Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Trade Surplus with Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You convinced me. Tariffs are wonderful and create millions of jobs. Nobody gets hurt.
    Guns save lives too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It isn't over yet, they are still laboring under the delusion that we will fold if they bluff.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So we ramp up ours. You haven't heard a single country say that the refuse to sell to us. Have you? These are just weak counter moves. The US is THE LARGEST CONSUMER NATION on the face of the earth. These are just face saving measures. But, they'll come in line during trade negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So we ramp up ours. You haven't heard a single country say that the refuse to sell to us. Have you? These are just weak counter moves. The US is THE LARGEST CONSUMER NATION on the face of the earth. These are just face saving measures. But, they'll come in line during trade negotiations.
    Like NAFTA which involves tariff targets Mexico and Canada?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...ons-2018-05-31

U.S. tariffs only add to the obstacles for Nafta negotiations

Experts say Canada, Mexico unlikely to make concessions

The Trump administration’s decision to impose steel and aluminum tariffs against allies Canada and Mexico throws the latest wrench into talks to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, which started last year and had already hit roadblocks in May.

Rather than forcing Canada and Mexico into concessions on Nafta, analysts say, the tariff move is likely to strengthen Canada’s and Mexico’s resolve to not back down on unconventional U.S. demands for Nafta, such as the elimination of international panels to resolve trade disputes and a new clause under which the pact would expire if not explicitly renewed every five years.

The U.S. “may see this as a cost-free way of applying additional pressure. But the result will be the opposite,” said Gordon Ritchie, a former Canadian ambassador for trade negotiations.

He and other analysts say the tariffs put further trade-pact negotiations against a backdrop of ill-will and a widespread trade skirmish, none of which bodes well for a resolution to the Nafta stalemate.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bull$#@! posturing. You still aren't getting it. But, progressives rarely do. Just sit back, get off your computer and relax. Everything is gonna be better than alright. Certainly better than under Obama.

NAFTA needs to die, we can cut a deal with each country one at a time after they accept that we aren't their patsy anymore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bull$#@! posturing. You still aren't getting it. But, progressives rarely do. Just sit back, get off your computer and relax. Everything is gonna be better than alright. Certainly better than under Obama.
    All hail King Trump! Ruler of the World! Everybody should bow down to Me!

Ask not what Trump can do for you- ask what you can do for Trump! (or we will impose tariffs/ sanctions on you!)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-11-2018 at 07:56 PM.

All hail King Trump! Ruler of the World! Everybody should bow down to Me!

Ask not what Trump can do for you- ask what you can do for Trump! (or we will impose tariffs/ sanctions on you!)
    Knew it was only a matter of time before your progressive EMOTIONS trumped your progressive tactics. Carry on.

Knew it was only a matter of time before your progressive EMOTIONS trumped your progressive tactics. Carry on.
    Whenever they are losing the argument they switch to emotions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So what deals has Trump actually negotiated to completion as President? The Great Negotiator? He has ended several. So far he has shown better skill at tearing things down than building them up.

What countries have "caved in" to his demands since he began to threaten sanctions?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.

So what deals has Trump actually negotiated to completion as President? The Great Negotiator? He has ended several. So far he has shown better skill at tearing things down than building them up.
    Tearing things down isn't a good thing? Shaking things up? Probably better a status-quo president like Hillary, amirite? Six months in. Only a beginning. The omelet is not yet made but the eggs are getting broken. Better find a safe space, Zippy. More than likely, if things keep going as they are, you've got another 7.5 years of Trump rage ahead of you. It'll wear you down and burn you out.
    And the truth of the matter is I don't much care for him. But, I've learned to let it go. It's better than the status-quo. He's actually created a rift in America that has been long festering. Progressivism is at an end. And that, in and of itself, is a good thing.

See? You don't understand $#@!. They will capitulate. They HAVE NO CHOICE. Lol. You just don't get it. Has any country threatened a boycott of ours over tariffs? NO. They know where their bread is buttered.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iu.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	6012
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tearing things down isn't a good thing? Shaking things up? Probably better a status-quo president like Hillary, amirite? Six months in. Only a beginning. The omelet is not yet made but the eggs are getting broken. Better find a safe space, Zippy. More than likely, if things keep going as they are, you've got another 7.5 years of Trump rage ahead of you. It'll wear you down and burn you out.
    And the truth of the matter is I don't much care for him. But, I've learned to let it go. It's better than the status-quo. He's actually created a rift in America that has been long festering. Progressivism is at an end. And that, in and of itself, is a good thing.
    18 months, but you are correct anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

US imports from China totaled $115.6 billion in 2016 and their GDP is $11.2 trillion. Their exports to us are about one percent of their GDP. They would weather a trade war better than we would.

Trade wars are the proverbial cutting off your nose to spite your face. You hurt yourself as much as the other guy.
    Where does the rest of their GDP come from? Same BS as ours?

Nice job everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Where does the rest of their GDP come from? Same BS as ours?
    Ghost cities.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    18 months, but you are correct anyway.
    Thanks for the correction. Between my mom's stroke in Dec. and the uptick in work because people are spending now I've lost track. I've raised my cash price this year 30% and nobody has blinked. I've had two days off in the last 20. Don't know what Trump is doing but he's got something moving along. It's much better than under Obama.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123