View Poll Results: Should Rand, Ted, and Ron (et.al.) just let Trump cakewalk to 2024 Nom

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 100%.

5 20.83%
  • No ! That is pathetic.

19 79.17%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Rand, Ted, and Ron to just hand Trump the 2024 Nom ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Ron De Santis
    So one of these is not a natural born citizen and is not eligible for the office of president. Guess which one it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honestly we need Ron Desantis and Kristi Noem as Governors. The future is decentralization. As we have seen states starting to grow a backbone and use the 10th ammendment. Whether apart of some plan or just a coincidence.

Maybe having Trump back in wont be bad. He can kick back and drink Dt Cokes while the states function as they should.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    As we have seen states starting to grow a backbone and use the 10th amendment.
    What are some ways we've seen that in actual practice? I know that every once in a while we see a Republican governor try to toss some red meat to the states rights crowd, but it seems to me that it's always all talk and no action.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I don't think it's gonna be a matter of "letting" Trump do anything. He still has a ton of grassroots support. People get fired up just because someone posts a 30 second cellphone video of him hosting an event in Mar-a-lago. His supporters are as fervent as we were for Ron Paul at one time. Probably the only one who can draw a crowd like Trump might be DeSantis.

And anyone who opposes Trump, if he should run again, is going to get lumped in with the establishment by your average conservative voters.

That's just my prediction.
    Trump's "grassroots" support can be tested IF a substantial candidate vies for the nomination. But only IF that happens.
    This is why some people have some important decisions to make. I also don't agree with your contention that anyone who runs
    against him for the nomination would be seen as mainstream. They could very well be to the right of Trump.

Trump's "grassroots" support can be tested IF a substantial candidate vies for the nomination. But only IF that happens.
    This is why some people have some important decisions to make. I also don't agree with your contention that anyone who runs
    against him for the nomination would be seen as mainstream. They could very well be to the right of Trump.
    The thing is, a lot of Trump supporters believe they were cheated out of a 2nd term for 45. If he decides to run again, they're gonna expect the prophecy to be fulfilled, so to speak, and his supporters didn't just up and evaporate, contrary to the hopes of leftists and Rockefeller republicans.

I like DeSantis but if Trump is running for a 2nd time, I don't think it's likely he will challenge him, and the rest of the contenders are just betas.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The thing is, a lot of Trump supporters believe they were cheated out of a 2nd term for 45. If he decides to run again, they're gonna expect the prophecy to be fulfilled, so to speak, and his supporters didn't just up and evaporate, contrary to the hopes of leftists and Rockefeller republicans.

I like DeSantis but if Trump is running for a 2nd time, I don't think it's likely he will challenge him, and the rest of the contenders are just betas.
    And people like me.

Trump is a Globalist NY Lib. Who completely understands how to implement Fascism.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    And people like me.

Trump is a Globalist NY Lib. Who completely understands how to implement Fascism.
    I'm just saying. You find a nominee who can inspire people like this and you've got the guy who can beat Trump.

I don't see one. Not in the republican party, not in the democrat party, not in the libertarian party.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I'm just saying. You find a nominee who can inspire people like this and you've got the guy who can beat Trump.

I don't see one. Not in the republican party, not in the democrat party, not in the libertarian party.
    As we've seen though, you can beat Trump with a candidate who can't do that too.

Trump's followers are zealous, that's true. But there aren't enough of those zealous Trump followers to win a nationwide election. He needs the votes of a lot of normal people who don't have that enthusiasm for him. And for every one person who loves Trump, there are two that hate him and will vote for the other guy just to see Trump lose.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

They will never let the likes of Ron Paul anywhere near the presidency. No matter how conservative one may sound, no matter how much support they may garner, they must first pass the Clinton/Bush/Obama/Trump Test in order to attain the WH.

Work local. Help educate. Save your money. You’ll need it after the Great Reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    As we've seen though, you can beat Trump with a candidate who can't do that too..
    If you're planning to cheat I suppose. A lot of the tactics used by the left to flip red states won't work in 2024. For example, a new Florida law requires mail-in ballots to be reported and accounted for hourly on election night, so there's no holding out reporting until 3 AM when you see how many votes you need to win. Mid-term elections in 2022 may end up making it nearly impossible for democrats to pull stunts like they did last November.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you're planning to cheat I suppose. A lot of the tactics used by the left to flip red states won't work in 2024. For example, a new Florida law requires mail-in ballots to be reported and accounted for hourly on election night, so there's no holding out reporting until 3 AM when you see how many votes you need to win. Mid-term elections in 2022 may end up making it nearly impossible for democrats to pull stunts like they did last November.
    But Trump won Florida already with the old law.
    Ron Paul

But Trump won Florida already with the old law.
    No sh1t.

But there's nothing preventing other states from using FL SB 90 as a template.

Personally I would love to see all precincts report at the same time. None of this waiting to see what cards other people have in their hand before you decide whether or not you need to pull those 4 aces out of your sleeve.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

No sh1t.

But there's nothing preventing other states from using FL SB 90 as a template.

Personally I would love to see all precincts report at the same time. None of this waiting to see what cards other people have in their hand before you decide whether or not you need to pull those 4 aces out of your sleeve.
    Nothing aside from the fact that Democrat governors won't sign the bill.
    Ron Paul

When Trump/Biden win: We lose.

De Santis is a relative newcomer. He's young and was supported by AIPAC crowd. He is not dissimilar to Cruz, although perhaps he is less of a grandstander. Regardless, both of them fell in with Trump pretty quickly, and in Cruz's case, considering the insults from Trump, and the fact that he almost beat Trump, is very suspicious.

In my estimation, Cruz may have always been a sellout, or more of a big talker but deep down, no different than
    Mike Huckabee or Mike Pompeo. You know, the same Pompeo and his ILK - who unabashedly carry the water for Rothschild Inc.

For example, just yesterday, Pompeo (this make the headlines on Fox) - says Al-Queda's new base of operation is Iran.

To anyone with a working knowledge of the Middle East that is such a ridiculous lie as to thoroughly expose and decredit one who makes it, but, unfortunately, over 90% of Republican voters have zero knowledge about the Middle East, or much of anything for that matter. Half of them still think Russia is communist and Xi is another Mao, and that Wall Street is our loving rich uncle.

So, there's the skinny on De Santis and Cruz. They won't run against Trump. Zero chance that happens. Next, we've got Rand. Again, Rand fell in line with Trump. This speaks more about the largesse of Trump's handlers than it does about some svengali powers Trump himself has. Rand is unlikely to run against Trump, and would lose anyway. Whether one suspects Rand's bonafides are as good as his father's or not, one thing Rand does better is maintain political standing in the GOP. To what extent that effort is worthwhile is debatable.

The next group of actual contenders are either too young and not nationally known, or are in the Romney/Cheney variety of Trump resisters, making them potentially worse than another term of Trump himself. Still, I am not even entirely convinced they are truly worse.

Without turning a post into a book, let it be said, that although I recognize Trump did "some" good things, those things are more-or-less
    necessary just for him to hold on to his base. This makes him no different than the Bushes. Trump is all brand and charisma. I don't have anything good to say about his presidency other than Amy Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh, and some pro-life moves. All the rest is corruption and deceit. It also looks like Gorsuch is a liberal in the vein of Roberts, another fraud. If anyone wants to contradict my views on Trump, be aware that I will successfully refute anything you say with facts. Facts matter.

There is no way I would vote for Trump again, or anyone in his circle (the thought of Don Jr. or Ivanka becoming politicians nauseates me). I did not vote for him in 2020. I chose to vote for a new party, albeit with no chance. Just like other elections where I could not approve of the Republican candidate's actual actions in office (McCain), or their family ties (GWB).

There is no reason to even waste time paying attention to the American political landscape. It is thoroughly without hope for people who think like most of us in this forum. Long ago now, I mean decades, I stopped believing our form of government is capable of being anything more than a tool for the global nouveau-elites (not so nouveau anymore) to work their magic on transforming human destiny according to their own wishes - a conspiracy in all the deepest sense of that term, against which no POTUS since J.F.K. has had the courage to confront.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-05-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Remember when De Santis and Noem endorsed Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012?

Neither do I.
    Ron Paul

I did not vote for him in 2020. I chose to vote for a new party, albeit with no chance.
    Kanye West?

That's the only candidate from a new party that I heard anything about in 2020.
    Ron Paul

Kanye West?

That's the only candidate from a new party that I heard anything about in 2020.
    American Solidarity Party.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=american+s...&t=ffsb&ia=web

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball
    De Santis is a relative newcomer. He's young and was supported by AIPAC crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    DeSantis 2024!
    Yeah we surely need another Vatican foot soldier "PR guy" in the WH. That has been working out so well, so far. It's been a steady string of them since at least Kennedy...

Stop looking for someone to lead you. These "PR guys" are groomed and set up for the position years in advance. If they're given media time and attention they are controlled. How hard is it for people to understand this and stop looking for some politician to save them??? DeSantis is being engineered into the collective conservative consciousness with his "anti-establishment" covid stances. Pretty easy to drop all the mandates and look like the new hero when the mandates were based on a hoax in the first place.

Does the ability to gather a big crowd and create a fanatical fan base really matter if the leader's accomplishments are things like spinning the globalist NAU treaty into a "win" for conservatives and libertarians, while signing somewhere around $20T in debt spending during the 4 year term, among the laundry list of other unconservative items spun the last 4 years? What good is enthusiasm if all it translates to is getting people to support things they otherwise would not support? It's nothing more than mass mind control, aided by a media engineered popularity and massive online shill operations.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-05-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I find it highly unlikely at this point that Trump will be on a GOP primary ballot. Even if he won I cant picture him risking losing to biden again .
    Why not?

There's a colossal amount of money to be made by campaigning.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Does the ability to gather a big crowd and create a fanatical fan base really matter if the leader's accomplishments are things like spinning the globalist NAU treaty into a "win" for conservatives and libertarians, while signing somewhere around $20T in debt spending during the 4 year term, among the laundry list of other unconservative items spun the last 4 years? What good is enthusiasm if all it translates to is getting people to support things they otherwise would not support? It's nothing more than mass mind control, aided by a media engineered popularity and massive online shill operations.
    To that effect, no, it doesn't do any good, but typically if you want to motivate people to support things they should be supporting, it helps tremendously to have someone up front who knows how to work a crowd. That's just the way it is. The majority of people (i.e. those who decide elections) look for leaders. Always have, always will, forever and ever, amen.

And I stand by my statement, that there's practically no prospects at the moment who can do that. If you wanna keep Trump off the 2024 ticket, find someone who is principled but rivals his charisma. Pickings are pretty slim so I'd start looking for that person, yesterday. Otherwise, don't be surprised if he gets lifted up by the crowd and carried back into the White House.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Does the ability to gather a big crowd and create a fanatical fan base really matter if the leader's accomplishments are things like spinning the globalist NAU treaty into a "win" for conservatives and libertarians, while signing somewhere around $20T in debt spending during the 4 year term, among the laundry list of other unconservative items spun the last 4 years?
    Yes. All those things make him more likely to occupy the WH again, not less.

What good is enthusiasm if all it translates to is getting people to support things they otherwise would not support? It's nothing more than mass mind control, aided by a media engineered popularity and massive online shill operations.
    That's how elections are won.

I'm not saying I think he'll win. But the points you raise don't make it any less likely.
    Ron Paul

YStop looking for someone to lead you. These "PR guys" are groomed and set up for the position years in advance. If they're given media time and attention they are controlled. How hard is it for people to understand this and stop looking for some politician to save them??? DeSantis is being engineered into the collective conservative consciousness with his "anti-establishment" covid stances. Pretty easy to drop all the mandates and look like the new hero when the mandates were based on a hoax in the first place.

This is should be a stickied post at the top of the forum. Every forum on the right for that matter.

I can see when someone who is young and it takes going through few elections cycles to learn their lesson. There is however no excuse for everyone else not to see this unless they are allowing themselves to be brainwashed by their favorite pundits without question. All too often it seems people are shutting their long term memory off since they want to be part of the team regardless of facts or history so they can feel good about being part of something. Others simply do not even realize they are being conditioned by the news media which has caused them to shut their logic center off.

If anyone wants to change anything these habits and conditioning in people must be identified and broken. It is like a powerful drug that they must be weaned off from.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Whatever stops commies. I don't care what. That's what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Whatever stops commies. I don't care what. That's what's coming.
    In my long and dangerous life full of poor choices and hard lessons I have found only one way to actually stop commies.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In my long and dangerous life full of poor choices and hard lessons I have found only one way to actually stop commies.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oyarde again.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stop looking for someone to lead you. These "PR guys" are groomed and set up for the position years in advance. If they're given media time and attention they are controlled. How hard is it for people to understand this and stop looking for some politician to save them??? DeSantis is being engineered into the collective conservative consciousness with his "anti-establishment" covid stances. Pretty easy to drop all the mandates and look like the new hero when the mandates were based on a hoax in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This is should be a stickied post at the top of the forum. Every forum on the right for that matter.

I can see when someone who is young and it takes going through few elections cycles to learn their lesson. There is however no excuse for everyone else not to see this unless they are allowing themselves to be brainwashed by their favorite pundits without question. All too often it seems people are shutting their long term memory off since they want to be part of the team regardless of facts or history so they can feel good about being part of something. Others simply do not even realize they are being conditioned by the news media which has caused them to shut their logic center off.

If anyone wants to change anything these habits and conditioning in people must be identified and broken. It is like a powerful drug that they must be weaned off from.

+Rep for both of you.

I second that motion.

This poll shouldn't be anonymous. We should get to see who the trolls are.
    This is interesting. Most people who support Trump are vocal. We already know who they are. Those who support Democratic candidates hide their true identities. There is a reason for this.

Trump supporters on this forum are usually for free speech, gun right, etc. They believe that Trump was the best candidate for this. Someone may argue that they are misguided, but I don't think anyone would argue whether they are sincere.

People who are pro-democratic party candidates, such as you and others, are very secretive of not only who they support, but also what they actually stand for. In fact the only supported "libertarian" stance is usually for open borders to allow a flood of people who stand against free speech, the right to bear arms, and other fundamental issues.

Are you truly confused who the trolls are?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This is interesting. Most people who support Trump are vocal. We already know who they are. Those who support Democratic candidates hide their true identities. There is a reason for this.

Trump supporters on this forum are usually for free speech, gun right, etc. They believe that Trump was the best candidate for this. Someone may argue that they are misguided, but I don't think anyone would argue whether they are sincere.

People who are pro-democratic party candidates, such as you and others, are very secretive of not only who they support, but also what they actually stand for. In fact the only supported "libertarian" stance is usually for open borders to allow a flood of people who stand against free speech, the right to bear arms, and other fundamental issues.

Are you truly confused who the trolls are?
    Who do you believe are the pro-democratic folks?

AFAIC, anybody who supports Trump, wants to see him run again, believe he was the best Republican in ages… those folks are the democratic left hiding in the closet.

Trump is a Globalist-Fascist NY LIB

And for the record, I am not a freedom to travel freely restrictionist. The pressure should be on and repeated over again to stop the “documentation” which allows them access to .gov programs. The ones shilling for walls on the tax payer dime, .gov eminent domain, elimination of protected private property and contract rights, they are the fascist-leftist-socialist-commie bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Who do you believe are the pro-democratic folks?
    Do you think Zippy or The Count are conservative or libertarian? InvisibleMan under another sock claimed to prefer Hilary in 2016 and I can think of nothing that she stood for that anyone on this forum would agree with. Then there are "anarchist" who have never posted support for free speech, right to bear arms, etc., but only speak up for open borders for flooding our country with people who vote against these issues.

AFAIC, anybody who supports Trump, wants to see him run again, believe he was the best Republican in ages… those folks are the democratic left hiding in the closet.
    How so? At worst they are naive. They usually speak highly of him because they believe that he is the best option for libertarian values.The worst I can say is that they are naive, but they are very open about where they stand, unlike the Democrats on the forum.

The Democrats on the forum are ambiguous. In fact, the Invisible Man will probably ask me to show where he said such in such. However, most people on this forum would never be challaenged in such a way because most people are not as ambiguous as the so-called anarchists.
    Last edited by RJB; 05-05-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast