Thread: Major Obama Donor made 225k PAC donation to Sarvis campaign

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Major Obama Donor made 155k donation to Libertarian PAC That Funded Sarvis Petition drive

This just broke.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

dun dun dun dun. I love the puritatians who jumped onto this trojan horse outfit. Too funny. A little cheese works perfectly for a trap...Sarvis originally voted for Cuccinelli as AG to boot but he suddenly switched horses? ROFL $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...natorial-race/
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Excellent strategy by the Democrats. If I were a Big Government Democrat, I would totally campaign for the Libertarian party.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Big L libertarians really need to apply some of the suspicion that they reserve for social conservatives to the embarrassing parade of greeks bearing gifts.

Flashback:

Ron Paul to Virginians: 'Insane' to Vote for 'Libertarian' Robert Sarvis
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Robert-Sarvis
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Everybody knows libertarians are pure and never play politics or compromise their principle... Only the R and D parties do that!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Everybody knows libertarians are pure and never play politics or compromise their principle... Only the R and D parties do that!
    Some libertarians have a nefarious agenda similar the mainstream GOP. The whole Sarvis affair has been proof positive of this. No one did any research on this guy, while at the same time demonizing Cuccinelli as Satan Jr.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-05-2013 at 10:07 AM.

I cant imagine why this would bother a Libertarian. Using your enemies money for good isn't something I have a problem with. If I understand most Libertarians position on Sarvis, it isn't that they think he is a good candidate; but rather to support their party. So this enemies money only help them in that endeavor.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Source for anyone claiming anywhere on these boards that their affiliation with the Libertarian party is source to their convictions and principles? I'll wait...

Why is this revealed just now? Little too late?
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    This is democrats smartly using the libertarian/neocon division in the GOP to their advantage. The smart counter move for the GOP would be to embrace the libertarian movement and stop treating them like outsiders. If the GOP doesn't stop assaulting libertarians they will continue to lose many races that are winnable.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Source for anyone claiming anywhere on these boards that their affiliation with the Libertarian party is source to their convictions and principles? I'll wait...
    I'll wait for someone to find anywhere where people claim the GOP as the source of their convictions...
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This is democrats smartly using the libertarian/neocon division in the GOP to their advantage. The smart counter move for the GOP would be to embrace the libertarian movement and stop treating them like outsiders. If the GOP doesn't stop assaulting libertarians they will continue to lose many races that are winnable.
    The GOP offered absolutely nothing for the L.P. party in exchange for their votes. This could have played out much differently. It was a missed opportunity on the part of the GOP to form a coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The GOP offered absolutely nothing for the L.P. party in exchange for their votes. This could have played out much differently. It was a missed opportunity on the part of the GOP to form a coalition.
    Who knows what happened? I have a hard time believing that the Cuccinelli campaign did not reach out Sarvis.

Other than offering a candidate that agreed with much of the LP's platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Why is this revealed just now? Little too late?
    Yeah, everyone I have been chatting with are saying the same thing... WHY is this coming out now, on election day? Who's doing the vetting? What took them so long on the background checks? Who forgot to follow the money trails? etc..

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Who knows what happened? I have a hard time believing that the Cuccinelli campaign did not reach out Sarvis.
    Yes indeed, especially when the pole were showing Sarvis with 13%... that would immediately send a peace offering for a coalition... there's more to all of this than on the surface.

Wonder if Obama is using the IRS, NSA, DOJ as covert ops for McAwfull? You know what Ron just said last night... "The 'Thugs' in Washington DC..."
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 11-05-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know. I would have a hard time believing that Ron Paul with his creds couldn't have brokered a deal. Perhaps a bone thrown to the LP to allow them in future debates. Something. It seems to me that it was a forgone conclusion that just having the name of Paul attached would get them their desired results. The LP is a political party. They want more access to the two-party stage. It seems to me a missed opportunity to form a better coalition. I don't think that the GOP is going to accuse the LP of being inconsequential again depending on how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Other than offering a candidate that agreed with much of the LP's platform?
    The LP is it's own party. They want more access. That is how the game is played. As so many here that claim to know it all constantly impress.

I don't know. I would have a hard time believing that Ron Paul with his creds couldn't have brokered a deal. Perhaps a bone thrown to the LP to allow them in future debates. Something. It seems to me that it was a forgone conclusion that just having the name of Paul attached would get them their desired results. The LP is a political party. They want more access to the two-party stage. It seems to me a missed opportunity to form a better coalition. I don't think that the GOP is going to accuse the LP of being inconsequential again depending on how this works out.
    If things turn out bad in Virginia, I would imagine that large amounts of Republicans would view the Libertarian party as just an extension of the Democrat party.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    If things turn out bad in Virginia, I would imagine that large amounts of Republicans would view the Libertarian party as just an extension of the Democrat party.
    Well, they did view them as inconsequential. If the GOP doesn't win then they are going to have to point the blame somewhere. There was a seven percent voting block that they failed to gain. They probably could have if they went about it right. As to the blame game, I didn't see the L.P. end it's campaign and throw support to the Dems.

You Know,, I could really give a $#@! about what Republicans think..

I have seen enough to know that I want nothing to do with them,, and these $#@!ing threads are pushing me to become militant in my hatred.

Reagan,, Created FEMA,, promoted Socialized Health Care,, increased the Police State,, (War on Drugs)
    G Bush I,, "Read My Lips" ,, "New World Order",, He was $#@!ing CIA for Gods sake
    G BUSH II,, War,, Lies and WAR,, Gave us the TSA and the Patriot Act.

Certainly not a full list of accomplishments,,
    Oh,, and the last two presidential candidates,, McCain and Romney. @puke
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

One of the reasons why to most people, I will not describe myself as a libertarian (even though the views I hold are most closely aligned with that ideology). The stench of the LP is not one I want to have on my person.

What is known is that it was Cuccinelli blocking access to Sarvis/LP. That effectively burned any potential bridge-making.

dun dun dun dun. I love the puritatians who jumped onto this trojan horse outfit. Too funny. A little cheese works perfectly for a trap...Sarvis originally voted for Cuccinelli as AG to boot but he suddenly switched horses? ROFL $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The puritans stayed away from Sarvis, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    One of the reasons why to most people, I will not describe myself as a libertarian (even though the views I hold are most closely aligned with that ideology). The stench of the LP is not one I want to have on my person.
    That is the way I feel about Republicans.

I made an exception for Ron... but the Republicans didn't want him either.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

They don't care about anything except keeping their ballot access. Which might make sense if they ever came remotely close to winning an election.

Well, they did view them as inconsequential. If the GOP doesn't win then they are going to have to point the blame somewhere. There was a seven percent voting block that they failed to gain. They probably could have if they went about it right. As to the blame game, I didn't see the L.P. end it's campaign and throw support to the Dems.
    Well, the Libertarians spent mot of their time attacking KC, which is sort of indirect support.

But the candidates's only job is to win an election. When it comes to laying blame for a loss, it is only on the candidate. People have a right to run against him.

The GOP moves back and forth on their opinion of the Libertarians. They're either inconsequential, or they're absolutely to blame for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Well, the Libertarians spent mot of their time attacking KC, which is sort of indirect support.

But the candidates's only job is to win an election. When it comes to laying blame for a loss, it is only on the candidate. People have a right to run against him.

The GOP moves back and forth on their opinion of the Libertarians. They're either inconsequential, or they're absolutely to blame for everything.
    Same with liberals. First, libertarians are tools of the corporate elite. Next minute, they're losers living in their mom's basement whose ideas would crash the world economy and send us back to the dark ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism