Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tariffs will hurt South Carolina manufacturing

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    At this point, that's all they have left.
    No, that's just what we are constantly defending against.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, that's just what we are constantly defending against.
    Funny, but you have zero problems using the same sources if you think it makes Trump look good. And no, don't ask me to provide examples, I don't have the time to dig them up.
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny, but you have zero problems using the same sources if you think it makes Trump look good. And no, don't ask me to provide examples, I don't have the time to dig them up.
    So what if they report on it if it doesn't become part of their narrative?

There is all kinds of truth buried in the msm that never gets repeated and never becomes part of the narrative.

Didn't you ever watch 9/11 truth documentaries?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    My reply to you in other thread when you raised this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless
    I never denied that. If you have any concern like I do about things going to hell here in the US due to automation you would not continue to promote trade policies that further exacerbate driving businesses and jobs offshore.
    You explicitly told me my numbers were wrong and never offered any follow up as to what the true numbers are. The studies I linked to showed trade policy as being the cause of only 13% of job loss in domestic manufacturing. Most of the rest was due to automation / technology.

I don't believe automation is causing things to "go to hell" here in the US (in fact, quite the opposite) but that is a debate for another day.

But if you agree that automation is responsible for a large portion of the job loss we're seeing, I'm curious how tariffs will help with that?

In my own observations, any source that is critical of Trump, no matter how valid the criticism, is immediately labeled "fake news" or "Soros propaganda" by many of the Trump fanbois, and dismissed out of hand. No need to provide data to refute. Facts don't matter. In the rare cases where someone does provide contradictory sources, they are mostly sources that are even more suspect than the ones they're objecting to. (For example, the ONLY contradictory source anyone cited in my drone thread was US military sources, citing the very people whose misbehavior is under examination as a source to disprove that misbehavior. Also, all that was ever contested were the raw numbers. The fact that Trump continues to employ illegal, unconstitutional drone strikes, and that at least some innocent civilians are killed and maimed in the process was just glossed over.)

Any source that supports their position, no matter how suspect otherwise and no matter how much conflicting factual data one provides, is A-OK. No critical analysis necessary.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    You explicitly told me my numbers were wrong and never offered any follow up as to what the true numbers are.
    Here we go again.

The leftist media pushed the false narrative of 3% of domestic steel production for military consumption as the only issue. However the far greater issue the Pentagon indicated was the loss of national infrastructure such as bridges and the power grid affected by some sort of event that would limit our domestic steel capacity and ability to obtain foreign imports of steel.

In a time of war or an embargo we would be screwed. But of course a contingent of RPF always relies on facts from the lying leftist media while defending reliance on exports from Communist adversaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    The studies I linked to showed trade policy as being the cause of only 13% of job loss in domestic manufacturing. Most of the rest was due to automation / technology.

I don't believe automation is causing things to "go to hell" here in the US (in fact, quite the opposite) but that is a debate for another day.

But if you agree that automation is responsible for a large portion of the job loss we're seeing, I'm curious how tariffs will help with that?
    The studies I posted show otherwise and my point about things going to hell is the future of automation to come. Which again is why I posted this quote below.

If you have any concern like I do about things going to hell here in the US due to automation you would not continue to promote trade policies that further exacerbate driving businesses and jobs offshore.
    Like I said in the other thread do you really want a tax increase to fund a UBI and to grow the welfare state due to where we are headed with automation?

Like I said in the other thread do you really want a tax increase to fund a UBI and to grow the welfare state due to where we are headed with automation?
    Why would the drive for greater automation stop due to tariffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Why would the drive for greater automation stop due to tariffs?
    What is ironic is that it will accelerate automation.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12