Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam Vet Kills Home Intruder After Epic Fight

Vietnam Vet Kills Home Intruder After Epic Fight

Last edited by TywinLannister; 02-26-2013 at 02:51 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have to love our news media outlets. A guy breaks into a house, bashes the home owner in the head with the home owner's shotgun to the point the home owner has to get staples in his head, the home owner is able to get a revolver and shoots the guy dead in his house...and the news media lets us know "Police haven't said anything about possible charges in the case" like that's a bad thing.

Brave New World.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Good for him! Protecting his home and his life.

I like what one of the commenters posted "The only charge should be to the intruder's estate for a new door."
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Why didn't this guy get his due process???

The only charge should be to the intruder's estate for a new door

I vote YES!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Are you serious?

He should have called 911!
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Are you serious?
    Isn't that what people said about Dorner, conveniently ignoring his own actions?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Isn't that what people said about Dorner, conveniently ignoring his own actions?
    Two different situations. Here is private citizen v home intruder who was in the act of assaulting the homeowner with a deadly weapon. Dorner situation is completely different. He was targeted to be killed looong after his crimes were comitted. Police shouldnt have that power.

But you are damn crazy to suggest a person cant defend themselves from an ongoing assault. There is no due process if you are bashing me in the head.

Wtf, why did i even have to say all that?

Are you serious?
    I was being sarcastic.

Good thing the VA didn't list him on NICS and have the ATF confiscate his weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    You have to love our news media outlets. A guy breaks into a house, bashes the home owner in the head with the home owner's shotgun to the point the home owner has to get staples in his head, the home owner is able to get a revolver and shoots the guy dead in his house...and the news media lets us know "Police haven't said anything about possible charges in the case" like that's a bad thing.

Brave New World.
    The piece was positive.

If you're going to criticize the media you should understand inverted pyramid style.

The last things mentioned should always the least important, in this case potential charges against the home owner, because it is highly unlikely he did any wrongdoing. I would of done it the same way.
    Last edited by VoluntaryAmerican; 02-26-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Pretty good thread on this at RevBox with all the details in off topic titled a friend shot and killed intruder.

Kind of highlights the fact that in close quarters, a long gun might not be the best tool for the job.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

I prefer a tomahawk for close in work.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Kind of highlights the fact that in close quarters, a long gun might not be the best tool for the job.
    Always a bad day if someone gets between you and the end of your long weapon.

Are you serious?
    No. Just trolling as usual.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Exactly. Guy should have used a drone instead of a gun.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Always a bad day if someone gets between you and the end of your long weapon.
    Only if you don't know how to immediately transition into a horizontal butt-stroke.

No charges will be filed. We passed HB650 in 2011 which was signed into law, creating real Castle Doctrine in NC. This gentleman is in no danger whatsoever.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    The piece was positive.

If you're going to criticize the media you should understand inverted pyramid style.

The last things mentioned should always the least important, in this case potential charges against the home owner, because it is highly unlikely he did any wrongdoing. I would of done it the same way.
    I don't think that you understand what is called "the takeway".

It is "the message that viewers are left with", and this is how the corporate news propagandizes the masses.

oklahoma?
    got relatives in del city. some cherokees.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Cold Steel War Club

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Phil4Paul knows this gentleman personally, I hear.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Yes this individual is my friend, Glen. Paul is recovering well and is an ornery old goat.

They released the name of intruder on Tuesday and a quick google search got me this info.... Which I will repost from http://www.revolutionbox.org/Thread-...ntruder?page=2

http://www.wcnc.com/news/neighborhood-ne...76365.html

ETA: What the hell.For some reason this page has since been removed......

[IMG]http://media.wcnc.com/images/470*264/Villareal+and+Jordan+arrest+3-15.jpg[/IMG]

Neighbor helps police arrest 2 men in TV theft

LINCOLNTON, N.C. – A neighbor is being credited with helping Lincolnton police arrest a pair of men who allegedly stole a TV.
    Police say the neighbor saw two men break into a home in the 1900 block of Pleasant Grove Church Road in Crouse Wednesday morning.
    “The neighbor saw the two men drive their SUV behind the neighbor’s home and went to investigate.
    He saw the men put a 32-inch flat screen TV in their vehicle and speed away from the scene,” the police report states.
    That neighbor quickly called police and gave a description of the car the two men left the scene in, and Lincolnton police pulled over a burgundy Ford Explorer where the alleged stolen television was found.
    Jonathan Lamar Jordan, 31, and Walter Villarreal, 23, of Hickory were arrested and charged with one felony count each of breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possession of stolen goods.
    “It’s good to have people that care about their neighbors,” said Lincoln County Sheriff David Carpenter.
    Jordan and Villarreal were placed at the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center under separate $30,000 secured bonds.

ETA: It gets even worse. What the hell was this guy doing out of prison less than a year with these priors?

"According to the North Carolina Department of Correction’s records, Jordan had a nearly three-year prison stay for felony breaking and entering and felony possession of a firearm by a felon in Vance County in 2007. He was convicted of felony larceny in Warren County two years earlier and common law robbery in the same county in 2003."

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/?p=49578

2003: Common law robbery.
    2005: Felony larceny.
    2007: Felony breaking and entering and felony possession of a firearm by a felon.
    2012: Felony count of breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possession of stolen goods.
    2013: Attempted felony larceny, assault with a deadly weapon. DECEASED.

ETA: The police still have his guns and cell phone. He has bought a new phone. Still looking for a new sidearm. He went to one pawn and they refused to sell to him because of the noteriety. Many gun supporters mad at the pawn store now. Several individuals and institutions have stepped forward to help pay for the purchase of a side arm. As it stands he is not unarmed, friends don't let friends go unarmed, just looking for his own.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-03-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    2003: Common law robbery.
    2005: Felony larceny.
    2007: Felony breaking and entering and felony possession of a firearm by a felon.
    2012: Felony count of breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possession of stolen goods.
    2013: Attempted felony larceny, assault with a deadly weapon. DECEASED.
    Some guys don't know how to get up and walk away from the table, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

ETA: The police still have his guns and cell phone. He has bought a new phone. Still looking for a new sidearm. He went to one pawn and they refused to sell to him because of the noteriety. Many gun supporters mad at the pawn store now. Several individuals and institutions have stepped forward to help pay for the purchase of a side arm. As it stands he is not unarmed, friends don't let friends go unarmed, just looking for his own.
    What complete crap, what gives them the right to take his firearm much less his dam phone? "Many gun supporters mad at the pawn store now" No kidding, punish the victim.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Some guys don't know how to get up and walk away from the table, it seems.
    Apparently. And as yet I have not seen a newsprint account of Jordan's arrest record in any follow up articles. However, they do like to reiterate "Police are still investigating and the D.A. will decide if any charges will be filed in the shooting."

I can honestly say that there had better not or it will open a can of worms. Some D.A. or judge is going to have to answer why this individual was out of prison to attempt to rob Paul less than a year after the last felony conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What complete crap, what gives them the right to take his firearm much less his dam phone? "Many gun supporters mad at the pawn store now" No kidding, punish the victim.
    Yes. Punish the victim. The police have told them it could take up to two months for the police investigation and D.A. review.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast