Thread: Trump : Tillerson dumb as a Rock

Trump : Tillerson dumb as a Rock

Tillerson "didn't have the mental capacity needed" as the nation's top diplomat.

"He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough," Trump said. "He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!"
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...dumb-as-a-rock

If he was so bad why did Trump hire him, let alone keep in on board for over a year?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump proving once again he has the emotional mentality of a 10 year old. Meanwhile the fool in chief continues to appoint and sing praises of his neocon appointees Pompeo, Trump's master Bolton, Pence, Haley, Nauert.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 12-08-2018 at 04:18 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

We have a real character as president...

At least Obama had some class.

I miss Ron Paul.
    No - No - No - No

Only hires the best, though.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    We have a real character as president...

At least Obama had some class.

I miss Ron Paul.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    If he was so bad why did Trump hire him, let alone keep in on board for over a year?

technically he wasn't dumb as a rock until he went on network news and said he didn't get along well with trump because he consistently asked him to do illegal things

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    technically he wasn't dumb as a rock until he went on network news and said he didn't get along well with trump because he consistently asked him to do illegal things
    Which indicates that neocons are smart enough to not say bad things about Trump in person or in the media. There is some skill required to be a good sycophant infiltrator.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Eh, Reagan used to ask his staffers to come up with ways to creatively but legally do things. I think Tillerson must be releasing a book or something. But I am hard pressed to believe the former head of Exxon Mobil is dumb or lazy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought that Tillerson was one of the "best people," though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I thought that Tillerson was one of the "best people," though?

The "very best." With the best minds.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The "very best." With the best minds.
    Strange how that first set of "best people" have one by one been replaced by lifelong politicians and government employees.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Pompeo is also as dumb as a rock.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Strange how that first set of "best people" have one by one been replaced by lifelong politicians and government employees.
    Refilling the Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Trump proving once again he has the emotional mentality of a 10 year old.
    I continue to see no evidence to disprove my personal theory that POTUS gave Barron his Twitter password and told him, "Have fun with it."

https://www.tampabay.com/nation-worl...ings-20181207/

"What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation," Tillerson said, was "to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn't like to read, doesn't read briefing reports, doesn't like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, 'This is what I believe.'"

Tillerson said Trump believes he is acting on his instincts rather than relying on facts. But Tillerson seemed to suggest that it resulted in impulsiveness.

"He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness," Tillerson said. "But it's not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts."

(Notice Tillerson doesn't say Trump isn't being impulsive; he's saying he isn't trying to be impulsive.)

Perhaps the most damning quote came when Tillerson talked about how Trump as president regularly attempted to do things that violated the law.

"So often, the president would say, 'Here's what I want to do, and here's how I want to do it,'" Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, "and I would have to say to him, 'Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can't do it that way. It violates the law."

Tillerson also appeared to take a shot at Trump's chief method of communication, Twitter.

"I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues - that they are satisfied with a 128 characters," Tillerson said.

He was quick to say that that wasn't meant as a shot at Trump, but our political system more broadly. Next to his other comments, though, it wasn't difficult to see he was lumping Trump with all those Americans who aren't intellectually curious enough about policy and the actual details of U.S. government.