Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Alert! Ron Paul Delegate Training Is Critical!!

Exclamation Red Alert! Ron Paul Delegate Training Is Critical!!

There are many new enthusiastic Ron Paul supporters, but this needs to be translated into viable election results. If you aren't elected as a delegate from caucus, you can't vote for Ron Paul in any of the caucus states. The sooner you and I register as many Ron Paul Republicans as possible, the sooner we restore the republic!

Use this site to train new people to the delegate process, and help spread the word to all the Ron Paul newbies on Facebook! There are many new people on facebook who currently have no idea what this delegate process is all about.
    http://ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Delega...60179997333468

The caucus states are: Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, Iowa, Nevada, Nebraska, Washington, Maine, Wyoming, Texas, Utah

Original story here from the Daily Paul: http://www.dailypaul.com/174154/red-...paul-delegates

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    QFT. They robbed us last time because we didnt have enough delegates. PLEASE folks, this is vital!

I want to be a delegate in CO. Bookmarked!
    Last edited by ctiger2; 08-18-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks for posting!

BUMPing for importance of the thread!

Just curious, for the members of this forum how come a post like this is pretty much ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom of Speech View Post
    Just curious, for the members of this forum how come a post like this is pretty much ignored?
    I've found that the more important the thread, the more it is ignored. You're right, delegates are crucial. It's like voting times a hundred! I was a delegate in '08 and there weren't enough of us.

I was a delegate last time in the Congressional District and State conventions in Missouri. The most important things I learned from the process were:

1) Show up for the caucus (find out where/when it is held in your county) and learn in advance which caucus attendees are RP supporters so you can plan who will be nominated as delegates, what platform issues to present, etc. Also if you can get a majority of caucus-goers, try to elect an RP supporter as chairman.

2) Assuming you are elected as a delegate, meet with your Regional Campaign Coordinator ahead of District convention to discuss strategies, nominations (we nominated a bunch but only voted for certain ones), etc. Try to get RP people elected to Rules Committee and be sure to have RP people watching vote counts if you do written ballots for election of delegates.

3) There is far less chance of being elected as a delegate to the national convention. You may be part of a "slate" or vote on one. In any event if RP has not won the state primary you may be obliged to vote for whoever did win, on the first ballot or possibly the first two. Anything can happen though as candidates drop out near the end of the race.

4) There should be someone connected with the campaign in your area who can give you the best info. Find out who this person is, make sure they know of your interest, and offer to help them.

Great information for the caucus states, keeping this bumped so all eyes can see!

The Virginia process is very confusing to me. I don't see any calls from the Rep group website in my area. Any help please?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I was a delegate last time in the Congressional District and State conventions in Missouri. The most important things I learned from the process were:

1) Show up for the caucus (find out where/when it is held in your county) and learn in advance which caucus attendees are RP supporters so you can plan who will be nominated as delegates, what platform issues to present, etc. Also if you can get a majority of caucus-goers, try to elect an RP supporter as chairman.

2) Assuming you are elected as a delegate, meet with your Regional Campaign Coordinator ahead of District convention to discuss strategies, nominations (we nominated a bunch but only voted for certain ones), etc. Try to get RP people elected to Rules Committee and be sure to have RP people watching vote counts if you do written ballots for election of delegates.

3) There is far less chance of being elected as a delegate to the national convention. You may be part of a "slate" or vote on one. In any event if RP has not won the state primary you may be obliged to vote for whoever did win, on the first ballot or possibly the first two. Anything can happen though as candidates drop out near the end of the race.

4) There should be someone connected with the campaign in your area who can give you the best info. Find out who this person is, make sure they know of your interest, and offer to help them.

Speaking of slates, is it normal for the same name to appear on more than one candidate's slatecard (as happened in 2008 see pics below), or are they gaming the system?

I can't answer that one except to say that I've never seen it happen anywhere else.

bump
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

It's pretty simple.... don't sell out like the last ones did.
    Don't believe the bs from the GOP, don't 'sell' your vote for influence. Because it's not influence you're buying, it's disillusionment.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

FYI

On Alex Jones today, Richard Reeves will be in studio to talk about Ron Paul's presidential campaign, and how you can get involved with local issues in your community. He mentioned that they would cover becoming delegates.

Last edited by IPSecure; 02-15-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

Can somebody help me confirm this. I'm trying to become a delegate in Georgia but it seems that I missed a meeting in May to do so. Is it too late? I'm having trouble finding good information on this.

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdontcount View Post
    Can somebody help me confirm this. I'm trying to become a delegate in Georgia but it seems that I missed a meeting in May to do so. Is it too late? I'm having trouble finding good information on this.
    http://lisbethcarter.wordpress.com/2...in-the-ga-gop/

http://lisbethcarter.files.wordpress...ving2011d1.pdf

I don't know if the above links are accurate or not.

Contacting the Ron Paul campaign might be your best bet to find out and also signing up to be a volunteer with the campaign would be a huge help that way you can at least help getting out the vote for Ron Paul.

Thumbs up Volunteer needed

We need a Ron Paul Patriot to step up and run a twitter account for the site, http://ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com/
    We have an account, and its ready for action: http://twitter.com/RonPaulDelegate

Should we fail to secure enough delegates for the caucus states, and votes in the primary states, Ron Paul will have lost the election! We can't have that happen! A twitter account with a strong leader would be ideal for spreading this vital information.

Please respond and help out Cleaner44 and myself run this page. We are currently running this as a hobby project, which has been birthed from forums like the RonPaulForums and DailyPaul.

Thank You!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Georgia isn't a caucus state. How important is it that we get delegates in non-caucus states, if at all?

I've always been confused as to how this works.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by kah13176 View Post
    Georgia isn't a caucus state. How important is it that we get delegates in non-caucus states, if at all?
    I'd start at this page, and then network with supporters in GA for more info.
    http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/GA-R

I have a couple of questions regarding Texas delegate selection.

I started looking into becoming a delegate today and found my precinct. However, my precinct does not have a GOP chairman. I briefly entertained the idea of running for that position, but if that would hinder my ability to be a delegate, I wouldn't want to do it. (Also, I'm unsure as to what the time commitment is, and what kind of political experience would be necessary. I can't imagine much experience would be required, based on the size of my precinct. I could easily walk the perimeter in extreme Texas heat and not die.)

Additionally, what happens in a precinct convention if there is no chairman? Would a convention exist at all? If being chairman would preclude my ability to be a delegate but having no chairman at all would disqualify anyone from being a Ron Paul delegate, that seems to be a worse fate. I've checked out the ronpauldelegates wordpress for Texas, but the information there is from 2008 and while somewhat helpful, I worry that rules have changed.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker75 View Post
    I have a couple of questions regarding Texas delegate selection.
    Here's information for Texas:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post3399601

Each precinct is not suppose to have a GOP Chairman. Every county will have a Chairman in charge of the County Republican Party.

Do we need delegates in California?

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdontcount View Post
    I'm in GA as well, and have been trying to find out how to do this. I also read about that May meeting. I'm not sure that it was mandatory in order to become a delegate, but I do think it was important. Have you found out anything else?

I'm worried b.c I've seen several blogs at Redstate of the neocons writing about how they've become GA delegates. Over my dead body!

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Here's information for Texas:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post3399601

Each precinct is not suppose to have a GOP Chairman. Every county will have a Chairman in charge of the County Republican Party.
    So the precinct convention happens after primary voting has occurred and there needn't be anyone in charge at that location? This seems a little sketchy to me.
    Last edited by Skywalker75; 09-04-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronpauljones View Post
    Do we need delegates in California?
    The campaign will submit a list of 6 people (3 delegates and 3 alternate delegates) per Congressional District to the CA Secretary of State.

If you sign up as a volunteer on the campaign's website and the campaign is still in need of delegates for a Congressional District, they may contact you.

Otherwise, there's not much to do to become a delegate in California.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker75 View Post
    So the precinct convention happens after primary voting has occurred and there needn't be anyone in charge at that location? This seems a little sketchy to me.
    I may have been wrong about a precinct having a Chairman.

I found this from 2008:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...l=1#post365667

The precinct convention is called to order by the Precinct Chairman or a person acting in his stead.
    I'm not sure how you become the Precinct Chairman though. Hopefully others from Texas can answer your questions.

I'm in GA also, I looked into the whole question some time ago and to the best of my knowledge there is no point becoming a delegate here, it's a primary with allocated / binding candidates per district / state according to vote results.
    3 delegates per 14 districts = 42
    33 delegates per state (I found the info on some website but forgot where...)

I'm in GA as well, and have been trying to find out how to do this. I also read about that May meeting. I'm not sure that it was mandatory in order to become a delegate, but I do think it was important. Have you found out anything else?
    Since I decided it was no use I'm not sure but this pdf file is a start, it's from the official gop website www.gagop.org.

Thank you to all those in caucus states that will become delegates.
    Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death. Patrick Henry
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Ron Paul - Phone Calling, Canvasing, and becoming Delegates for the WIN!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

bump
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    bump
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

This whole thing always confuses me. And usually when I try to find information about it in NYS online, it's like searching for the holy grail. It's almost like forbidden knowledge unless you're in the loop. Maybe I just got lucky:

I just found this site. There's an abundance of information here. You should look up your own state:

This site is dedicated to the dissemination of facts, figures, tidbits and commentary- in fact, information of many different kinds- related (primarily) to the American political process. We sincerely hope you very easily find the kind of information you are looking for here, perhaps even information- all gatheredhere in one place- you might not so easily find anywhere else.

2012 Republican
    Delegate Selection
    and Voter Eligibility:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/R-DSVE.phtml
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast