Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonial Pipeline Hacked

Colonial Pipeline Hacked

May 9, 2021

President Joe Biden was briefed on the incident Saturday morning and the federal government is working to avoid supply disruptions, according to a White House spokesperson.

“The federal government is working actively to assess the implications of this incident, avoid disruption to supply, and help the company restore pipeline operations as quickly as possible,” the spokesperson said.

Colonial operates the largest refined products pipeline in the U.S., transporting 100 million gallons or 2.5 million barrels per day, according to its website. Refined products include gas, diesel, home heating oil and jet fuel. The pipeline also supplies the U.S. military.

Colonial’s system spans over 5,500 miles between Texas and New Jersey, connecting refineries on the Gulf Coast to more than 50 million people in the southern and eastern U.S., according to the company.

Colonial Pipeline is privately held by five entities: CDPQ Colonial Partners, IFM (U.S.) Colonial Pipeline 2, KKR-Keats Pipeline Investors, Koch Capital Investments Company, and Shell Midstream Operating.

Federal response

The Biden administration in April announced a 100-day plan to protect the country’s electric system supply chain from cyberattacks amid growing concerns over how vulnerable the U.S. power supply is to cyber threats.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees interstate pipelines, said it is aware of the cyberattack and is monitoring the situation.

Full article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/08/colo...berattack.html

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speculation: Cyber Polygon getting a head start?

From “Event 201” to “Cyber Polygon”: The WEF’s Simulation of a Coming “Cyber Pandemic”

Is it time to nationalize/globalize everything on earth???

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Is it time to nationalize/globalize everything on earth???
    I'm quite sure the central planning globalists and Marxists think so.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

This was planned for months. I've got a heads up as long as 8 weeks ago, then again just last week I saw a public message
    on one of the boards saying it would happen, 4 days before it did.

They do it for a number of reasons. It's an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This was planned for months. I've got a heads up as long as 8 weeks ago, then again just last week I saw a public message
    on one of the boards saying it would happen, 4 days before it did.

They do it for a number of reasons. It's an inside job.
    So you're in tight with the terrorist responsible?

Reported.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

still running Critical systems on the most Insecure Crap Operating System on the planet.

script kiddies can crash that $#@!.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Rising gas prices not due to Biden admin. policies. It's those damned hackers, dontcha know?

Can anyone explain why gas pipeline controls have to be connected to the internet?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Can anyone explain why gas pipeline controls have to be connected to the internet?
    How else would the staff watch netflix from the control computers?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    So you're in tight with the terrorist responsible?

Reported.
    Dude. I'm talking about workers and truckers.

They ALL KNEW ahead of time.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Nope.
    Yep.

How else could they implement Post #2?

Plus what TheTexan said in Post #9.

I remember someone from a US government agency (don't remember which one) laughing at Russians running primitive computers with punch cards running some critical infrastructure. The Russians laughed it off, saying good luck remotely hacking our punch cards.

I remember someone from a US government agency (don't remember which one) laughing at Russians running primitive computers with punch cards running some critical infrastructure. The Russians laughed it off, saying good luck remotely hacking our punch cards.
    Which brings a point of clarification to mind…

I don’t mind technology at all and believe it can advance for the better. My beef is public-private ventures and multi-lateral agreements, which I referenced in another thread. Government is supposed to protect our freedoms, not collude and violate them on the tax payer dime. In a true free-market, the people would decide with their dollars winners and losers, not special interest/government.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Certainly, they don't have to, it's just cost effective to do it. Consider that a pipeline network has lots of control points and systems monitored needs to maintain operations. Your options are to either have someone stationed at each point (very expensive) or use technology for remote monitoring / control and only send people into the field when there is a need (maintenance, inspections, repairs, etc.)

Of course if you go the tech route you have to cover your cyber security needs.... not done here.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

I live in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. A lot of our gas stations are closed and traffic is backed up because there are lines extending into the roads from the few gas stations who are opened.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No suspects identified so far, Biden just said no evidence of Russian involvement.

Ransomware attack forces shutdown of largest fuel pipeline in the U.S.

Sat, May 8 2021

• Colonial Pipeline fell victim to a cybersecurity attack on Friday that involved ransomware, forcing it to temporarily shut down all pipeline operations.
    • Colonial transports nearly half of the East Coast’s fuel supply through a system that spans over 5,500 miles between Texas and New Jersey.
    • The pipeline transports gasoline, diesel, home heating oil and jet fuel. It also supplies the military.
    • Colonial said it has contacted law enforcement and other federal agencies and is working to restore service.
    • President Joe Biden was briefed on the incident Saturday morning, according to the White House.

Prices at the pump going up and other things prices as well.. will Congress act to minimize future risks for the public?

Ransomware: Call Centers Cold-Call Victims to Demand Ransom

Support Call Center Legislation
    Are you tired of big banks and corporations cutting costs by using overseas call centers? Not only do they put Americans out of work, but they put all of us at greater risk for identity theft. Overseas call center employees have been caught selling credit card numbers, mortgage information and even medical records.
    The United States Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act (S.1792 and H.R. 3219) solves this problem by making sure that the people who answer your customer service calls let you know where they are located and give you the option to be transferred to a U.S. based representative. It also stops rewarding companies that ship jobs overseas with federal loans and grants.
    Congress will only pass this common-sense legislation if their constituents care enough to let them know it is important.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Rising gas prices not due to Biden admin. policies. It's those damned hackers, dontcha know?
    That don't help..

and I suspect Collusion,, but ask Hunter.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Nice scapegoat for the massive inflation heading out way. Now Biden has a reason for the insane gas prices we were already seeing.

Who trusts the FBI anymore? Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I live in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. A lot of our gas stations are closed and traffic is backed up because there are lines extending into the roads from the few gas stations who are opened.
    Yeah, it's getting that way in middle GA. We went to top off the tanks tonight and just beat the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Who trusts the FBI anymore? Just sayin...
    Maybe if they weren't so busy investigating political opposition they could focus on these kinds of cyber-attacks. (I know I know, it isn't their purpose)
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    No suspects identified so far, Biden just said no evidence of Russian involvement.
    Biden is owned by the Russians!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Prices at the pump going up and other things prices as well.. will Congress act to minimize future risks for the public?

Ransomware: Call Centers Cold-Call Victims to Demand Ransom

When did we get to the point where we just blame Russians for everything? Hillary lost the election? Russians. The Last Jedi is getting bad reviews? Russians. Ransomeware attack? Let's see if Russians are behind it!

It's getting ridiculous, a bit like crying wolf at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    When did we get to the point where we just blame Russians for everything? Hillary lost the election? Russians. The Last Jedi is getting bad reviews? Russians. Ransomeware attack? Let's see if Russians are behind it!

It's getting ridiculous, a bit like crying wolf at this point.

Last year, the World Economic Forum teamed up with the Russian government and global banks to run a high-profile cyberattack simulation that targeted the financial industry, an actual event that would pave the way for a “reset” of the global economy. The simulation, named Cyber Polygon, may have been more than a typical planning exercise and bears similarities to the WEF-sponsored pandemic simulation Event 201 that briefly preceded the COVID-19 crisis.

The exercise comes several months after the WEF, the “international organization for public-private cooperation” that counts the world’s richest elite among its members, formally announced its movement for a Great Reset, which would involve the coordinated transition to a Fourth Industrial Revolution global economy in which human workers become increasingly irrelevant. This revolution, including its biggest proponent, WEF founder Klaus Schwab, has previously presented a major problem for WEF members and member organizations in terms of what will happen to the masses of people left unemployed by the increasing automation and digitalization in the workplace.

Continue to article:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...er-Pandemic%94

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Yeah, it's getting that way in middle GA. We went to top off the tanks tonight and just beat the crowd.
    Liars!

"Since the shutdown, there have been no long lines or major price hikes for gas."

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1392108492773810176
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Maybe if they weren't so busy investigating political opposition they could focus on these kinds of cyber-attacks. (I know I know, it isn't their purpose)
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Liars!

"Since the shutdown, there have been no long lines or major price hikes for gas."

Obviously, it’s important right now to rush down and fill up your tanks and every available gas can. That gas will be necessary to drive down to Walmart and get in line for toilet paper.

Step 1: Buy gas.
    Step 2: Buy toilet paper.
    Step 3: ?
    Step 4: Profit!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Liars!

Here it is, the 21st Century, and look who has more credibility...

The "Newspaper of Record", holder of 130 Pulitzers and publisher of "all the news that's fit to print" since 1851

. A couple of anonymous guys on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Liars!

Says newz writers that take the subway to work.

According to the FBI, the "criminal hacking group" DarkSide is responsible for the ransomware attack that caused the shut down of the Colonial Pipeline "as a precaution in response"?!?

According to Vice.com, DarkSide has cryptically appologised for the unintended problems.
    We are apolitical, we do not participate in geopolitics, do not need to tie us with a defined government and look for other our motives.
    https://archive.is/sABt8
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

The specific plan is to cause panic, have politicians announce “solutions”, and companies and the people get on board. This is how they are accomplishing their goal.

Best course of action: Do not panic. Do not rush out to stock up. When politicians announce their nationalist/globalist government solutions, tell them NO, it is a private business, it will be handled privately, on the company’s own dime.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast