Thread: All Hail the Reopening!

All Hail the Reopening!

All Hail the Reopening!
    Jeffrey A. Tucker – January 25, 2021

What a glorious thing the reopening is! After nearly a year of darkening times, the light has begun to dawn, at least in the US.

Given how incredibly political this pandemic has been from the beginning, many people smell a rat. Is it really the case that the reopening of the American economy, particularly in blue states, is so perfectly timed? Do the science and politics really line up so well?
    For those of us inveighing against lockdowns for a full year, it’s truly been a remarkable week. Restrictions are being loosened or are going away. We are finally getting some truth about the carnage. And we are even starting to see some elected officials being honest with us.

Let’s start in the most locked down state on the mainland: Massachusetts. Governor Charles Baker, whose pandemic management has wrecked so many businesses in his state, has decided it’s time to open up restaurants and businesses.

A hospital epidemiologist at Tufts Medical Center admits that the lockdowns didn’t achieve their goal. Shira Dorn said: “Businesses and restaurants have not been shown to be a significant source of spread of infection, and it’s not clear that the additional measures that were instituted in November and December actually helped.”

So sorry we ruined your holidays and lives.

The egregious limits on gatherings will persist for a few more weeks, but the tone of the argument here has shifted. It is the most significant change in state policy in a very long time. Perhaps people can begin soon to get their human rights back?

The same is happening in other states.

Washington, D.C. will resume indoor dining.

Maryland’s governor has decided that the state needs to reopen schools now and no later than March 1.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan says Michigan restaurants can reopen for indoor dining on February 1. Her health adviser decided to resign. Let us hope it is the beginning of many.

Chicago’s mayor is now demanding an immediate opening of restaurants and bars. Chicago is also threatening teachers unions that they must return to work.

New York Governor Cuomo has dramatically reversed his rhetorical course and demanded a reopening of the city. More announcements are expected in the coming days.

Governor Gavin Newsom, incredibly, has lifted all stay-at-home orders across the state and is permitting dining to open up. Many restaurants have defied orders for months now, and good for them. This new announcement shows that their defiance had an influence.

Montana’s new governor has lifted Covid restrictions.

National Public Radio has decided to announce that the virus has peaked.

The WHO is insisting that the PCR cycle threshold must change. If nations adjust, it should make a big difference in the case trend.

And perhaps in the most honest statement uttered by any elected official in twelve months, Joseph Biden said the following: “There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.” He didn’t need to qualify that statement. He could have stopped after pandemic.
    Finally, we have actual experiments in openness right here in the US. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and South Dakota have all been open since the spring of last year, with life continuing on more or less as normal. The results have been no worse and most often better than what we see in lockdown states. It’s almost as if the virus doesn’t care about your political solutions.
    More: https://www.aier.org/article/all-hail-the-reopening/
    [Bolding added.]
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's funny. I've seen a number of inaugurations over the years, about half of them involving Democrats. This is the first time I every heard anyone claim one cured colds.

This one is memeworthy.

HOW TO CURE

THE COMMON COLD
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-25-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Some Dems will tell you openly they did every trick possible to get rid of Prez Trump

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Some Dems will tell you openly they did every trick possible to get rid of Prez Trump
    You know it, they know it, they know that you know it, you know that they know that you know it, and they know that you know that they know that you know it.

Which is why they refused any kind of audit like their life depended on it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    All Hail the Reopening!
    Jeffrey A. Tucker – January 25, 2021

[Bolding added.]
    Pretty much what I see here , Chicago , California , Mass , NY, Mich, Maryland , DC is a list of places I'd rather not visit . Might be too late for them to reopen a year later . A lot of business will have gone under , a lot of people will be leaving those states , cities and a lot of people probably dont care if they ever reopen .

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    You know it, they know it, they know that you know it, you know that they know that you know it, and they know that you know that they know that you know it.

Which is why they refused any kind of audit like their life depended on it
    When power is the principle, the rest amounts to little more than details pertaining to its acquisition.

Still pushing vaccines to beat the band tho.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I'm absolutely shocked and and surprised by this revelation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    For all of the wrong reasons, and in hindsight, Pelosi and friends were right.

They were completely wrong at the time. They denied the reality that it was spreading, that it was coming from China (“you’re racist!”) and that it spread from person to person. Completely irresponsible at a time when SARS-COVID19 was believed to have a fatality rate of somewhere between 10% (SARS) and 20% (MERS).

Now we know the true fatality rate is the same as a bad flu season, and so do they. Thus, they will return to “come to Chinatown!” rhetoric, and the Obama/Biden H1N1 strategy of completely ignoring it, albeit with the addition of forced vaccine. Big Brother to the rescue.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And coincidentally, this is the one year anniversary to the day of when I and many people I know caught COVID. For many of us, including myself, it was very mild. For some, it was severe and lingering. No one I know was hospitalized. At the time, we all thought it was a strange cold.

FWIW Daniel McAdams was denying there was even a virus just a few months ago

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    When power is the principle, the rest amounts to little more than details pertaining to its acquisition.
    A Pia Fraus.

https://dictionary.thelaw.com/pia-fraus/

Latin: A pious fraud; a subterfuge or evasion considered morally justifiable on account of the ends sought to be promoted. Particularly applied to an evasion or disregard of the laws in the interests of religion or religious institutions, such as circumventing the statutes of mortmain.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Anyone think we will have a 4th of July this year?

1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

How is this for a coinkydink....

Current, Deadly U.S. Coronavirus Surge Has Peaked, Researchers Say
    January 21, 2021 5:09 AM ET The devastating fall and winter wave of coronavirus infections that is causing so much misery across the U.S. appears to have finally peaked, according to several researchers who are closely tracking the virus.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...esearchers-say

Not even 24 hours after Biden is sworn in and the virus is already in retreat. Hard to argue with this magic!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Not even 24 hours after Biden is sworn in and the virus is already in retreat. Hard to argue with this magic!
    Considering it was already sweeping through many areas of the US (like California) from December - March, it’s hard to believe all of the “case” numbers since then. While the CDC is finally talking about dialing down the PCR test cycles, it’s too little too late. One of the biggest historical farces of this whole epidemic will be the PCR testing, and calling those “cases”. It could hardly have been more anti-science.

This is hardly a surprise. It's been predicted for months the democrats would declare the virus ending when they took over.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    This is hardly a surprise. It's been predicted for months the democrats would declare the virus ending when they took over.
    I'm surprised. I didn't think they'd insult our intelligence this thoroughly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The democrats in Washington don't care. They see you as a racist terrorist.

They might be walking us with leashes & collars next. Not sure how they spin it

I've been taking snapshots of the article headlines with the dates as time stamps, just for posterity purposes.

We all knew this was going to happen. Many of us tried saying it. Now, here we are.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Anyone think we will have a 4th of July this year?

Why have a July 4th when you can have a May 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Why have a July 4th when you can have a May 1st?

Mayday, yeah, no kidding!

Oooh oooh while we are just farting in the wind and calling it snow, how about we celebrate Feburary 32nd! Y'all heard that right! I hear bye declair that Febyouairy 32rd is now a Intergalactic Intercosmic Intersexual(?) Holladay!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Been going on for a year...some sort of internal Rubicon was crossed and suddenly obvious, blatant, mind numbing hypocrisy and double standards were declared to be acceptable within the Marxist Media Organs for furtherance of the Glorious Revolution.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.