Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Paul; ''What My Presidency Would Have Been Like'' w/ Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I didn't hear that in the podcast in the OP of this thread. What minute mark was that?
    Ask Angela:

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    So many take-aways.

''Incrementalism won't work''
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's also interesting to note that Ron reiterates several times the fact that there is no fundamental difference between the parties. They're both primarily interested in expanding state power and control, they just aporoach it from different angles.
    If only Boobus could see so clearly.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Incrementalism is working.
    It's working phenomenally well

It's truly fantastic, just amazing, how well incrementalism is working. Ask anyone, they all agree
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Can anyone give the time stamp for where he talks about the immigration and trade restrictions he would implement?

It's working? Unless you're talking about incremental *growth* of government, it hasn't even been tried.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    https://tomwoods.com/ep-1535-ron-pau...e/?omhide=true

If you're tired of the Trumper's version of libertarian, you might like listening to Ron Paul talk about current events with Tom Woods.

So many take-aways.

''Maybe the first 100 years we believed in self-reliance...''

''Negative interest rates are bizarre''

''As soon someone calls you a plant, that person isn't worth dealing with''

''We have to be loud.''

''Incrementalism won't work''
    Thanks for sharing.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Can anyone give the time stamp for where he talks about the immigration restrictions he would implement?
    0:16

Ron Paul's position from 2007:

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

• Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    • Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    • No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    • No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    • End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    • Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

http://archive.is/XoV0h#selection-311.1-349.26

"I remember I got into trouble with Libertarians because I said there may well be a time when immigration is like an invasion and we have to treat it differently." - Ron Paul on Meet The Press 23 Dec 2007

http://archive.is/HW9aj

MR. RUSSERT: You say you're a strict constructionist of the Constitution, and yet you want to amend the Constitution to say that children born here should not automatically be U.S. citizens.REP. PAUL: Well, amending the Constitution is constitutional. What's a--what's the contradiction there?
    MR. RUSSERT: So in the Constitution as written, you want to amend?
    REP. PAUL: Well, that's constitutional, to do it. Besides, it was the 14th Amendment. It wasn't in the original Constitution. And there's a, there's a confusion on interpretation. In the early years, it was never interpreted that way, and it's still confusing because people--individuals are supposed to have birthright citizenship if they're under the jurisdiction of the government. And somebody who illegally comes in this country as a drug dealer, is he under the jurisdiction and their children deserve citizenship? I think it's awfully, awfully confusing, and, and I, I--matter of fact, I have a bill to change that as well as a Constitutional amendment to clarify it.

Well, I start off with saying that it`s a big problem. I don`t like to get involved with the Federal Government very much, but I do think it is a federal responsibility to protect our borders....And that`s why I don`t think our border guards should be sent to Iraq, like we`ve done. I think we need more border guards. But to have the money and the personnel, we have to bring our troops home from Iraq. Ron Paul

More at: http://www.vdare.com/articles/ron-pa...al-sovereignty

Totally free immigration! I`ve never taken that position...Well, you work on both. The most important is the welfare state, but you can still beef up your borders and get rid of some incentives for illegals....Ron Paul

More at: http://www.vdare.com/articles/ron-pa...al-sovereignty

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So, let's see here. A guy who literally has decades of experience successfully navigating the political waters and who has successfully at least piqued the interest of MILLIONS of people in the principles of liberty is described as "hopeless" as a political strategist by a guy who probably has no actual experience in politics at all and is probably basing his opinions on partisan garbage he's read online? I must be on RPF.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 11-20-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Yes. It most certainly is. We have face scanning cameras at airports at on the border wall/fence. We have bumpfire stock bans. The "red flag" law ideas was floated then replaced with an Orwellian pre-crime/thought-crime regime. Incrementalism is most certainly working. The question is what direction? Trump has done some good things. Obama did some good things. (Iran nuke deal for example). But when there are no core principles in your principal you get what we get.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ron is a great man and a great philosopher but he isn't perfect and as a political strategist he's hopeless.
    Did you even listen to the interview? I think you did not. That isn't a criticism. Most of us are guilty of reacting to comments without necessarily listening to the source material. Here's what I think you missed. At 4:30 in Tom Woods brings up the study by Fordham University professor Paul Levinson which scientifically proved the media blackout of Ron Paul.

See: https://fordham.academia.edu/PaulLev...urriculumVitae

Then Tom went on to remind us of something I had forgotten. That time in the 2012 campaign when Ron Paul had a second place finish in fundraising, MSNBC reported the first and third place finishers and ignored 2nd place!.

Ron had $4.5 million at that time. Note that in 2007 when Ron Paul was just considered a novelty, MSNBC was happy to report his record fundraising. The "we must mention the congressman from Texas."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21646939/n.../#.Xdf5jFdKiUk

Contrast that with the Hillary Clinton "pied piper strategy" exposed by Wikileaks where Hillary purposefully got her friends in the media to boost Trump during the GOP primary in the hopes that he would win.

https://observer.com/2016/10/wikilea...-help-clinton/

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...d-trump-214428

If you did you missed where Tom Woods brought up the scientific study which showed the media blackout of Ron Paul.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Did you even listen to the interview?
    There's no need to ask. We already established that.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I didn't hear that in the podcast in the OP of this thread. What minute mark was that?
    Ask Angela:
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I'll watch the interview later.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ron is a great man and a great philosopher but he isn't perfect and as a political strategist he's hopeless.
    Bret Baier? Is that you?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Bret Baier? Is that you?
    Espousing correct and moral philosophy is not the same, unfortunately, as having good political strategy. That’s where Rand is coming in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Espousing correct and moral philosophy is not the same, unfortunately, as having good political strategy. That’s where Rand is coming in handy.
    Exactly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Exactly.
    I'm pretty sure he was joking
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I'm sure he wasn't but he was right even if he was.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, I don't think so.
    "The Patriarch"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by tfurrh; 11-24-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12