Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA - Wal Marx workers refuse to make cop's cake because "raciss".

http://www.copblock.org/166498/wal-m...oyees-refused/

The Thin Blue Line Cake Wal Mart Employees Refused to Make Is Illegal
    SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 BY JOSHUA SCOTT HOTCHKIN 7 COMMENTS

SHARES
    FacebookTwitterGoogleRedditTumblr

Both the woman who ordered the cake, and the McDonough, Georgia Wal Mart who eventually made it despite employee protests, have violated federal laws.

You know what is more delicious than cake? Irony. Sweet triple-frosted irony. As it turns out, when Wal Mart employees refused to make the cake on moral grounds, they were unknowingly acting in accordance with federal trademark laws.

Read: Wal Mart Workers Refuse To Make “Blue Lives Matter” Cake

This morning a long time friend of mine, who is a baker in a similar grocery chain outlet, cited copyright laws as a likely reason the Wal Mart had refused to make the cake. Since that was not the reason given, and since the cake was eventually made, I doubt that reasoning was in play. But while investigating claims on the thin blue line logo, I did find one.

The requested design, a black rectangle with a blue line through it, is a trademark protected image owned by Blue Line Productions. A message on their website shows gives documentation of ownership and contains the following statement from President Steve Bollinger:

Blue Line Productions is the proud owner of the “Blue Line Identifier” trademark. We originally designed, developed, and marketed this nationally recognized trademark. It is our intention to aggressively protect our mark. This mark can not be reproduced without the written permission of Blue Line Productions.

Click the banner to discover ideas for a better world by abolishing the police.
    Clearly the federal trademark laws protecting the requested cake design were broken here. Here is an explanation from Cornell Law School:

Trademark law protects a trademark owner’s exclusive right to use a trademark when use of the markby another would be likely to cause consumer confusion as to the source or origin of goods. To establish a violation of the Lanham Act for either a registered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1114, or an unregistered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1125(a), the plaintiff must demonstrate that (1) it has a valid and legally protectable mark; (2) it owns the mark; and (3) the defendant’s use of the mark to identify goods or services causes a likelihood of confusion.

Suffice it to say, the cake certainly violates the terms of trademark law. Since it is a punishable crime which may be enforced by law enforcement agencies, one wonders why police have not investigated the commission of the the crime by the woman, nor its commitment by Wal Mart. Where were the good cops when these criminals were committing crimes in their names?

I guess cops think they can have their criminal cake and eat it, too.

Meanwhile here at CopBlock.org all of our materials are registered under a Creative Commons license which allows anyone to reuse or reproduce any of our materials for any reason at any time. Unlike Blue Line Productions, we are not greedy shysters trying to squeeze every last cent out of the thuggish misery of the police state. You are welcome.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where can I get a blue lives matter bumper sticker. Sounds like a great way to get out of a speeding ticket.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Walmart doesn't like to do custom cakes. They gave me $#@! about my white birthday cake. I don't like the taste of food coloring and wanted a birthday cake with flowers but no food coloring in the frosting and it was quite a drama. I finally convinced the lady to make it for me because I used the Perry Mason technique on her but she was a tough nut to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Where can I get a blue lives matter bumper sticker. Sounds like a great way to get out of a speeding ticket.
    it works.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They refused to follow an Officer's order...

Should have been arrested on the spot.
    wut? surely worthy of summary execution; no less.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Whole slew of 'em...take your pick.

https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Sticke.../dp/B00RJ80AS8

Hahahaha - perfect.

Three felonies a day.

Arrest that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    http://www.copblock.org/166498/wal-m...oyees-refused/

The Thin Blue Line Cake Wal Mart Employees Refused to Make Is Illegal
    SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 BY JOSHUA SCOTT HOTCHKIN 7 COMMENTS

SHARES
    FacebookTwitterGoogleRedditTumblr

Both the woman who ordered the cake, and the McDonough, Georgia Wal Mart who eventually made it despite employee protests, have violated federal laws.

You know what is more delicious than cake? Irony. Sweet triple-frosted irony. As it turns out, when Wal Mart employees refused to make the cake on moral grounds, they were unknowingly acting in accordance with federal trademark laws.

Read: Wal Mart Workers Refuse To Make “Blue Lives Matter” Cake

This morning a long time friend of mine, who is a baker in a similar grocery chain outlet, cited copyright laws as a likely reason the Wal Mart had refused to make the cake. Since that was not the reason given, and since the cake was eventually made, I doubt that reasoning was in play. But while investigating claims on the thin blue line logo, I did find one.

The requested design, a black rectangle with a blue line through it, is a trademark protected image owned by Blue Line Productions. A message on their website shows gives documentation of ownership and contains the following statement from President Steve Bollinger:

Blue Line Productions is the proud owner of the “Blue Line Identifier” trademark. We originally designed, developed, and marketed this nationally recognized trademark. It is our intention to aggressively protect our mark. This mark can not be reproduced without the written permission of Blue Line Productions.

Clearly the federal trademark laws protecting the requested cake design were broken here. Here is an explanation from Cornell Law School:

Trademark law protects a trademark owner’s exclusive right to use a trademark when use of the markby another would be likely to cause consumer confusion as to the source or origin of goods. To establish a violation of the Lanham Act for either a registered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1114, or an unregistered mark under 15 U.S.C. § 1125(a), the plaintiff must demonstrate that (1) it has a valid and legally protectable mark; (2) it owns the mark; and (3) the defendant’s use of the mark to identify goods or services causes a likelihood of confusion.

Suffice it to say, the cake certainly violates the terms of trademark law. Since it is a punishable crime which may be enforced by law enforcement agencies, one wonders why police have not investigated the commission of the the crime by the woman, nor its commitment by Wal Mart. Where were the good cops when these criminals were committing crimes in their names?

I guess cops think they can have their criminal cake and eat it, too.

Meanwhile here at CopBlock.org all of our materials are registered under a Creative Commons license which allows anyone to reuse or reproduce any of our materials for any reason at any time. Unlike Blue Line Productions, we are not greedy shysters trying to squeeze every last cent out of the thuggish misery of the police state. You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Whole slew of 'em...take your pick.

https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Sticke.../dp/B00RJ80AS8
    Hell you can do better than bumper stickers and actually get customized plates in N.C.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12