Thread: Any book recommendations for someone who wants to start buying gold for the first time?

Any book recommendations for someone who wants to start buying gold for the first time?

My sister read a book recently that had her call me up and ask me about how to go about investing in gold. I gave her some basic information and different view points, and that it can go up and it can go down... that kind of stuff. I would really like to send her a book on buying gold and understanding gold, as well as the brief information on why our fiat isn't really money, etc..

Thanks for any responses, and I may send this book to another person as well.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gold Peace and Prosperity by Dr. Paul.
    It is a light read; but it hits home the freedom aspect better than near anything I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Gold Peace and Prosperity by Dr. Paul.
    It is a light read; but it hits home the freedom aspect better than near anything I have read.
    Thank you Specs, your recommendation means alot

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    My sister read a book recently that had her call me up and ask me about how to go about investing in gold. I gave her some basic information and different view points, and that it can go up and it can go down... that kind of stuff. I would really like to send her a book on buying gold and understanding gold, as well as the brief information on why our fiat isn't really money, etc..

Thanks for any responses, and I may send this book to another person as well.
    Well, I think something on personal financial benefits would be better for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Thank you Specs, your recommendation means alot
    you can get it as a pdf here and check it out:
    http://mises.org/books/goldpeace.pdf

But I like the little booklet; I've given out a few copies of them and urge people to pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    you can get it as a pdf here and check it out:
    http://mises.org/books/goldpeace.pdf

But I like the little booklet; I've given out a few copies of them and urge people to pass it on.
    Just ordered 2 paperback editions from Amazon... on their way. ... and yeah one for me too, so that's 3! Great recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Well, I think something on personal financial benefits would be better for her.
    You know I'm not sure, she has someone that manages her families money. She's pretty savvy with books, and yet she is now interested in buying gold, because of an impression and a conversation she had with someone she highly respects. It's actually pretty interesting. To make a long story short as possible.... One of her friends has a parent who immigrated here from Spain when he was younger, and quickly became extremely successful, by self teaching himself by reading books, he rose very high up in Chrysler without a degree, and now lives in Florida, retired. The guy has always talked to his wife about investing in gold, rather than stocks and paper, and he is now doing that, and has also purchased guns/ammo, all of that stuff. Anyways, this guy obviously has alot of sway with people, and she recently called me, and had alot of questions. She has always heard me mention all of the above topics of course. I am also aware, its sometimes best to just point them in the direction at this point with a book, so they can find their own path.