Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CA - White woman calls cops on black family BBQing in a "prohibited area"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actually I posted the rules of the dorm, did you fail to read that post?
    I read it. But unlike you I understood the rules especially as applied. The person the police were called on was not a guest. She was a student.

Common areas are for (SPECIFIC PURPOSES LISTED) - sleeping is not on the list. Specifically, guests who stay at the dorm cannot sleep in the common area.
    She wasn't a guest. She was a student. And specifically it was her dorm.

They may leave some room for people studying who fall asleep while studying accidentally, but sleeping is not listed as an activity that takes place in the common areas and they said that common areas can only be used for specific purposes. The girl claims she was writing a paper. Great, then she should have woken up and went back to her room. Students are always writing papers. You can't just sleep in the common areas all the time. That is definitely against the rules.
    Nope. Not all against the rules. It was her dorm's common area. She wasn't a guest. She knew that. The police knew that. Yale university knew that. Only you and the stupid lady that called the cops didn't know that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @dannno Here is the story from Fox News, just in case you think CNN is making the facts up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/09...yale-dorm.html
    Lynn Cooley, the dean of Yale's graduate school of arts and sciences, sent an email to graduate students Tuesday telling them that Siyonbola had every right to be in the building and inviting them to share their concerns about the incident.

So...why do you keep arguing a "fact" that is in fact not true?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I read it. But unlike you I understood the rules especially as applied. The person the police were called on was not a guest. She was a student.

She wasn't a guest. She was a student. And specifically it was her dorm.

Nope. Not all against the rules. It was her dorm's common area. She wasn't a guest. She knew that. The police knew that. Yale university knew that. Only you and the stupid lady that called the cops didn't know that.
    What the $#@! is wrong with your reading comprehension? Why do you make me repeat $#@! like 50 times?

I know she wasn't a guest, but the rules say common areas are for (specific purposes listed) - Sleeping is not a specific purpose that was listed.

If a student started sleeping in the common area on a regular basis, they would be breaking the rules and the dorms would ask them to stop, because it is against the rules.. If they fell asleep accidentally studying once in a while it likely wouldn't be a problem.

If you look up other colleges and Universities, it is very common for them to say that sleeping is not allowed in common areas - which gets back to my next point - if a white person gets the rules wrong, it doesn't make them racist. You are making a non-argument. Even if sleeping was allowed in that common area, if the girl thought it was against the rules and she calls the cops that doesn't make her racist. She would have called the cops if there was a shady white person sleeping in the common area too.

The point is this is all being made about race, but NONE of the people calling the cops are racist. They are just calling the cops because rules are being broken and they fear for their safety of enforcing them themselves.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

@dannno Here is the story from Fox News, just in case you think CNN is making the facts up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/09...yale-dorm.html
    Lynn Cooley, the dean of Yale's graduate school of arts and sciences, sent an email to graduate students Tuesday telling them that Siyonbola had every right to be in the building and inviting them to share their concerns about the incident.

So...why do you keep arguing a "fact" that is in fact not true?
    Again.. reading COMPREHENSION is very important..

She had a right to be in the building, but she was technically breaking the rules by sleeping in the common area - and now Lynn Cooley is trying to stop the low IQ bull$#@! progressive hammer from coming down on her and the University by saying a bunch of appeasing bull$#@! like Starbucks did.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What the $#@! is wrong with your reading comprehension? Why do you make me repeat $#@! like 50 times?

I know she wasn't a guest, but the rules say common areas are for (specific purposes listed) - Sleeping is not a specific purpose that was listed.

If a student started sleeping in the common area on a regular basis, they would be breaking the rules and the dorms would ask them to stop, because it is against the rules.. If they fell asleep accidentally studying once in a while it likely wouldn't be a problem.

If you look up other colleges and Universities, it is very common for them to say that sleeping is not allowed in common areas - which gets back to my next point - if a white person gets the rules wrong, it doesn't make them racist. You are making a non-argument. Even if sleeping was allowed in that common area, if the girl thought it was against the rules and she calls the cops that doesn't make her racist. She would have called the cops if there was a shady white person sleeping in the common area too.

The point is this is all being made about race, but NONE of the people calling the cops are racist. They are just calling the cops because rules are being broken and they fear for their safety of enforcing them themselves.
    Dannno you are on drugs.

The guidelines do not say that sleeping in common areas is allowed and the rules specify what IS allowed - and guests are specifically not allowed to sleep in common areas:

https://housing.yale.edu/sites/defau...dbook17-18.pdf

The thing is, if you had guests the student could sleep in the common area and the guest could sleep in their bed, but to me that is just as burdensome on the common area and I believe the rules would be enforced in that case.

Many other schools do specify that sleeping is not allowed in the common area in dorms.

But that is all irrelevant to my argument. What is relevant is the fact that she would have done the same thing if some shady white lady was sleeping in there.
    So in the other thread you claimed that the issue was that a guest cannot sleep in the common area and now you claim that it doesn't matter whether or not she was a guest.

From the rulebook link you posted:

Guests in Dormitories
    You may have a guest stay with you for a 3-day, 2-night period occasionally.
    All guests are to sleep in student rooms, not in common rooms or any other
    space outside of the student’s room. Keys are not issued to guests.
    You must register your guest with the Housing Office. Please email
    housing@yale.edu including your name, your room number and building,
    as well as the name of your guest and the dates of their stay. Failure to
    register your guests or complaints against a guest can result in loss of guest
    privileges. Guests should conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful
    to the other residents. It is your responsibility to let your guest know about
    the campus regulations and housing expectations. Guests should not be left
    in student rooms and buildings when their hosts are not with them.

So only guests are barred, by the rulebook, from sleeping in the common area.

Again.. reading COMPREHENSION is very important..
    Except you lack the ability to read your own posts.

Dannno you are on drugs.

So in the other thread you claimed that the issue was that a guest cannot sleep in the common area and now you claim that it doesn't matter whether or not she was a guest.

From the rulebook link you posted:

Guests in Dormitories
    You may have a guest stay with you for a 3-day, 2-night period occasionally.
    All guests are to sleep in student rooms, not in common rooms or any other
    space outside of the student’s room. Keys are not issued to guests.
    You must register your guest with the Housing Office. Please email
    housing@yale.edu including your name, your room number and building,
    as well as the name of your guest and the dates of their stay. Failure to
    register your guests or complaints against a guest can result in loss of guest
    privileges. Guests should conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful
    to the other residents. It is your responsibility to let your guest know about
    the campus regulations and housing expectations. Guests should not be left
    in student rooms and buildings when their hosts are not with them.

So only guests are barred, by the rulebook, from sleeping in the common area.
    You are purposely obfuscating my posts again, I'm terminating discourse this is just going to turn into another 80 page pile of $#@! where you don't address anything I say.

The part of the text you made large for some reason was me explaining why they have rules against non-guests sleeping in the common area as well, although less specific, because they could have guests sleep in their bed and then go take the common area..

But the point is, the rules state that only specific activities may take place in the common area, and sleeping is not on that list, therefore it is against the rules.

Except you lack the ability to read your own posts.
    Go to Yale, get a dorm room and instead of sleeping in your room, try sleeping in the common area every night and report back, let me know how that goes. Better yet, have one of your white friends try that and see how it goes. I guarantee it will end with the same outcome, they will tell you both to stop.

You are literally so full of $#@! it seems to me like you are just here trolling.

You are purposely obfuscating my posts again, I'm terminating discourse this is just going to turn into another 80 page pile of $#@! where you don't address anything I say.

The part of the text you made large for some reason was me explaining why they have rules against non-guests sleeping in the common area as well, although less specific, because they could have guests sleep in their bed and then go take the common area..

But the point is, the rules state that only specific activities may take place in the common area, and sleeping is not on that list, therefore it is against the rules.
    No. You are straight up lying. I wish I could say I was surprised.

Go to Yale, get a dorm room and instead of sleeping in your room, try sleeping in the common area every night and report back, let me know how that goes. Better yet, have one of your white friends try that and see how it goes. I guarantee it will end with the same outcome, they will tell you both to stop.
    In that case they would be in danger of a lawsuit especially considering the fact that the dean of Yale's graduate school has stated that the black student who was sleeping in the common area was in the right.

You are literally so full of $#@! it seems to me like you are just here trolling.
    You just got busted with lying (again) and you want to claim I am full of it? Seriously?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In that case they would be in danger of a lawsuit especially considering the fact that the dean of Yale's graduate school has stated that the black student who was sleeping in the common area was in the right.
    That is INCORRECT for so many reasons. Having a dorm room does not entitle you to sleep in the common area every night. You would get kicked out. It's amazing how you are completely unable to deal with reality. Like I said, go try it. Don't tell me I'm wrong. Try it yourself, then report back. I don't need to post on messageboards all day about things I know that are true.

It is also INCORRECT because they didn't say what you said. They stated that they were in the right to be in the building.. they didn't say it was ok to sleep in the common area every night.. and they said it, like I said, because they don't want the wrath of the media and the left coming down on them like what happened to Starbucks.

But again. I repeat myself. Extremely. Annoying.

You just got busted with lying (again) and you want to claim I am full of it? Seriously?
    Literally everything you have said is wrong, I have no idea what you are talking about.

The rules say that the common areas are for (specific listed purposes) - Sleeping is not on the list, therefore they can kick you out if you are sleeping.

But even if it was allowed, which it isn't, I would still be right, for reasons I posted in my previous post, like 5 times now.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-14-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Why are there dorm sleepers in the BBQ thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Why are there dorm sleepers in the BBQ thread?
    jmdrake was wrong about them in the other thread so he has to drag them in here so I can explain 10 times why he was wrong in the other thread.

Seriously, anybody who thinks jmdrake is right go ask a college student to sleep in their common area in their dorm every night for 3 weeks and report back. White or black, asian, male, female, don't. care.

That is INCORRECT for so many reasons. Having a dorm room does not entitle you to sleep in the common area every night. You would get kicked out. It's amazing how you are completely unable to deal with reality.
    You're being as a$$ and specifically you are lying. This isn't about "sleeping in the common area every night." This is about someone working on a paper, falling asleep at her desk, and taking a nap. She didn't change into her nighties, roll out a sleeping bag and go to sleep.

Further, all the rulebook says about the common area is that you can't use it to do private lessons or running a business. From the rulebook.

yale housing handbook
    2017–2018
    Common Rooms
    There are common rooms in each building for social and academic gather
    ings. Every resident has access to these spaces and equipment. Residents
    must respect the established community standards regarding the use of the
    space.
    If you would like to reserve the common room, please request the space by
    contacting your Resident Coordinator. There is no charge to use the com-
    mon rooms. Quiet hours must be observed and the common room must be
    cleaned by the resident after use.
    Residents are not allowed to use the common rooms for private lessons or
    for running a personal business operation and must be present during the
    entire time of the reservation

So...quit lying.

jmdrake was wrong about them in the other thread so he has to drag them in here so I can explain 10 times why he was wrong in the other thread.
    I am 100% correct and you are lying.

Seriously, anybody who thinks jmdrake is right go ask a college student to sleep in their common area in their dorm every night for 3 weeks and report back. White or black, asian, male, female, don't. care.
    Still lying dannno. Nobody said anything about doing anything other than taking a nap at your desk.

You're being as a$$ and specifically you are lying. This isn't about "sleeping in the common area every night." This is about someone working on a paper, falling asleep at her desk, and taking a nap. She didn't change into her nighties, roll out a sleeping bag and go to sleep.

Further, all the rulebook says about the common area is that you can't use it to do private lessons or running a business. From the rulebook.

yale housing handbook
    2017–2018
    Common Rooms
    There are common rooms in each building for social and academic gather
    ings. Every resident has access to these spaces and equipment. Residents
    must respect the established community standards regarding the use of the
    space.
    If you would like to reserve the common room, please request the space by
    contacting your Resident Coordinator. There is no charge to use the com-
    mon rooms. Quiet hours must be observed and the common room must be
    cleaned by the resident after use.
    Residents are not allowed to use the common rooms for private lessons or
    for running a personal business operation and must be present during the
    entire time of the reservation

So...quit lying.
    Sleeping is not a social or academic gathering. It says common areas are for social and academic gatherings. Not sleeping.

The rules are purposely a little vague so that a student who accidentally falls asleep while studying is ok, but a student who sleeps in there every night would be in violation of the rules and they could ask them to leave..

But again, that isn't the point. The point is the girl would have called the police on a shady white lady or white dude sleeping in the common area as well, even if they were a student. Or she would have tried to remove her herself, it is possible she called the cops on the black girl because she felt threatened for enforcing the rules, or at least what she believed the rules were.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-14-2018 at 02:20 PM.

According to @dannno this:

equals this:

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sleeping is not a social or academic gathering.
    Call the cops! Student illegally sleeping in class!

The rules are purposely vague so that a student who accidentally falls asleep while studying is ok, but a student who sleeps in there every night would be in violation of the rules and they could ask them to leave.
    All the evidence in this case is that the woman that the mentally unbalanced broad you are stupidly defendant called the cops on was not "sleeping in the common areas every night." Quit making shyt up.

But again, that isn't the point. The point is the girl would have called the police on a shady white lady or white dude sleeping in the common area as well, even if they were a student. Or she would have tried to remove her herself, it is possible she called the cops on the black girl because she felt threatened for enforcing the rules, or at least what she believed the rules were.
    Ah. So you finally get to the truth. There was not a rule violation. There was just a stupid person that believed that there was.

As for what this one mentally unbalanced white woman might do if it was a "shady white lady" (what's shady about taking a nap when you're studying?) is an open question. Would the Waffle House shooter have shot up a Waffle House with white people? Maybe. Maybe not. You'll have to ask him.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.

dannno, why are you making such a huge deal out of this?

Please STOP.

The cops were called on a student falling asleep studying- not cuddling up in her pjs for the night.

The cop-caller was WRONG- get over it.
    There is no spoon.

I like BBQ.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I like BBQ.
    Me, too. If she had played her cards right, she probably could've scored a free rib.

I got in trouble once because I joined a group picnicking. It was some kind of company party at the park and they had food and a bouncy house - the works. Anyway, I took the kids to the bouncy house and went and got us some hot dogs and some woman came up and told me we had to leave it was a private party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    dannno, why are you making such a huge deal out of this?

Please STOP.

The cops were called on a student falling asleep studying- not cuddling up in her pjs for the night.

The cop-caller was WRONG- get over it.
    No, the mainstream media is wrong for making this about race because race had nothing to do with it. Like I said, she would have called the cops if there was some shady white lady or white dude sleeping in the common area as well.

She clearly didn't feel safe with someone she didn't know or who was known for bringing shady people around sleeping in the common area. And you have no idea if this was something that happened regularly, whether she brought a blanket out there and was posting up or what. You're just making $#@! up and doing what all the other bull$#@! leftist progressives do, minimizing as much as possible and making an issue of race where there is none.

These people in this thread were BBQing where it was against the law to BBQ. Somebody called the cops. OMG, it's racist because the people BBQing were black!! Completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I like BBQ.
    Ya, the cops should have known where the legal BBQ locations are in that park were and simply directed them there. End of story. Doesn't need to go to the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How to parse this?

Government and cops have drilled it into everybody's heads: see something say something. Report everything. Do not take things into your own hands, call 911.

Anybody here reading this knows this is a disaster in the making - do not call cops, and a local politician points that out: that calling cops can get somebody killed.

Too many rules, too many cops, too many busybody Mrs. Kravitz types, too willing to use those rules to call those cops on you.

And again, that important message gets lost in the never ending racial angle.

Family wants to create awareness after BBQ confrontation at Lake Merritt

http://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/f...itt/1170499558

By:Haaziq Madyun

Updated: May 09, 2018 06:24 PM PDT

OAKLAND (KRON) - A family's weekend barbecue outing at a popular East Bay spot had the potential of turning seriously ugly.

Police were called in because of a dispute about where people can set up their charcoal grills.

"This is exactly what is the problem with Oakland today. This lady wants to sit here and call the police on them for having a barbeque at the lake as if this is not normal," said Michelle Snider.

Snider used her cellphone to record the woman you see on the video who called Oakland police because she said "it is illegal to have a charcoal grill in the park here."

The incident happened a couple of weeks ago at Lake Merritt in Oakland.

Snider's husband Kenzie Smith says he and a friend were setting up for a weekend cookout like they have done for decades with their families when he says they were approached by the woman in the video.

"She said that we were trespassing, we were not welcome, and then she turned back around and said, 'ya'll going to jail,'" said Smith.

"I think we need to question the policies that made this woman think woman feel she had the right to harass people," said Snider.

According to an official Oakland Park and Rec map of Lake Merritt, there are six designated barbecue locations, three stationary charcoal locations, and three non-charcoal portable grill locations.

Smith and Snider were charcoal grilling in a non-charcoal grilling location.

"I have seen people barbecue with charcoal for years," said Smith.

It's against the rules, but is it a crime?

"I think it is really incumbent on all of us that when we call police, it is for emergency purposes," said Oakland City Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney.

McElhaney suggests other options instead of calling the police in this situation.

"I want to encourage people to know when to call the police, when to raise a question of regulations with the city council, maybe there is a passive way to reach out to us," McElhaney added.

Oakland mayoral candidate Cat Brooks looks at the situation from a different angle.

"When you engage law enforcement in these kinds of things you are opening the door for things to go very wrong, the potential for arrests like in Philadelphia with those two black men or worse physical assault or death and I don't believe in this day and age that white folks don't know that," said Brooks.

However, this case did not get out of hand.

Oakland police did arrive and both parties claimed they were being harassed.

Officers took a police report.

No citations were given and no arrests were made.

Smith was allowed to continue his weekend family barbecue by the lake like he says since he was a child.

"Honestly I want some kind of awareness. We need to be able to talk about this in an open forum," said Smith.

And if that happens, it could be the beginning of building a better community.

If i were that family I would be absolutely outraged. I'd love to see someone create a .jpg of her from that video and plaster her picture all over that town so that when she walks by people can recognize her and spit on her. I know as a Christian I'm not supposed to hate anyone, but I can't help it: I absolutely hate people like this. They are the destroyers of freedom and peace.

How would this have turned out if a black family had paid a fee and reserved a legal cook site months in advance and they called the police on a white family doing an illegal charcoal barbecue?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the woman calling police is a moron.
    I'd rather hang out with the BBQ family.

@dannno ,, are you dating the Lying Whackjob that called the police? . or trying to?

Because your defense of the racist bitch makes no sense otherwise.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Illegal to bbq in a park ? What are the parks for ?
    Homeless?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Reminds me of the lyrics in a Johnny Cash song.

I went drifting
    Through the capitals of tin
    Where men can't walk
    Or freely talk
    And sons turn their fathers in

The Wanderer: Johnny Cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ACjRCagd0sU

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast