Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones to Debate Piers Morgan LIVE! 1/7/12 9PM ET (video added)

Can we just be clear on one thing? AJ doesn't represent our 'movement'. He is only a facet of it. Dr. Paul is our representative. That's IF we still consider ourselves the Ron Paul Revolution.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Can we just be clear on one thing? AJ doesn't represent our 'movement'. He is only a facet of it. Dr. Paul is our representative. That's IF we still consider ourselves the Ron Paul Revolution.
    Alex Jones has always been apart of the Ron Paul Revolution. Why do you think Ron Paul himself will be on the Alex Jones Show tomorrow ? This is what most you need to understand - we are in this together and need to defend our own. WE are the Ron Paul Revolution.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Agreed.

I have no idea why this is so hard to understand.

We, all of us, are representatives, we are not a monolithic group by any means.

And we all have different styles that all serve different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Sounds like many of the rabid AJ haters on here.
    No it doesn't. Nobody ever says anything like that here. But I do believe you could be delusional enough to see that happening when it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ron Paul = Thomas Jefferson

Alex Jones = Sam Adams
    Smdh.

ETA: Please, by all means, how is Alex Jones is the equivalent of Samuel Adams? I don't understand the comparison.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I agree with Alex sometimes and even Agree with Glenn Beck sometimes, but I'd rather see Alex's ranting angry emotion than Glenn's crying

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Smdh.

ETA: Please, by all means, how is Alex Jones is the equivalent of Samuel Adams? I don't understand the comparison.
    Sam Adams was loud and confrontational and hot tempered.

I think Ron represents us better to the television audience; however, Alex does a very good job with his radio show.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Please, by all means, how is Alex Jones is the equivalent of Samuel Adams?

(hope nobody saw that misquote)
    Last edited by presence; 01-08-2013 at 04:16 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    I agree with Alex sometimes and even Agree with Glenn Beck sometimes, but I'd rather see Alex's ranting angry emotion than Glenn's crying
    I like Beck but Beck is too reclusive. He's not a fighter.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    I think Ron represents us better to the television audience; however, Alex does a very good job with his radio show.
    Honestly, I don't know why this always has to devolve into thousands of posts of people bashing each other over the head.

Some folks, like myself, are fans and appreciate Jones for what he is.

Others dislike him.

So be it, it takes all kinds, let it go at that.

My .02: I wish Alex would have stayed away from the "conspiracy" stuff, and just hammered Morgan with facts, as he came out the gate with the number of dead at the doorstep of the state, and with the confiscations of previous totalitarians.

But to be perfectly frank, I have NO problem with the "way" he behaved. People who ratherly blandly and aristocratically discuss the rights we are and are not entitled to should be shouted down. It's well and high time that someone get in the face of these smug psuedo-intellectuals. This isn't a discussion about who is picking up the tab, for cripe's sake. This is about our God-given, natural human rights.

I have my criticisms of Alex, but other than taking the conspiracy bait, last night isn't among them. A moralizing, statist pig like Morgan needs to have a finger stuck in his chest.

Fact Check Debate: Alex Jones Vs. Piers Morgan

Fact checking Alex Jones is no easy task, especially when he made over 30 statements in a 10 minute clip. This is only a partial list of statements, a full report would take days to dissect.
    Alex Jones

* FBI says there’s a 20%+ rate drop in crime: True, but over many years, not just in a single year
    * About 74% of about 11,000+ gun homicides in the US were gang related: As an average, True
    * 190,000 people died from hospital infections: Couldn’t find recent data but in 2009 it was the 4th leading cause of death in the United States, and this 2012 article put’s it around the same rank
    * The Number 1 killer in history is “governments” who killed 292 millions people in the 21st Century: True
    * Britain took your guns 15-16 years ago and it tripled violent crime: True. Britain is the most violent country in Europe
    * Michael Springman head of (inaudible) department blew the whistle that the hijackers were allowed into the US: Potentially True. A lot of news outlets reported on this. Here’s one.
    * Mexico, total gun ban on citizens, over 50,000 died in three years: True
    * German fasle-flag firebomb April 27th 1933: [B]True[B]
    * Mega banks have bragged that they have taken over in Bloomberg, AP. True, this has been said on those outlets. I’ve seen them personally but don’t have time to dig around for them.
    * Criminal elements of the military industrial complex were behind 9/11: Unknown, but history will tell.
    * Criminal factions of the US Military were behind Gulf of Tonkin: True, Robert McNamara said publicly that it was a false flag.
    * Criminal elements of the military industrial complex were behind Operation Gladio: True
    * Why don’t you go back and face charges for the hacking scandal? True
    * Why did you get fired from the daily mirror for putting out fake stories? True
    * The government buys 1.6 billion bullets last year : True
    * The number 1 cause of death is suicide: Couldn’t find solid 2011 or 2012 data but suicide is in the top 10 and has climbed every year for over a decade. Link
    * Why don’t you want to get rid of drugs? Because they’re half your sponsors? This is an exaggeration but a lot of drug companies advertise on CNN.
    * 3 times the amount of people are killed with rocks, pipes, knives: Need more information, but this number is higher than you think.
    * Murder with a semi automatic weapon is very low. Unknown but Hand Guns are #1 but a long shot. Here.
    * Mao killed 80 million people because he was the only guy who had the guns: Estimates vary widely, with 80,000,000 on the very HIGH end.
    * Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in Europe, and your country (Britain) has the highest: True

Piers Morgan

There were 35 gun murders in Britain last year: True

America has the most guns out of 23 of the richest countries in the world: True

He didn’t make too many statements.
    http://thebostonliberal.com/fact-che...-morgan-78918/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    My .02: I wish Alex would have stayed away from the "conspiracy" stuff, and just hammered Morgan with facts, as he came out the gate with the number of dead at the doorstep of the state, and with the confiscations of previous totalitarians.

But to be perfectly frank, I have NO problem with the "way" he behaved. People who ratherly blandly and aristocratically discuss the rights we are and are not entitled to should be shouted down. It's well and high time that someone get in the face of these smug psuedo-intellectuals. This isn't a discussion about who is picking up the tab, for cripe's sake. This is about our God-given, natural human rights.

I have my criticisms of Alex, but other than taking the conspiracy bait, last night isn't among them. A moralizing, statist pig like Morgan needs to have a finger stuck in his chest.
    Personally, I think it would have been a better tactical move if AJ would have waited before he went on the attack, for Morgan to make some stupid remark like he tends to do i.e.: "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" - which is what he said to Larry Pratt. At that point, it would have been BEAUTIFUL to see AJ unleash hell on him.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 01-08-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Well, it's evident the Alex Jones rant was just a normal Monday night for Alex. It's everyone else who's freaking out. LOL
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Reactions I've seen a lot of following the video (these are from people who otherwise wouldn't know Piers or Alex):

"Holy $#@!. I felt sorry for Piers in that video

This Alex Jones guy looked like an $#@! with poor reasoning and even worse self control.

It was like watching a petulant 4 year old, in the body of a 40 year old man-child, debating someone by changing the subject, raising his voice, and resulting in name calling and petty imitations.

What a piece of $#@!."

"If I ran a country I would like somebody like Alex Jones at my disposal, acting as a crazies magnet, spouting bull$#@! all day in the most obnoxious fashion to minimize him gaining a sane fanbase and whenever I have some inconvenient information that I fear will leak to the public eventually I would feed it to him first, wrapped inside more ridiculous $#@!, his credibility will tarnish whatever story there might be and I wouldn't have to worry about it getting any traction in mainstream media when the actual leak occurs."

"Guy acts like a complete psycho and I think just made every gun owner in america look like an insane gun nut."

"SMH Alex Jones made pro-2nd amendment people sounds like raging lunatics with this.

Piers Morgan and delusional anti-gun people are very easy to debate when applying logic and rationale, no need to really yell over the douche or ask him to be deported."

"Piers Morgan did less than 5% of the talking in that interview - Alex Jones made the point for him and lived up to a hugely perceived stereotype. I bet Piers had a $#@!-eating grin on him after they shut off the cameras."

It's all anecdotal, of course.

Personally, I think it would have been a better tactical move if AJ would have waited to go on the attack, for Morgan to make some stupid remark like he tends to do i.e.: "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" Which is what he said to Larry Pratt. At that point, it would have been BEAUTIFUL to see AJ unleash hell on him.
    Yeah, to an extent. But, that is already out there. I like that he came out fired up. I get that people think it "discredited" the "liberty movement", but to those people I say that we are past that point. The sides have been chosen. The lines need to be drawn and, for all my disagreements with him, I'm on Alex's side of that line. Just so you know, Piers. We are not here to ask your permission to carry our weapons. We're not here to convince you that you should let us. We WILL carry our weapons. If you think we shouldn't, well... come and get 'em. Molon Labe.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Reactions I've seen a lot of following the video (these are from people who otherwise wouldn't know Piers or Alex):

This Alex Jones guy looked like an $#@! with poor reasoning and even worse self control.

It was like watching a petulant 4 year old, in the body of a 40 year old man-child, debating someone by changing the subject, raising his voice, and resulting in name calling and petty imitations.

What a piece of $#@!."

"If I ran a country I would like somebody like Alex Jones at my disposal, acting as a crazies magnet, spouting bull$#@! all day in the most obnoxious fashion to minimize him gaining a sane fanbase and whenever I have some inconvenient information that I fear will leak to the public eventually I would feed it to him first, wrapped inside more ridiculous $#@!, his credibility will tarnish whatever story there might be and I wouldn't have to worry about it getting any traction in mainstream media when the actual leak occurs."

"Guy acts like a complete psycho and I think just made every gun owner in america look like an insane gun nut."

"SMH Alex Jones made pro-2nd amendment people sounds like raging lunatics with this.

Piers Morgan and delusional anti-gun people are very easy to debate when applying logic and rationale, no need to really yell over the douche or ask him to be deported."

"Piers Morgan did less than 5% of the talking in that interview - Alex Jones made the point for him and lived up to a hugely perceived stereotype. I bet Piers had a $#@!-eating grin on him after they shut off the cameras."

I don't want to know how the internet feels. I want to know how the voters feel about it. They were probably the only ones to watch it live as well.

uhhh.....uhhh...that'll get ya thinkin....

That is a helluva list.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post

Fact checking Alex Jones is no easy task, especially when he made over 30 statements in a 10 minute clip. This is only a partial list of statements, a full report would take days to dissect.
    Alex Jones

* FBI says there’s a 20%+ rate drop in crime: True, but over many years, not just in a single year
    * About 74% of about 11,000+ gun homicides in the US were gang related: As an average, True
    * 190,000 people died from hospital infections: Couldn’t find recent data but in 2009 it was the 4th leading cause of death in the United States, and this 2012 article put’s it around the same rank
    * The Number 1 killer in history is “governments” who killed 292 millions people in the 21st Century: True
    * Britain took your guns 15-16 years ago and it tripled violent crime: True. Britain is the most violent country in Europe
    * Michael Springman head of (inaudible) department blew the whistle that the hijackers were allowed into the US: Potentially True. A lot of news outlets reported on this. Here’s one.
    * Mega banks have bragged that they have taken over in Bloomberg, AP. True, this has been said on those outlets. I’ve seen them personally but don’t have time to dig around for them.
    * Criminal elements of the military industrial complex were behind 9/11: Unknown, but history will tell.
    * Criminal factions of the US Military were behind Gulf of Tonkin: True, Robert McNamara said publicly that it was a false flag.
    * Criminal elements of the military industrial complex were behind Operation Gladio: True
    * Why did you get fired from the daily mirror for putting out fake stories? True
    * The number 1 cause of death is suicide: Couldn’t find solid 2011 or 2012 data but suicide is in the top 10 and has climbed every year for over a decade. Link
    * Why don’t you want to get rid of drugs? Because they’re half your sponsors? This is an exaggeration but a lot of drug companies advertise on CNN.
    * 3 times the amount of people are killed with rocks, pipes, knives: Need more information, but this number is higher than you think.
    * Murder with a semi automatic weapon is very low. Unknown but Hand Guns are #1 but a long shot. Here.
    * Mao killed 80 million people because he was the only guy who had the guns: Estimates vary widely, with 80,000,000 on the very HIGH end.
    * Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in Europe, and your country (Britain) has the highest: True

Piers Morgan

Honestly I can't think of a more damaging interview for the pro-gun side.

It would have been better if the smartest, most persuasive, ANTI-gun spokesman was up there giving a great interview. At least then we would have some material to refute. This is just no-win for our side.

Banned

Blog Entries

What a piece of $#@!."

It's all a bunch of Brits too. check out the profiles of them.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post

It would have been better if the smartest, most persuasive, ANTI-gun spokesman was up there giving a great interview. At least then we would have some material to refute. This is just no-win for our side.
    Pfft, Pratt got Jonesed by Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Yeah, to an extent. But, that is already out there. I like that he came out fired up. I get that people think it "discredited" the "liberty movement", but to those people I say that we are past that point. The sides have been chosen. The lines need to be drawn and, for all my disagreements with him, I'm on Alex's side of that line. Just so you know, Piers. We are not here to ask your permission to carry our weapons. We're not here to convince you that you should let us. We WILL carry our weapons. If you think we shouldn't, well... come and get 'em. Molon Labe.
    Yeah, it's out there, but that's Morgan's m.o., and waiting for it would have lent more cred to AJ, rather than him launching into it off the bat. He's capable of being civil, he behaved on 'The View' - granted it was a completely different scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post

I think you're mistaken as to where we are exactly in this particular debate. In my opinion, the cases have been made. What left is there to say? Little, if anything. If they want to confiscate the guns of law abiding citizens... MOLON LABE.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep for posting! And looks like Alex Jones was spot on in his facts even if his delivery irked some.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post

Alex Jones

Piers Morgan

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It's all a bunch of Brits too. check out the profiles of them.
    In any case, I don't really have much of an opinion on how Alex Jones went about the interview.

I thought it was entertaining television at most.

Huh?
    Oh I see, you split his quote! It almost seemed like you found something he said at another time/place and posted that while implying you "Hadn't put the two together until now." and found out what the "Damned liberal." was about, but that didn't make a whole lot of sense given the context or what he wrote...

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Operation Gladio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

of note is the May 31, 1972 Peteano massacre
    Magistrate Felice Casson discovered that "the explosives used in the attack came from one of 139 secret weapons depots of a secret army organized under the code name Operation Gladio".[21] Neofascist Vincenzo Vinciguerra confessed in 1984 to judge Felice Casson of having carried out the Peteano terrorist attack, in which three policemen died, and for which the Red Brigades (BR) had been blamed before.

Attack their own people, kill 3 of their own police, blame it on the commies.

this was 1972.

Slaughter theaters and schools full of innocents, blame it on law abiding gun owners.

All coincidence theorists need to spontaneously combust now.
    Last edited by Brian Coulter; 01-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast