Thread: California Dem 'Huggy Bear' Hertzberg must keep hands to himself, colleagues say

California Dem 'Huggy Bear' Hertzberg must keep hands to himself, colleagues say

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...agues-say.html

A Democrat in the California state Senate has been banned from embracing colleagues and other co-workers after a probe found him engaging in unwanted hugging and touching.

State Sen. Bob Hertzberg, D-Van Nuys, was the subject of a state Senate report released Thursday that details rampant sexual harassment in the Capitol in Sacramento.

The investigation, which included more than 30 interviews with 28 witnesses, examined four complaints dating to 2010, involving three female lawmakers and a male sergeant at arms.

The report concluded that Hertzberg’s hugs made the colleagues uncomfortable, although they were not intended to be sexual.

The lawmaker’s behavior over the years earned him nicknames such as “Hugsberg” and “Huggy Bear” as he often greeted men and women alike with hugs.

... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...agues-say.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've found that swiftly bringing your knee up into the crotch usually dissuades this type of interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've found that swiftly bringing your knee up into the crotch usually dissuades this type of interaction.
    This could be perceived as a refusal to kiss ass. Bad move.

In Bob's defense, he is an equal opportunity groper:

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

In Italy this is called "normal behavior".

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

In Bob's defense, he is an equal opportunity groper:

Guess it is "birds of a feather" type $#@!. I'm not homophobic but I'm not gonna walk down the street hand in hand like the Saudis are want to do. And it's not even resigned to male-male contact. There's huggy-touchy-feely women and I can't stand them either....

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    In Italy this is called "normal behavior".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    Ban hugs and affection!
    Public displays of affection at work - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ection-at-work