Thread: Thomas Massie Introduces Bill To End The Department of Education

Thumbs up Thomas Massie Introduces Bill To End The Department of Education

Just released:

Rep. Massie Introduces Bill to Abolish Federal Department of Education

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Representative Thomas Massie announces that he has introduced H.R. 899, a bill to abolish the federal Department of Education. The bill, which is one sentence long, states, “The Department of Education shall terminate on December 31, 2022.”

"Unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. should not be in charge of our children’s intellectual and moral development," said Massie. "States and local communities are best positioned to shape curricula that meet the needs of their students. Schools should be accountable. Parents have the right to choose the most appropriate educational opportunity for their children, including home school, public school, or private school."

The Department of Education began operating in 1980. On September 24, 1981, in his Address to the Nation on the Program for Economic Recovery, President Ronald Reagan said, “As a third step, we propose to dismantle two Cabinet Departments, Energy and Education. Both Secretaries are wholly in accord with this. Some of the activities in both of these departments will, of course, be continued either independently or in other areas of government. There's only one way to shrink the size and cost of big government, and that is by eliminating agencies that are not needed and are getting in the way of a solution. Now, we don't need an Energy Department to solve our basic energy problem. As long as we let the forces of the marketplace work without undue interference, the ingenuity of consumers, business, producers, and inventors will do that for us. Similarly, education is the principal responsibility of local school systems, teachers, parents, citizen boards, and State governments. By eliminating the Department of Education less than 2 years after it was created, we cannot only reduce the budget but ensure that local needs and preferences, rather than the wishes of Washington, determine the education of our children.”

Original co-sponsors include Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN), Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC), Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA), Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC), and Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX).

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I support Massie and his bill
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I support Massie and his bill
    same here

Why? Democrats run DC. It will go nowhere. I agree with him but it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Maybe it can be presented again with a more favorable Congress in the future if it goes nowhere now.

If I have any pull with the universe at all, I wish nothing but the very best for Mr Massie and his loved ones.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

LMAO
    When gop had majority in both houses and trump was in the wh (
    January 3, 2015 – January 3, 2017 )
    Massie did nothing.
    He introduced this bill for the first time in february 2018 when dems had majority in house. It was dead on arrival.
    And now when dems have total control of fed gov Massie suddenly wants to abolish DoE again.
    Funny how he didn't want to abolish DoE when GOP had total control of fed gov.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ligant View Post
    LMAO
    Massie did nothing.
    He introduced this bill for the first time in february 2018 when dems had majority in house. It was dead on arrival.
    And now when dems have total control of fed gov Massie suddenly wants to abolish DoE again.
    Funny that you've only made 39 posts since Sept. 2015 but chose to jump in this discussion. Go $#@! yourself sock-puppet.

LMAO
    Massie did nothing.
    You are truly a dumbass. Trump won the 2016 election, which means he took his seat on Jan 20th, 2017. This was literally the first bill Massie introduced once Trump was inaugurated and the GOP controlled both houses.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ll/899?s=4&r=6

Shown Here:
    Introduced in House (02/07/2017)
    This bill terminates the Department of Education on December 31, 2018.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It is not very likely that The People or congress will embrace the ideas of smaller government when they aren't faced with repeated examples and opportunities of said concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Maybe it can be presented again with a more favorable Congress in the future if it goes nowhere now.
    With the way things are going right now we won't have a more favorable Congress.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What kind of hateful person who hates children would want to get rid of the Department of Education.

My guess is he's probably an anarchist / terrorist.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

LMAO... Massie did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Funny that you've only made 39 posts since Sept. 2015 but chose to jump in this discussion. Go $#@! yourself sock-puppet.

I also noticed Ligant's paid trolling. I haven't had the time to check it out, but I wonder if he's Influenza, the paid troll who was banned.

`
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Original co-sponsors include Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN), Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC), Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA), Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC), and Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX).

Every action starts with a thought and idea. Just get it out there. Then, add to the list of supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.