Thread: Your neighbor is your greatest threat

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Your neighbor is your greatest threat

http://guerrillamerica.com/2014/08/a...rts-and-minds/

To reiterate: In post-SHTF life, the populace – your neighbors – are absolutely your greatest threat. If they’re not stealing from you, then they’re dependent on handouts from the regime, and if they’re not doing either of those, then they’re turning you in for a reward. They very may well be doing all three at the same time. The regime’s ability to leverage these people against you will keep you on the run. If you’re on the run, then you aren’t winning the conflict. And if you’re not winning the conflict, then you have absolutely zero percent chance to win over the populace. That leaves you in a place where everyone who is not you is your enemy, and that’s a conflict that you don’t win.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not my neighbors, they're mostly old, decrepit and just barely still here.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 08-18-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Not my neighbors, they're mostly old decrepit and just barely still here.
    So you're going to have ample supplies of tapioca pudding going forward. Maybe you can make good use of those government subsidized carts as well.

And this goes right here:

Contrary to popular belief, the Gestapo was not the all-pervasive, omnipotent agency in German society. In Germany proper, many towns and cities had fewer than 50 official Gestapo personnel. For example, in 1939 Stettin and Frankfurt am Main only had a total of 41 Gestapo men combined. In Düsseldorf, the local Gestapo office of only 281 men were responsible for the entire Lower Rhine region, which comprised 4 million people. "V-men", as undercover Gestapo agents were known, were used to infiltrate Social Democratic and Communist opposition groups, but this was more the exception, not the rule. The Gestapo office in Saarbrücken had 50 full-term informers in 1939. The District Office in Nuremberg, which had the responsibility for all of northern Bavaria, employed a total of 80–100 full-term informers between 1943 and 1945.

The majority of Gestapo informers were not full-term informers working undercover, but were rather ordinary citizens who chose to denounce other people to the Gestapo.

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was—for the most part—made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information.

Gellately argued that it was because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933 and 1945 was a prime example of panopticism.

The Gestapo—at times—was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations. Many of the local offices were understaffed and overworked, struggling with the paper load caused by so many denunciations. Gellately has also suggested that the Gestapo was "a reactive organization" "...which was constructed within German society and whose functioning was structurally dependent on the continuing co-operation of German citizens".

There are many so-called civilized Americans with malleable morals and very little integrity who sell you and I for the next ration ticket. They have already sold their rights away, so what's a few oddballs?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Contrary to popular belief, the Gestapo was not the all-pervasive, omnipotent agency in German society. In Germany proper, many towns and cities had fewer than 50 official Gestapo personnel. For example, in 1939 Stettin and Frankfurt am Main only had a total of 41 Gestapo men combined. In Düsseldorf, the local Gestapo office of only 281 men were responsible for the entire Lower Rhine region, which comprised 4 million people. "V-men", as undercover Gestapo agents were known, were used to infiltrate Social Democratic and Communist opposition groups, but this was more the exception, not the rule. The Gestapo office in Saarbrücken had 50 full-term informers in 1939. The District Office in Nuremberg, which had the responsibility for all of northern Bavaria, employed a total of 80–100 full-term informers between 1943 and 1945.

The majority of Gestapo informers were not full-term informers working undercover, but were rather ordinary citizens who chose to denounce other people to the Gestapo.

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was—for the most part—made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information.

Gellately argued that it was because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933 and 1945 was a prime example of panopticism.

The Gestapo—at times—was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations. Many of the local offices were understaffed and overworked, struggling with the paper load caused by so many denunciations. Gellately has also suggested that the Gestapo was "a reactive organization" "...which was constructed within German society and whose functioning was structurally dependent on the continuing co-operation of German citizens".
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-18-2014 at 09:34 AM.

So, two of the three reasons they are such a great threat are they're dependent on the regime and they'll turn you in to the regime, and the bottom line is they regime will be able to leverage them against you.

Sounds to me like the greatest threat we would have in that scenario is the greatest threat we face right now--the regime and their divide and conquer tactics. Which is exactly what the Op is happily helping the regime propagate in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Has anyone really analyzed what's going on with the amber alerts?
    They tell you there's an amber alert and watch out for a gold Honda Civic with XXXXX license number and call this phone number if you see it.

Then you dig a little deeper and find out the alert is for a 14 year old boy.

Then you dig a little deeper and find out that the Honda belongs to his father who has not delivered him to the boy's mother in a timely manner.

The whole thing is set up to solve a nonexistent problem by getting us to rat each other out.

Or, in other words, I'm not sure how this is not exactly what we're living, in our decidedly pre-SHTF scenario.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

According to Bob LeFevre, only about 5% of folks are civilized.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    According to Bob LeFevre, only about 5% of folks are civilized.
    That's a horrifying statistic. I was watching The Colony the other day and while I scoffed at some ridiculous elements of the plot, I was nodding my head with the overall premise.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    That's a horrifying statistic. I was watching The Colony the other day and while I scoffed at some ridiculous elements of the plot, I was nodding my head with the overall premise.
    The veneer of civilization is very thin indeed. The barbarians and savages are everywhere. This Earth is not my home. I'm just passing through.

Though this article appears to be imbued with fear mongering there is one aspect of the coming struggle that it does overlook. Given the fact that our paternalistic government does support so many individuals, any substantive disturbance in the status quo will likely reverberate back and destabilize their operational capabilities. When you have that many screaming children housed under your wing, this relationship can quickly become a liability as opposed to an asset.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-18-2014 at 09:58 AM.

So, if it is post SHTF, how much government does one expect to have capability to come after my ass after being denounced?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    So, if it is post SHTF, how much government does one expect to have capability to come after my ass after being denounced?
    False flags? I think that's what they'll go to immediately, given how ruthless these people are. Before you know, your face will be associated with the blowing up of hydroelectric dams. ROFL

meh most of my neighbors are pretty independent, close knit, clannish, hard workin' country people. I suspect we'll do just fine when the cities start burning.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Has anyone really analyzed what's going on with the amber alerts?
    They tell you there's an amber alert and watch out for a gold Honda Civic with XXXXX license number and call this phone number if you see it.

Then you dig a little deeper and find out the alert is for a 14 year old boy.

Then you dig a little deeper and find out that the Honda belongs to his father who has not delivered him to the boy's mother in a timely manner.

The whole thing is set up to solve a nonexistent problem by getting us to rat each other out.

Or, in other words, I'm not sure how this is not exactly what we're living, in our decidedly pre-SHTF scenario.
    Last time I got an amber alert it woke up the cell phone and started blaring at a volume higher than I can set it. It slightly blew the speaker... This woke me up... at 2am... for a kid that had just gone missing FIFTY F'n MILES AWAY!!!!

The other one I absolutely hate is the "weekly" EBS (Emergency Broadcast System) tests that go off at 4:30 am EVERY morning. Then they sometimes go off again a few minutes later. One time it went off 15 times in a row, about 5 minutes apart. Aside from messing with your TV volume, if you are watching a particular channel it will return you to a different channel hundreds of channels away. If you are watching an on demand movie, it completely blows it away, so you have to find it again and start from the beginning fast forwarding to wherever you were.

This means that whenever I or anyone thats normally awake at this hour hear it, it triggers an automatic response: time to hit the fridge and ignore the TV...

All to keep us safe...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 08-18-2014 at 04:20 PM.

What are neighbors? But seriously the nearest house is about 1/4 mile from here. Next nearest is about a 1/2 mile.

This is Maine, life won't change a whole lot if shtf and the cities burn.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    meh most of my neighbors are pretty independent, close knit, clannish, hard workin' country people. I suspect we'll do just fine when the cities start burning.
    As it should be.....

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Last time I got an amber alert it woke up the cell phone and started blaring at a volume higher than I can set it. It slightly blew the speaker... This woke me up... at 2am... for a kid that had just gone missing FIFTY F'n MILES AWAY!!!!

The other one I absolutely hate is the "weekly" EBS (Emergency Broadcast System) tests that go off at 4:30 am EVERY morning. Then they sometimes go off again a few minutes later. One time it went off 15 times in a row, about 5 minutes apart. Aside from messing with your TV volume, if you are watching a particular channel it will return you to a different channel hundreds of channels away. If you are watching an on demand movie, it completely blows it away, so you have to find it again and start from the beginning fast forwarding to wherever you were.

This means that whenever I or anyone thats normally awake at this hour hear it, it triggers an automatic response: time to hit the fridge and ignore the TV...

All to keep us safe...

-t
    Glad I don't have a "smart" phone.

LibForestPaul

People are fearful rats. They have fear of everyone and everything. They desire all for free. They hate those with more. They believe themselves to be saintly. This is not pretentiousness. These people are my family and friends, and trust me, they hate you.

How so...
    They despise the negroes and their handouts, while they rack up $50k a year medical expenses.
    They hate the elderly who do not want to pay for their children in school.
    They believe the rich need to be punished.
    They fear any bogeyman that is put forth.
    They loathe the public unioner, their pensions, all the while voting for the party.
    They laugh at the mundane, and demand their promised pensions that they worked for.
    And it just doesn't stop.

This land is dead. Wishful thinking to hope for the dissolution of this farce will be non-violent.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    That is irrelevant unless you know your neighbors ideology. They may even have the same ideology as you however that all goes out the window if ethnicity overrides that belief.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

All to keep us safe...

-t
    You can turn those off on your phone. Or at least on mine I can.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    You can turn those off on your phone. Or at least on mine I can.
    Yeah, my son fixed that for me, it was annoying as hell.

Probably

And your greatest Ally.

Your problems are also often their problems.

Who have you been counting on all of these years?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Thread winnar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People around you are the eyes and ears of the Matrix...they may become an Agent at any moment.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What are neighbors? But seriously the nearest house is about 1/4 mile from here. Next nearest is about a 1/2 mile.

This is Maine, life won't change a whole lot if shtf and the cities burn.
    Maine!