Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newsweek: 'Trump Impeachment Odds Rise After Explosive 'Fire and Fury' Book Revelations'

Newsweek: 'Trump Impeachment Odds Rise After Explosive 'Fire and Fury' Book Revelations'

Something strange the way this 'Fire and Fury' book almost instantly has got thousands of 5 star reviews and became instant top seller on amazon and various lists. Could some 'Deep' stage entity be supporting such sucessful release of this book? Can't be just last FBI Dir Comey's biblical inspirations.

Have not read the book, not sure how much of this is hyperbole. From recent temperature of news/views, IMO at least politically GOP 2018 electioning prospects could face greater risk from Trump's humiliation of GOP base celeberated conservative, military veteran Steve Bannon than other stuff.

Trump claims ‘Sloppy Steve’ Bannon ‘cried when he got fired’
    January 6, 2018
    “He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!”

Trump Impeachment Odds Rise After Explosive 'Fire and Fury' Book Revelations

By Sam Schwarz On 1/5/18

"With the simmering tension between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un, it seems like the president should be worrying about threats closer to home, with odds of an impeachment during his first term shortening to 4-7, a probability of 63.6 percent," Brice told Newsweek.

In betting terms, the shortening of odds means something is more likely to occur.
    What should be even more alarming to the White House, according to Brice, is the shortening of odds for a Trump impeachment this year.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...nd-fury-772217

Related

Book: 'Ivanka is terrified', Trump boasts his son-in-law knows all the 'crooks' in Israel

Trump: Steve Bannon "lost his mind"

Bannon rips Romney (and his sons) for lack of military service
    Dec 6, 2017

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Something strange the way this 'Fire and Fury' book almost instantly has got thousands of 5 star reviews and became instant top seller on amazon and various lists. Could some 'Deep' stage entity be supporting such sucessful release of this book? Can't be just last FBI Dir Comey's biblical inspirations.
    Simpler explanation: a huge number of Americans deeply loathe Trump and are eager to read about his failings.

Something strange the way this 'Fire and Fury' book almost instantly has got thousands of 5 star reviews and became instant top seller on amazon and various lists. Could some 'Deep' stage entity be supporting such sucessful release of this book?
    Trump derangement syndrome.

The Russia collusion gambit failed, so now it's the "Trump is crazy and suffering from dementia" back-up plan.

Trump is happy to oblige, as his mentality was formed and solidified as a middle school kid in New York. Nothing new, but certainly something that the left can work themselves into mass hysteria over.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Simpler explanation: a huge number of Americans deeply loathe Trump and are eager to read about his failings.
    And I'm one of them. I really don't see a downside. No Trump and temporary government paralysis. Sounds great to me. Impeachment can't come too soon. Let the games begin.

How do so many people read a book about Trump? I tried reading Art of The Deal With It, but I couldn't force myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    And I'm one of them. I really don't see a downside. No Trump and temporary government paralysis. Sounds great to me. Impeachment can't come too soon. Let the games begin.
    how did the Obama Impeachment go?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    Once the used copies are available for a pittance, I'll probably pick one up.

As for impeachment, there is one major downside: it would martyrize Trump in the eyes of his followers. Better a failed reelection bid, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    How do so many people read a book about Trump? I tried reading Art of The Deal With It, but I couldn't force myself.
    Political books written when their subjects (or their enemies) are still alive tend to be pretty bad, but this one looks interesting.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 01-06-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump derangement syndrome.

The Russia collusion gambit failed, so now it's the "Trump is crazy and suffering from dementia" back-up plan.

Trump is happy to oblige, as his mentality was formed and solidified as a middle school kid in New York. Nothing new, but certainly something that the left can work themselves into mass hysteria over.
    I somewhat agree. But it is not so much the book it is his behavior after the book and his public handling of Bannon when he should just shut his damn mouth. It is getting to a point where it really is wtf is wrong with him mentally more than believing it is schtick or as a way of taking on or overriding the fake media or what you describe.

It is like Trump, you won, STFU, get off twitter, show some class and do the damn job.

He is the lone possibility at this point of standing against the globalist establishment. Once he is gone it is Pence whom is far worse in policy but it is a risky gamble given Trump's behavior.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I somewhat agree. But it is not so much the book it is his behavior after the book and his public handling of Bannon when he should just shut his damn mouth. It is getting to a point where it really is wtf is wrong with him mentally more than believing it is schtick or as a way of taking on or overriding the fake media or what you describe.

It is like Trump, you won, STFU, get off twitter, show some class and do the damn job.

He is the lone possibility at this point of standing against the globalist establishment. Once he is gone it is Pence whom is far worse in policy but it is a risky gamble given Trump's behavior.
    That's what I meant by New York middle school mentality. It's all about acting tough, instantly attacking back at all times in a juvenille way. Some would say he is playing 36dd chess. More likely it's just his natural way of behaving. Either way, it has worked out for him, so he will continue doing it.

But that is mostly reality TV mentality. What actually happens is what's important. Is it policy that Ron Paul would recommend? Mostly not. It is right of center though, and we are getting the policies of Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, as opposed to getting the policies of Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. Trump just wants to "win", he doesn't care about details.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Political books written when their subjects (or their enemies) are still alive tend to be pretty bad, but this one looks interesting.
    They're under $20 used at amazon. If he's nothing like his 30 yrs in the limelight and tweets imply, let us know.

They're under $20 used at amazon. If he's nothing like his 30 yrs in the limelight and tweets imply, let us know.
    It'll be <$1 in a few months.

Probably, if not free.

I wonder if a hit piece about a nice Trump would damage his rep more. What if the guy's super calm under pressure, plays with his son after dinner, knows everybody by their first names, drinks a beer with the servants every now and then... Would that kill his image? (Extra pussy grabbing for damage control.)

Probably, if not free.

I wonder if a hit piece about a nice Trump would damage his rep more. What if the guy's super calm under pressure, plays with his son after dinner, knows everybody by their first names, drinks a beer with the servants every now and then... Would that kill his image? (Extra pussy grabbing for damage control.)
    Maybe if it came out that he likes to watch while Jeb! bangs his wife

Banned

Blog Entries

"With the simmering tension between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un, it seems like the president should be worrying about threats closer to home, with odds of an impeachment during his first term shortening to 4-7, a probability of 63.6 percent," Brice told Newsweek.
    Is that 63.6% higher, or lower than the chances of Hillary winning?

In this explosive book, Wolff provides a wealth of new details about the chaos in the Oval Office. Among the revelations:
    -- What President Trump’s staff really thinks of him
    -- What inspired Trump to claim he was wire-tapped by President Obama
    -- Why FBI director James Comey was really fired
    -- Why chief strategist Steve Bannon and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner couldn’t be in the same room
    -- Who is really directing the Trump administration’s strategy in the wake of Bannon’s firing
    -- What the secret to communicating with Trump is
    -- What the Trump administration has in common with the movie The Producers

Never before has a presidency so divided the American people. Brilliantly reported and astoundingly fresh, Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury shows us how and why Donald Trump has become the king of discord and disunion.
    I am sorry, but really, who really gives two-deuces about any of this? Two words: disgruntled ex-employees?

Also, not a Trump fan myself, but how exactly has he "divided the American people", it is clearly the case that the DNC is responsible for this.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Jan2017

Both Ireland-based gambling company Paddy Power and New Zealand–based prediction market PredictIt have increased the likelihood of Trump being impeached
    before his term ends at the beginning of 2021.

The oddsmakers at PredictIt, which handles its betting differently than Paddy Power does, are a bit more bullish on Trump's chances of avoiding impeachment
    and remaining president through the end of his first term. Still, its odds have also shortened over the past couple of days.
    "There's a 37% chance @realDonaldTrump will be impeached."

When PredictIt’s markets opened on January 2, the day the first excerpts from Wolff's book were released, you could make a 33-cent bet on Trump being impeached in his first term, putting PredictIt’s odds at approximately 2-to-1.
    On January 4, that number rose as high as 39 cents before plateauing at its current price of
    37 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Is that 63.6% higher, or lower than the chances of Hillary winning?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-07-2018 at 08:37 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

i agree with everything said above , pence would be a rotten potus .

The impeachment odds and coverage seem exaggerated, however some political risks from charges like 'money laundering' (as Bannon has claimed) with widening net that the 'Russiagate turned Israelgate' scandal has brought to WH inner circle could be real.

Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Jr. Could Go to Jail for Money Laundering If Steve Bannon Is Right

By Nicole Goodkind On 1/4/18

Former top White House adviser Steve Bannon has said that both Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Jr. likely laundered money over the course of their careers—and possibly during their time on the campaign trail and at the White House.
    Bannon made the assertion and many others during interviews for a new book by Michael Wolff, a journalist who was granted access to the White House. President Donald Trump and Bannon have been duking it out in the public eye since excerpts from the book, Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, were published Wednesday, and Washington remains transfixed.
    Bannon reportedly told Wolff that Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer in Trump Tower during the 2016 election campaign was “treasonous” and “unpatriotic.” Bannon also said that the investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller into possible Trump campaign ties to Russia is particularly dangerous to the Trump clan because it focuses on more than just that allegation. He noted that Trump Jr. and Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and White House adviser, were the targets of a money-laundering probe.

“You realize where this is going,” Bannon is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to $#@!ing Trump goes right through [former Trump campaign manager] Paul Manafort, Don Jr. and Jared Kushner. It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Bannon added, "It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner $#@!. The Kushner $#@! is greasy. They’re going to go right through that."
    In an op-ed published Tuesday, the founders of the research and strategic intelligence company that produced the 35-page Donald Trump-Russia dossier—a document that is the subject of multiple investigations—asked congressional investigators to "look into the bank records of Deutsche Bank and others that were funding Mr. Trump's businesses."

Fusion GPS co-founders Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch wrote that they “found widespread evidence that Mr. Trump and his organization had worked with a wide array of dubious Russians in arrangements that often raised questions about money laundering.”
    Deutsche Bank has loaned billions of dollars to Trump, and he owes the bank about $300 million, according to Bloomberg.

http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushne...ndering-771166

A top Democrat wants Steve Bannon to testify about claims he made in an explosive new book

Sen. Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, wants to hear what Bannon may have to say.

By Alex Ward Jan 4, 2018
    Sen. Mark Warner (VA), the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, wants former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon to speak with federal investigators about Bannon’s recent claim that the president and some of his close advisers may have laundered money.
    “If he’s got facts on [money laundering], I or a special prosecutor ought to hear them,” Warner told me in an interview Thursday.

The comments attributed to Bannon were revealed in excerpts from Michael Wolff’s provocative new book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House. In the book, Bannon scoffs at the idea that special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation will end soon, as Trump’s lawyers continually tell him.
    “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to $#@!ing Trump goes right through [former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort, [Trump’s son] Don Jr and [Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser] Jared Kushner,” Bannon is quoted as saying. “It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Warner, whose committee is conducting its own investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign — would like Bannon to explain to him what exactly he knows about this money laundering business. (Meanwhile, Senate Intelligence Committee chair Richard Burr has said he doesn’t think his committee needs to chat with Bannon.)
    But perhaps even more importantly, Warner also wants Bannon to talk to federal prosecutors working with Mueller. And unlike the Senate committee investigation, Mueller’s team can actually charge people in Trump’s inner circle with crimes. Mueller already indicted four members of Trump’s campaign — including Paul Manafort — and two of them pleaded guilty.

GOP strategist: Republicans will impeach Trump “if they get wiped out” in 2018

“When does the Republican Party turn? When they get wiped out. That’s what happens.”

Charlie May 01.04.2018
    The 2018 midterm elections are pivotal, in the sense that the results will dictate whether or not the Republican Party will stand strongly behind President Donald Trump moving forward, according to one Republican strategist and former Senate aide.

On MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Rick Tyler — a GOP strategist and former aide to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas — predicted (video here) that the party would split from Trump if it suffers a setback in 2018.

"When does the Republican Party turn? When they get wiped out. That's what happens. If they get wiped out in [2018], the Republicans will absolutely turn on Donald Trump," Tyler argued.

Tyler also floated the idea that impeachment is still a plausible option the Republicans can pursue, and would, if 2018 proved to be a failure for the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    I am sorry, but really, who really gives two-deuces about any of this?
    Apparently current POTUS did unless this is fakenews:

Can Trump Stop Michael Wolff's 'Fire and Fury' From Being Published?

By Sam Schwarz On 1/4/18
    Following the release of bombshell excerpts from a forthcoming book on Donald Trump's election campaign and the early days of his presidency, the president is siccing his lawyers on author Michael Wolff and publisher Henry Holt to try to prevent the book from being published.

Related: Top 20 revelations from Trump 'Fire and Fury' book about golden showers, Ivanka, Bannon and more
    The tell-all, Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, is set to be published January 10.

The Washington Post reported Thursday morning that lawyer Charles Harder, representing the president, sent a letter to Henry Holt demanding that it "immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the book" and that it apologize to Trump.

The letter also calls for the immediate termination of the publication of any excerpts from the book. Thus far, extended excerpts have been published in New York magazine and The Hollywood Reporter. The letter was addressed directly to Wolff and the president of the publishing company.

The letter came just one day after Trump's lawyers sent a similar missive to former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, the source of many of the bombshell quotes in excerpts released Wednesday. The letter to Bannon accused him of "defamation by libel and slander, and breach of his written confidentiality and non-disparagement agreement." The letter also claimed that legal action was "imminent."

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...nd-fury-770714

Odds are,, these bets are never paid off by the losers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The impeachment odds and coverage seem exaggerated, however some political risks from charges like 'money laundering' (as Bannon has claimed) with widening net that the 'Russiagate turned Israelgate' scandal has brought to WH inner circle could be real.
    I believe everything said by Bannon about money laundering is opinion, not evidence or inside knowledge. No better than any other person giving their opinion.

His opinions may be correct, especially with regard to the special prosecutors going after financial crimes rather than the stated purpose of the investigation. They can indict a ham sandwich after all. He probably has no inside knowledge about previous financial dealings though. Nothing worthy of testimony or evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Odds are,, these bets are never paid off by the losers.
    Wishful thinking by the media. If they push a lie long and hard, they hope they can make it reality.

Newsweek: 'Trump Impeachment Odds Rise After Explosive 'Fire and Fury' Book Revelations'

I don't really like Trump but I don't care if he remains in office or get impeached. To me it all seems like a distraction.

I believe everything said by Bannon about money laundering is opinion, not evidence or inside knowledge. No better than any other person giving their opinion.

His opinions may be correct, especially with regard to the special prosecutors going after financial crimes rather than the stated purpose of the investigation. They can indict a ham sandwich after all. He probably has no inside knowledge about previous financial dealings though. Nothing worthy of testimony or evidence.

Tend to agree with all of this, tone of Bannon's claim seems to be speculative. As is much of analysis so far.
    Trump's political standing after upcoming deal making with Dems and intensity of grudges of likes of Flynn, Comey, Bannon would probably determine how Mueller net expands/closes in the end.

To be fair, Trump has strongly defended his mental competence despite claims from book author that he has many audio tapes and that 100% of those around him saw as 'child', 'incompetent' etc.
    That said, WH press sec Sarah Sanders claim that he defeated the 'most accomplished lineup of candidates' seems a bit of stretch. Winning election is also not necessarily a sign of mental competence.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Trump goes, you know who we'll be left with... (shudder).

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Wishful thinking by the media. If they push a lie long and hard, they hope they can make it reality.
    The stupidity of the media is mind boggling.

Yup, it's really not much more than that.

Half the country are communists, on some sort of government dole, SJWs, weirdosexuals of every stripe in the rainbow and woemen who hate white men.

Trump derangement syndrome manifests itself by them hating Trump for stuff he hasn't done or said.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    If Trump goes, you know who we'll be left with... (shudder).

Exactly. As much as I dislike Trump, Pence would be worse. Possibly much worse.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast