Thread: Indianapolis Robbery Victim Calls Police -- Gets Shot in the Stomach by Cop

Indianapolis Robbery Victim Calls Police -- Gets Shot in the Stomach by Cop

"Just an unfortunate occurrence."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...t-on-east-side

IMPD officer mistakes man for robber, shoots him
    Matt McKinney
    4:55 AM, Aug 23, 2016

INDIANAPOLIS -- An officer with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department shot and injured a man he mistook for a robbery suspect Tuesday morning.

The incident began around 4:30 a.m., when police responded to a call of a robbery on the 3600 block of Foxtail Drive, which is near the intersection of 38th Street and N. German Church Road.

Police say a woman was coming home from work when a man approached her with a gun, demanding her car.

The woman threw her keys and ran inside. Her husband came out with a gun to protect her.

The IMPD officer shot the husband, believing he was the suspect. He was shot in the stomach and is in serious condition.

"Our prayers and thoughts are with him and the rest of the family," said Randal Taylor, the assistant chief of investigations for IMPD. "Just an unfortunate occurrence."

The officer wasn't hurt.

The suspect is still wanted by police.

Taylor said a number of protocols will now happen to the officer who fired the shots.

Representatives with the Fraternal Order of Police and Internal Affairs will be involved in the situation.

A grand jury will also review the case.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DO NOT CALL COPS.

Jesus Christ...

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Served... Protected... or both?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    DO NOT CALL COPS.

Jesus Christ...
    My best buddy from High School has relatives off 38th St . He would tell everyone the same .

This story will of course get no traction.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Stay inside with door locked laying face down on the floor and wait for the police to do their job. Stop trying to be a hero. The husband should be fined, arrested, or jailed for impeding the police officers. Imagine the mental anguish the officers have to deal with because of this stupid persons actions.

Taylor said a number of protocols will now happen to the officer who fired the shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The difference is in the training. Cops are trained to shoot anyone with a gun. Law-abiding citizens make that critical error of not shooting a cop first.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.