Thread: Regulation Nation: Where Independence Is Illegal without a Permit

Regulation Nation: Where Independence Is Illegal without a Permit

These days, you need permission from the government to do just about anything, including feeding yourself or others.

Do you own a car? Every year, you must go down to the DMV and pay the government for permission to drive it.

Do you own a business? You must register it and pay an annual fee to operate it.

Do you want to renovate your home? You must pay the government to come and tell you if you’re allowed to, how you are allowed to, and to check it afterward to make sure you complied with all of their rules.

Do you want to swap your homemade goodies for someone else’s homemade goodies? You’re supposed to get permission from the government to do it, and they’d also like you to pay them taxes on the transaction.

Do you want to educate your children at home? In some states, you have to pay for permission to do that. You still have to pay taxes to support your local school, mind you, but you’ll need a “permit” on top of it.

Do you want to hunt or fish to supplement your food budget? You’re supposed to go get a license to do that, too.

Do you want to go off the grid? If you’re even allowed to, you’ll have to get a permit and an inspection.

The government is aware of their own pending obsolescence and that’s why they’re so desperate to regulate every darned thing. Oh – and the money – they make a ton of money from forcing you to purchase permission to live your life.

Independence must be squelched.

We must get permission to feed ourselves or others, make a living without a typical job, and help our neighbors. We have to pay money to get a license to hunt or fish. We have to pay yearly extortion fees to drive our own cars. We can’t sell eggs from our chickens without permission in some states, and to do so legally, must attend a course and pay a fee to get an “egg handlers license.”

To barter, we have to conduct our business like a bunch of drug dealers. If I want to swap my home-raised chickens for someone else’s home-raised lamb, heaven forbid that the government should find out. They’d tax us, inspect us, fine us, and maybe even arrest us.

In places where you aren’t allowed to have or carry a firearm, you’re at the mercy of criminals and the wait time from calling 911. One must jump through a ridiculous number of hoops to get a concealed carry permit to be able to protect oneself instead of waiting helplessly for the cops to show up.

If only I were making this up.

Here’s why.

If we don’t need their handouts, their jobs, their food, and their social assistance, it’s a whole lot harder for them to force us to do things against our will.

When you don’t need anything the government has to offer, you have the type of freedom upon which our nation was founded.

It was called the Declaration of Independence for a reason, but many Americans have lost that revolutionary spirit. They just stand by and accept unreasonable and unjust laws. They shrug and say that there’s nothing they can do.

And now, these unjust laws are preventing us from helping those who are struggling.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., in his letter from a Birmingham, Alabama jail, wrote, “One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Personally, I have no intention whatsoever of following an unjust law. If I see that someone is hungry, I’ll feed them. If they’re cold, I’ll clothe them. I will grow my own food, drink from a well, and trade goods with my friends. If I can help another human being, I’ll do it, and the government be damned.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/12/...ithout-permit/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...and the government be damned.

Did you get permission to post that here?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did you get permission to post that here?
    Nah, I've met Lew. I'm sure he's cool with it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nah, I've met Lew. I'm sure he's cool with it.
    Name dropper.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Name dropper.
    Meh, I bet she hasn't met teh Collinz.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I cannot remember if I have met Rockwell , but I met Harlan Sanders and I have not met Collins. Only Collins I ever knew other than Tom was a guy I went to basic with from Mississippi , he was the youngest of 9 and would suck the marrow out of a bone . Great guy. I smoked a lot of pipes with him later on, LOL.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Name dropper.
    I've also met Jeff Deist. Mark Thornton. Joseph Salerno. And I have a book signed by Lew - addressed to me, personally.

Nope.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

did you just call Suz a blimp?
    *ducks*

she just got back man.. whatcha tryin' to do here?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!