Thread: In the middle of global wars, racists told to leave US air force?

In the middle of global wars, racists told to leave US air force?

Incredible. This could be one of the most radical and controversial directive from a leader of of any US military branch (air force, army, navy/marines) that could have long term implications for the on going US global war on terror with increasing use of air force/drone warfare.
    Be interesting to see how current commander-in-chief of US military Trump and masters of last DGP would react to this unusual call by a military leader at a critical juncture when US air force has been engaged in wars in Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq etc and there have rising tensions with North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxITADfhXnk

'You Should Be Outraged,' Air Force Academy Head Tells Cadets About Racism On Campus

September 29, 2017
    The Air Force Academy draws people from all races, the superintendent said, and from all walks of life, all parts of the country, all genders and upbringings.
    "The power of that diversity comes together and makes us that much more powerful," Silveria said. "That's a much better idea than small thinking and horrible ideas."
    Toward the end of his address, Silveria said:

"Just in case you're unclear on where I stand on this topic, I'm going to leave you my most important thought today: If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, then you need to get out. If you can't treat someone from another gender, whether that's a man or a woman, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out. If you demean someone in any way, then you need to get out. And if you can't treat someone from another race, or different color skin, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out."

Those in the room listened in silence. To make sure his message was received and taken away, Silveria told cadets and others present to get out their phones and record it. Citing the need for the group to have moral courage and protect their institution's values, he then repeated his message: "If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, then get out."
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...acism-on-campu

Related

What's an Iraqi Life Worth?

Jul 9, 2006 - In Iraq, lives differ in value -- and so do deaths. In this disparity lies an important reason why the United States has botched this war. ... ...Michael R. Gordon and Gen. Bernard E. Trainor offer this ugly comment from a senior officer: "The only thing these sand ni***rs understand is force and I'm about to introduce them to it."Such crass language, redolent with racist, ethnocentric connotations, speaks volumes. These characterizations, like the use of "gooks" during the Vietnam War, dehumanize the Iraqis and in doing so tacitly permit the otherwise impermissible. Thus, Abu Ghraib and Haditha -- and too many regretted deaths, such as that of Nahiba Husayif Jassim.

As the war enters its fourth year, how many innocent Iraqis have died at American hands, not as a result of Haditha-like massacres but because of accidents and errors? The military doesn't know and, until recently, has publicly professed no interest in knowing. Estimates range considerably, but the number almost certainly runs in the tens of thousands. Even granting the common antiwar bias of those who track the Iraqi death toll -- and granting, too, that the insurgents have far more blood on their hands -- there is no question that the number of Iraqi noncombatants killed by U.S. forces exceeds by an order of magnitude the number of U.S. troops killed in hostile action, which is now more than 2,000.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...701155_pf.html

People of other races demeaned in Iraq by US tax payers funded personnel

The racism that fuels the 'war on terror'

Glenn Greenwald
    A new Gallup poll finds a majority of Americans oppose the drone-executions of US citizens on foreign soil. Then why do they support the Awlaki killing?
    The Denver-born American, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, killed by a US drone strike in Yemen at the age of 16 Photograph: Facebook memorial page
    Monday 25 March 2013
    A new Gallup poll released Monday morning has a surprising finding: a majority of Americans - while supporting air strikes in foreign countries against foreign nationals suspected of Terrorism - oppose such air strikes when used to target US citizens who are suspected Terrorists, whether at home or on foreign soil:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-terror-awlaki

Trump blasted as 'Bum-in-Chief,' 'racist' and 'Neanderthal,' and even more epic media bias

Fox News 9h ago

Afghanistan
    UK soldiers under investigation after they were photographed performing Nazi salute in Helmand

MPs' anger that gesture could be dismissed as 'Loyalist tribute'

• Picture believed to have been taken at an Army base in Helmand Province

26 October 2013

Bugsplats and Jackpots. US Military Drone Operators Enjoy Gamers' Delight
    Newsweek Sep 18, 2017

Obama's Weak Defense of His Record on Drone Killings
    His choices made unjust strikes predictable and inevitable—and with Donald Trump poised to take power, the precedents he set are all the more alarming.

Obama Years: A Violent Chapter in World History

"Every Time I Think About Those Kids It Gets Me Mad"

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...-15droneC1.png

Drone protesters block Hancock air base in DeWitt with bloody dollar signs; 7 arrested
    September 25, 2017
    Seven members of Upstate Drone Action were arrested Monday morning outside Hancock Air Force Base. Here is one of the signs protesters held to block the entrance of the air base.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is that creature standing behind him, and where have all the blacks gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

To paraphrase the Genrul's let me quote the Sky Marshal: We Can Ill Afford Another Klendathu

Just gtfo.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-30-2017 at 09:07 PM.

I'm sittin' here on the bench . . .

I mean I'm sittin' here on the Group W bench,

'Cause you want to know if I'm moral enough to join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' politically incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

It's a big bench.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

'Cause you want to know if I'm moral enough to join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' politically incorrect.
    You can bomb them motherfuckers till Jeebus sweeps in on his candy ass, but I will not tolerate political incorrectness in my Air Force!

This coming from a military leader responsible for training future war heroes could be very harmful for the morale.
    Another concern among war lobbies, neocons, media etc may be that he could become a hero of the anti-war movement.

Air Force General: "If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, then you need to get out."
    [IMG]https://static01.********/images/2015/10/04/world/SUB-JP-AFGHANISTAN/SUB-JP-AFGHANISTAN-master1050.jpg[/IMG]
    WikiLeaks has offered a reward of $50,000 for any footage or cockpit audio from the US warplane that bombed a Doctors Without Borders hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That message is more to us then anyone else. Telling them to get out is stupid because they can't they no longer are free and are property.
    So the Generals aren't free to leave? The commander-in-chief calls the shots do they? There are lots of moving parts to this war, and we need as many to break as possible. This 3 star dude probably never had skin in the game, so he can moan about huwite racism till he's Air Force blue in the face; the message is to the strategerists, spooks, and bureaucrats to gtfo.

@enhanced_deficit What are you talking about, a hero of the anti-war effort? I didn't hear him say anything towards that.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-01-2017 at 02:12 PM.

ragin, this part can easily be read as "anti-war" as it would be almost impossible to wage a war these days in mostly civilian population areas without not violating these directives from the general. Memes like above (DWB hospital bombing) could make these directives even more controversial.

"Just in case you're unclear on where I stand on this topic, I'm going to leave you my most important thought today: If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, then you need to get out. If you can't treat someone from another gender, whether that's a man or a woman, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out. If you demean someone in any way, then you need to get out. And if you can't treat someone from another race, or different color skin, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out."

I hope you haven't been.. littering
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    So the Generals aren't free to leave? The commander-in-chief calls the shots do they? There are lots of moving parts to this war, and we need as many to break as possible. This 3 star dude probably never had skin in the game, so he can moan about huwite racism till he's Air Force blue in the face; the message is to the strategerists, spooks, and bureaucrats to gtfo.
    What are you talking about?

nickers is right. The language is aimed at the public. To those cadets, it could be considered a sort of code, and they know exactly what it means. '...you need to get the hell out' could only mean 'you're risking a dishonorable discharge'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What are you talking about?

nickers is right. The language is aimed at the public. To those cadets, it could be considered a sort of code, and they know exactly what it means. '...you need to get the hell out' could only mean 'you're risking a dishonorable discharge'.
    Yeah, take a look at my previous posts, then ask me what the hell I'm talking about. Do I really need to explain why the veneer of political correctness among missile lobbers and drone operators is hypocrisy?

Cadet candidate found responsible for racist messages at USAFA Prep school

An investigation by the US Air Force Academy has determined an African-American cadet who reported a racist message outside their dorm room is the person responsible for the messages left on several message boards.
    As a result the cadet candidate is no longer at the Air Force Academy Preparatory School.
    The academy had reported 5 African-American cadet candidates found messages outside their dorm rooms on September 27 that read "go home (n-word)".
    News 5 learned about the issue via social media as a family member of an impacted cadet candidate sent in a photo.
    The Superintendent of the US Air Force Academy delivered a powerful speech to cadets the next day.
    "If you're outraged those words, then you are in the right place. That kind of behavior has no place at the Prep School, it has no place at USAFA, and it has no place in the United States Air Force," Lt Gen Jay Silveria, Superintendent of the US Air Force Academy, told students gathered for an assembly to address the issue.
    "If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect then you need to get out. If you can't treat someone from another gender, whether that is a man or woman, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out. If you demean someone in any way, then you need to get out. And if you can't treat someone from another race or different color skin with dignity or respect, then you need to get out," said Lt. General Silveria.
    The Preparatory School is made up of academy applicants who didn't receive an appointment, but are allowed to undergo a 10-month program to get them ready for possible transition into the Air Force Academy. Even upon completion of the program, members of the Preparatory School are not guaranteed an appointment to the Academy.
    The Air Force Academy Preparatory School is on the grounds of the Academy, away from the main cadet area.

http://www.koaa.com/story/36788200/c...fa-prep-school
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

So all his ranting and raving at "intolerant white kids" was for no reason and the whole thing was bull$#@! started by some black kid.

About $#@!ing right...don't know why any self respecting white kid would sign up for a polite form of indentured servitude in military service to "protect" people who hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Cadet candidate found responsible for racist messages at USAFA Prep school

An investigation by the US Air Force Academy has determined an African-American cadet who reported a racist message outside their dorm room is the person responsible for the messages left on several message boards.
    As a result the cadet candidate is no longer at the Air Force Academy Preparatory School.
    The academy had reported 5 African-American cadet candidates found messages outside their dorm rooms on September 27 that read "go home (n-word)".
    News 5 learned about the issue via social media as a family member of an impacted cadet candidate sent in a photo.
    The Superintendent of the US Air Force Academy delivered a powerful speech to cadets the next day.
    "If you're outraged those words, then you are in the right place. That kind of behavior has no place at the Prep School, it has no place at USAFA, and it has no place in the United States Air Force," Lt Gen Jay Silveria, Superintendent of the US Air Force Academy, told students gathered for an assembly to address the issue.
    "If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect then you need to get out. If you can't treat someone from another gender, whether that is a man or woman, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out. If you demean someone in any way, then you need to get out. And if you can't treat someone from another race or different color skin with dignity or respect, then you need to get out," said Lt. General Silveria.
    The Preparatory School is made up of academy applicants who didn't receive an appointment, but are allowed to undergo a 10-month program to get them ready for possible transition into the Air Force Academy. Even upon completion of the program, members of the Preparatory School are not guaranteed an appointment to the Academy.
    The Air Force Academy Preparatory School is on the grounds of the Academy, away from the main cadet area.

http://www.koaa.com/story/36788200/c...fa-prep-school

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Related:

Racist Graffiti Near Kansas State University Turns Out to Be Hoax

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/1...ut-to-be-hoax/

7 Nov 2017

A black Kansas man admitted he vandalized his own car with racist graffiti, according to a report from the Associated Press.

A photo of the graffitied vehicle was posted on Twitter on November 1. The car was defaced with messages such as “Go home, ni gger” “date your own kind,” and “whites only.” The user who posted the photos wrote that incidents like this are “expected.”

An emergency meeting of the Kansas State Black Students Union was called the evening that the graffiti was found. Kansas State administrators held a Facebook Live session with worried parents. The university increased their police patrols and the FBI opened an investigation into a possible hate crime.

On Monday, local police announced that 21-year-old Dauntarius Williams had admitted that he was responsible for the graffiti and that he was the owner of the vehicle.

Yeah, take a look at my previous posts, then ask me what the hell I'm talking about. Do I really need to explain why the veneer of political correctness among missile lobbers and drone operators is hypocrisy?
    Quite right... bombing & droning people is no way to treat them with dignity &/or respect... so we need to GTFO, eh?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

That's one way of looking at it. Other ways include Afghanistan and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, the ME is where empires go to die, the war on terror is just a massive narc operation, its unconstitutional to wage war w/o congress declaring one (establishing terms), etc. That our air force at once indiscriminately bomb civilians while assuming this public face of political correctness is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Quite right... bombing & droning people is no way to treat them with dignity &/or respect... so we need to GTFO, eh?
    Even if the catalyst behind above speech was bogus, the strongly worded speech may have already caused irreparable damage to future drone strikes/air raiding campiagns in freedom spread projects and undermined future deterrant tactics.
    Granted he does not appear to be grand-standing, what was this leader thinking when he gave such far reaching speech in a hurry to future military leaders with impressionable minds?

And if you can't treat someone from another race, or different color skin, with dignity and respect, then you need to get out.

That's one way of looking at it. Other ways include Afghanistan and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, the ME is where empires go to die, the war on terror is just a massive narc operation, its unconstitutional to wage war w/o congress declaring one (establishing terms), etc. That our air force at once indiscriminately bomb civilians while assuming this public face of political correctness is retarded.
    yeah well, unconstitutional wars is the new normal... & lately we've started to see the predicted blowback here at home... still unbelievable to me 'we the people' don't really seem to be much outraged about this... 16+yrs now ffs!

It's been normal since Korea 1 and looks like it will be until the constitutions formally shredded.

... or perhaps just incinerated at Korea 2.

The Air Force had no problems when it was part of the Army . Basically since then they have produced losing wars and Danke .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Air Force had no problems when it was part of the Army . Basically since then they have produced losing wars and Danke .
    The Army Air Corps was already tainted by the insane "Billy" Mitchell, he preferred an all bomber force without fighters and "strategic" war crime bombing to close air support, and he wore PINK pants with his custom uniform.

A fitting "father" of our Air Force as it is today, it's too bad the didn't clean out all his acolytes when they court-martialed him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment