. What makes Atheist Rambo so great, so deserving?
    A child isn’t a legacy.

He had nothing to do with it.

The child deserves the right to his life.

And finally, that you cannot see the simple flaws in what you so smugly offer means that by the same token, you don’t ’deserve’ progeny either. And really that case is even more concrete as your related ideologues have caused the murder of tens of millions of babies... far more dangerous than some nutcase and the possibility murderous traits might have been passed onto their children.

I don't know that I would attempt to make the case that his children would be murdered is preferable to innocent people being murdered like HH did
    Yes, well, you're probably right... but it sure made the thread suddenly interesting, didn't it! I do like to push the envelope -- it can be pret-ty revealing, illuminating, etc. Sometimes just to see if anyone will be able to refute me, or at least try (no one every does any more ).

you keep saying junk that nobody ever said.
    As trained hypnotist Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert) says, people actually hallucinate surprisingly often. We make up stories in our head of what happened to make what we did OK, or what the other guy is saying that means we're right, or whatever it is we need in order to make ourselves look good to ourselves. The brain is like a Press Secretary. No matter what happens, no matter if the politician just totally contradicted what he said yesterday, she is going to defend it and spin it to the best of her ability.

So to get at the truth, we have to, well, we can't fire the Press Secretary, but we need to make an effort to at least put her on paid leave every once in a while. So we can see what's really going on and, in this case, what others are really saying.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 11-07-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Yes, they spew bull$#@! then back off spewing a little less bull$#@! sometimes, forgetting how much bull$#@! they have already spewed.
    How is that a ray of light?

The wife chose him.

The child is half him.

His progeny survive to reproduce and continue to inflict murderous atheist rampages on us for unknown future generation upon generation, while many good people's do not.

No, this is not a ray of light. Sorry. Not that I would want his kid killed, exactly. But the criminal's genes' survival is no cause for celebration.
    I was answering this and my answer was not a lie- this is a sick POV and you know it and no where was your Lover-Trump-Dog mentioned.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Well, to be technical, a child is the one type of person you KNOW is innocent. And to go further, males really do seem to do more violent crime than females (I'm sure Milo and Stef have told you otherwise) so only killing adult males in the church would really have achieved h_h's aims most effectively.
    That is incorrect. Females are violent toward children MUCH more often than males, and female abuse of male children causes increases in violence and crime as they become older.

Of course the primary reason for this is because women have much greater exposure to children.. however Stef makes the point because fighting child abuse is often targeted against men when they are a very small minority of the problem.

Nice try being Stef, tho..

To accept h_h's argument ("air-tight" as he put it) you also have to accept that the murderer wouldn't have built another 10 minutes into his schedule to "take out" his family before he headed to the church. It's reasonably to contend that would just have been two additional murders. Anyway, maybe that's where he was headed next, so h_h should be very disappointed indeed in the intervention of two Texan gun-owners (they were clearly uninformed in the latest genetics findings!) who got in the way what should have been the proper course of things.
    Ya that's one reason why I never accepted his argument, but I'm also not going to come out and put words into his mouth or try to oppose the argument that cannot be refuted, which is that it would be better for innocent people to die than the murderer's children.. that is the argument you have to make if you want to refute his argument, otherwise you can only accept his argument or remain neutral in the center where one cannot make the determination which course of action would be better.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-07-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Yes, well, you're probably right... but it sure made the thread suddenly interesting, didn't it!
    No it derailed it. Was that your intention? I'm sure it must have been. Otherwise it might have ended at post #132.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, well, you're probably right... but it sure made the thread suddenly interesting, didn't it! I do like to push the envelope -- it can be pret-ty revealing, illuminating, etc. Sometimes just to see if anyone will be able to refute me, or at least try (no one every does any more ).
    In unrelated news:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I was answering this and my answer was not a lie- this is a sick POV and you know it and no where was your Lover-Trump-Dog mentioned.
    You have to admit, if you were a woman and you married a guy who went on to be a senseless mass murderer, you failed life. You failed yourself, and any children you may have had who will be afflicted with his genes.

He never said it would be better for them to die, just that celebrating that they lived when having killed them could have potentially foiled his 26 innocent person killing spree COMPLETELY or in part, is kinda silly.

A child isn’t a legacy.
    Well, I think it is.

We all die.

A thousand years from now, who will care who you were? Who will care whether you were oppressed or not oppressed or whatever, whatever... details! If you had children, there may be a million little you's around, influencing the direction of mankind far more, in all likelihood, than you ever did while you were alive. The most important thing you will have done, by far, was to have your children, raise your children, and make that Million Man KCChiefs Army a reality.

"Children are, like, the future" -- Miss America

So to get at the truth, we have to, well, we can't fire the Press Secretary, but we need to make an effort to at least put her on paid leave every once in a while. So we can see what's really going on and, in this case, what others are really saying.
    Agreed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushroom

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast