Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If America went totalitarian, where would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Do I sound sour?
    Well saying that everyone in a town is hostile and inbred is kind of blanket statement from one encounter. But honestly, this is going way off-topic lol.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Sofia gets her way and North America in general falls that direction, I suppose Chile and Paraguay would welcome Americans with some sort of marketable skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Well saying that everyone in a town is hostile and inbred is kind of blanket statement from one encounter. But honestly, this is going way off-topic lol.
    Have you ever heard of the "Hutterites"?
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

Have you ever heard of the "Hutterites"?
    They are kind of like the Amish but around Montana. I have seen them in Livingston, MT, and they seem to be an okay sort.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    They are kind of like the Amish but around Montana. I have seen them in Livingston, MT, and they seem to be an okay sort.
    Very nice people. But, they don't marry outside of their group and they were having problems with their kids being hemophiliacs, so they paid male Bozeman college students to have sex with their young women to bring in new blood.
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

Very nice people. But, they don't marry outside of their group and they were having problems with their kids being hemophiliacs, so they paid male Bozeman college students to have sex with their young women to bring in new blood.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

So they are inbred but not stupid inbred. They have the wherewithal to figure out the problem and do something about it without accepting outsiders.

BTW, is their offer still available? j/k

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    So they are inbred but not stupid inbred. They have the wherewithal to figure out the problem and do something about it without accepting outsiders.

BTW, is their offer still available? j/k
    I'm not sure. Are you a good kisser?

I'm not sure. Are you a good kisser?
    not if you look like Janet Reno.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    If America went totalitarian, where would you go?

to War.
    It's not really funny if you think about it, but that made me laugh.
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

False. From what I've gathered this has been a constant story told in various ways in communities that live near Hutterite colonies.

It's a stereotype really. It's like how when someone mentions mormons, the first thing anyone says is "lol, he has tons of wives I bet".

http://www.hutteriteblog.com/2007/04...lege-boys.html

The problem is that the Hutterites are largely isolationist, so they don't really have much of a chance to deny this.
    Last edited by Vessol; 12-05-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Arrr, Lads ill have t' gi'e up my dream o' ha'in' a farmery and a hot wifey and lots o' babies and head t' the sea A pence for an old man o'de sea?
    To the Carribean of course me cabin boy
    Arrr, t' becomes a pirate
    always been facsinated by piracy Garrrrrrr.
    Last edited by Dripping Rain; 12-05-2010 at 03:39 AM.
    Thanks liberty Eagle
    I am a mid-west farmer, I make a livin' off the land,
    I ride a John Deere tractor, I'm a liberated man.
    But the rain it hasn't fallen, since the middle of July,
    And if it don't come soon my crops will die.
    The bank man says he likes me, but there's nothin' he can do
    He tells me that he's comin' but the clouds are comin' too.
    He ain't my friend:
    And I'll ride again

Veteran of the Bloody battle of NPR
    Valor
    http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...rs/badge16.jpg

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    False. From what I've gathered this has been a constant story told in various ways in communities that live near Hutterite colonies.

It's a stereotype really. It's like how when someone mentions mormons, the first thing anyone says is "lol, he has tons of wives I bet".

http://www.hutteriteblog.com/2007/04...lege-boys.html

The problem is that the Hutterites are largely isolationist, so they don't really have much of a chance to deny this.
    Your link seems to have a redirect problem in Firefox. This one points to the same thing without the redirect issue:

http://www.hutteriteblog.com/2007/04...ys-hutterites/
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    There are no more "new worlds".

If we want to preserve freedom and liberty, and give the human race any hope of re-discovering the raw power of the unrestrained individual, then this is where we have to make our stand.
    I agree, live free or die. Tired of running. But there is more than one way to make a stand, doesn't necessarily have to be violent. But it may very well come to that I guess. Let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by raiha View Post
    Not joking.
    It is not something I wish for. Just the opposite. It is something I hope can be avoided

Certainly not something I joke about.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by raiha View Post
    The war is currently underway, if you are one of the adherents of William Lind's 4GW theory.

"In broad terms, fourth generation warfare seems likely to be widely dispersed and largely undefined; the distinction between war and peace will be blurred to the vanishing point. It will be nonlinear, possibly to the point of having no definable battlefields or fronts. The distinction between "civilian" and "military" may disappear. Actions will occur concurrently throughout all participants' depth, including their society as a cultural, not just a physical, entity. Major military facilities, such as airfields, fixed communications sites, and large headquarters will become rarities because of their vulnerability; the same may be true of civilian equivalents, such as seats of government, power plants, and industrial sites (including knowledge as well as manufacturing industries). Success will depend heavily on effectiveness in joint operations as lines between responsibility and mission become very blurred. Again, all these elements are present in third generation warfare; fourth generation will merely accentuate them."

The current battlespace is here:

"Psychological operations may become the dominant operational and strategic weapon in the form of media/information intervention. Logic bombs and computer viruses, including latent viruses, may be used to disrupt civilian as well as military operations. Fourth generation adversaries will be adept at manipulating the media to alter domestic and world opinion to the point where skillful use of psychological operations will sometimes preclude the commitment of combat forces. A major target will be the enemy population's support of its government and the war. Television news may become a more powerful operational weapon than armored divisions."

In summary - conflict occurs across the spectrum, not limited by location, and features a number of actors, with one side on the conflict (usually the side motivated by belief and not the state attempting to maintain control of territory) having a number of entities participating not under a central authority.

The military target is the legitimacy of your opponent to govern. Success consists of actions which decrease that legitimacy in the mind of the population.
    Last edited by Pericles; 12-05-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Interested in hearing some of your ideas or plans. Where would you go and what would you do? What countries do you think hypothetically would be welcoming to American refugees?

Should the question read "Since the US has become totalitarian what should we do ?"

Grab my Guns, Girlfriend, and dog and move up in the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Should the question read "Since the US has become totalitarian what should we do ?"
    qft!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    since i'm learning arabic, and my family owns a home in morocco, that would be the first stop.

however, i'd probably eventually wind up in Switzerland; i love guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    +rep

There's nowhere to run to, boys, nowhere to hide.

The handful of countries, that are not already worse off than we are in the world, would shut their doors so quick it would make your head spin.

It's make a stand here and stop this $#@! now, or resign ourselves and our posterity to a thousand years of a totalitarian, new world order, dark age, where any concept of freedom, as we understand it, will cease to exist.

Agree 100%. We must stop this Bull$#@! right now!!!!!!!!!!

BTW where is that Pic in your sig from? I know I have seen it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    +rep

There's nowhere to run to, boys, nowhere to hide.

The handful of countries, that are not already worse off than we are in the world, would shut their doors so quick it would make your head spin.

It's make a stand here and stop this $#@! now, or resign ourselves and our posterity to a thousand years of a totalitarian, new world order, dark age, where any concept of freedom, as we understand it, will cease to exist.
    Eight years later, I stand by this.

If pushed, top five choices are Switzerland, Finland, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    The current battlespace is here:

"Psychological operations may become the dominant operational and strategic weapon in the form of media/information intervention. Logic bombs and computer viruses, including latent viruses, may be used to disrupt civilian as well as military operations. Fourth generation adversaries will be adept at manipulating the media to alter domestic and world opinion to the point where skillful use of psychological operations will sometimes preclude the commitment of combat forces. A major target will be the enemy population's support of its government and the war. Television news may become a more powerful operational weapon than armored divisions."

In summary - conflict occurs across the spectrum, not limited by location, and features a number of actors, with one side on the conflict (usually the side motivated by belief and not the state attempting to maintain control of territory) having a number of entities participating not under a central authority.

The military target is the legitimacy of your opponent to govern. Success consists of actions which decrease that legitimacy in the mind of the population.
    And that as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123