Thread: Favorite country and why?

pcgame

Favorite country and why?

My favorite countries would be the United States of America and Canada, especially the Quebec part of Canada. I like the landscape, the weather, and the culture, and the people. Also, they're part of the 1st world. Also, the United States and Canada have some of the largest house sizes of all the countries. Also, the best Food and great Architecture.
    Last edited by pcgame; 08-21-2018 at 08:38 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Iceland. No mosquitoes.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I don't know.. I recently figured out I don't really care where I live. I get used to things and adapt.

If I had to move to a different country, New Zealand would be a good option. Really, the only downside to that is that wherever you go requires that you're in an airplane for at least several hours. Another option would be Norway, not a lot of people, lot of nature... Nice and cold in winter, which is good for keeping things more like they are. Downside, I like beer, that's expensive (no fking joke), and I only speak Norwegian after a few beers. Italy, also nice... I don't know, as long as there's a sea or ocean I'm ok. I'm used to the sea climate.
    "I am a bird"

The way we were in the year 2000.
    I want the past back so things can
    have a do over. I'm tired of how it
    all went downhill. I feel nostalgic!

Monaco. No income tax.

The Shire. Because hobbits.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Visited New Zealand in the Army.. Nice,,

I have traveled around this country a bit (everyone should) .. It is really huge. all manner of terrain and climate.

Of other countries I have looked at,, Iran looks nice.. and the idea of laying my bones where humanity started is a neat idea.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Russia-culture, Russian Orthodoxy, interesting people, and the world's most beautiful women <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Switzerland.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Really? Those feet weird me out. If I ever find myself in The Shire, I'd open up a shoe store.

If I move to Middle Earth, I'd chose a nice place in Rivendell and take up archery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Estate of Oyarde . Best Governed .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-21-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Do something Danke

Our ancestors most recently came from England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Actually, two ancestral homes exist in Scotland and France. I would like to see those places and do some family research.

Inside the US, I have heard the UP of Michigan is extraordinarily beautiful. I would like to find a small town to visit for a week or so and just enjoy local food and culture.

I read Freckles and The Girl of the Limberlost. That area seems intriguing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

'Murica! 'Cause $#@! yeah!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    'Murica! 'Cause $#@! yeah!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

Thanks. I'll be here all week.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I also like any country that has good weather all year round.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The United States with all it's problems--it really has much beauty and the people are good despite what some people think.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Finland.

Because they do stuff like this:

And have bands like this:

And have men like this:

And weather like this:

Hong Kong...They have low Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Finland.

Because they do stuff like this:

And have bands like this:

And have men like this:

And weather like this:

They also have epic music like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm also dreaming of living in New Zealand but we don't have relatives there.

pcgame

I edited my original post. There is just no place like the United States of America and Canada, especially Quebec. So with that said the United States of America and Canada, especially Quebec are my favorite countries. The architecture and food is great too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I also like any country that has good weather all year round.
    Aruba.

I love it there and, if I could, I'd buy the island and rename it Suzanistan.

I would keep the word Bon-bini, though. The whole time I was there (2 weeks), I had no idea what Bon-bini meant but I liked so I called everything a Bon-bini. Poor Mr A got sick of me asking if I could stick stuff in his bon-bini.

When we went, we stayed at the Aruba Sonesta Beach Resort and I highly recommend it. It's not on the beach but they have a private island they shuttle you to via boat that's topless. Mr A loved it. He's short and all those Dutch women are tall so it put their titties right in his face.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Aruba.

I love it there and, if I could, I'd buy the island and rename it Suzanistan.

I would keep the word Bon-bini, though. The whole time I was there (2 weeks), I had no idea what Bon-bini meant but I liked so I called everything a Bon-bini. Poor Mr A got sick of me asking if I could stick stuff in his bon-bini.

When we went, we stayed at the Aruba Sonesta Beach Resort and I highly recommend it. It's not on the beach but they have a private island they shuttle you to via boat that's topless. Mr A loved it. He's short and all those Dutch women are tall so it put their titties right in his face.
    We could put topless women on the money of Suzanistan . It would be purchased worldwide. Reserve Titty currency .
    Do something Danke

My favorite country is America because it's the land of winners, freedom, and football
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    We could put topless women on the money of Suzanistan . It would be purchased worldwide. Reserve Titty currency .
    Money backed by titties. I like it. I can call them Bon-Binis.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    I edited my original post. There is just no place like the United States of America and Canada, especially Quebec. So with that said the United States of America and Canada, especially Quebec are my favorite countries. The architecture and food is great too.
    I have been meaning to explore the Gaspe' peninsula coast line for years now.

I sailed just offshore a few years back and it looked really pretty and unpopulated.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The United States with all it's problems--it really has much beauty and the people are good despite what some people think.
    Never been any where else (except Canada a time or two)... yeah, still alot to see here.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows